Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Well that was totally piss poor,and the blame falls entirely at Di Matteo,s feet. This was a great opportunity to blood in Moses and Cesar the new right back, give Oscar a full 90 minutes rest Mikel Lampard and Mata (cos he needs it) but he didn,t do that oh no lets make one paced frankie captain ughhhhhhhhhh.

Well that was totally piss poor,and the blame falls entirely at Di Matteo,s feet. This was a great opportunity to blood in Moses and Cesar the new right back, give Oscar a full 90 minutes rest Mikel Lampard and Mata (cos he needs it) but he didn,t do that oh no lets make one paced frankie captain ughhhhhhhhhh.

I agree,Keith. Trying to keep possession by 'screen' passing across their defensive line was a recipe for disaster.A misplaced pass and they were through our midfield like a knife through butter. Their lightning counter attacking had Lampard,Mata and Mikel toiling in their wake.Luiz must be having nightmares after facing up to Falcao. He was absolutely different class. Torres was snuffed out by their tight defence and lack of service. Hazard was the only one who came out of the game with any credit. If we were over confident before the game,after a perfect start in the Premier League,this has brought us crashing down to earth.

Well that was a wake up call wasn't it.

IMO for large parts of the game Mikel looked like our best player.

It pains me to say it, but Lampard just doesn't cut it anymore.

Hazard seems to be fouled a lot or likes to get a foul by running into people.

Mata has to be rested, I can't see the point in playing him in his form.

Luiz, I didn't think had a bad game. Yes he makes some mistakes but that is because he is always in the thick of it. In fact I'm getting bored of the press he gets. He blocked a shot that then hit the post, so he stopped a goal, but the commentator says he made a mistake and nearly scored an own goal! If that was one of the media darlings the reports would be different.

Torres was just isolated.

Ivanovic was either poor or Falcao was awesome. Large dosses of the latter with smaller of the former I think.

Falcao was awesome.

No need to panic, we will have bad days, but rdm needs an effective plan B.

Well that was a wake up call wasn't it.

IMO for large parts of the game Mikel looked like our best player.

It pains me to say it, but Lampard just doesn't cut it anymore.

Hazard seems to be fouled a lot or likes to get a foul by running into people.

Mata has to be rested, I can't see the point in playing him in his form.

Luiz, I didn't think had a bad game. Yes he makes some mistakes but that is because he is always in the thick of it. In fact I'm getting bored of the press he gets. He blocked a shot that then hit the post, so he stopped a goal, but the commentator says he made a mistake and nearly scored an own goal! If that was one of the media darlings the reports would be different.

Torres was just isolated.

Ivanovic was either poor or Falcao was awesome. Large dosses of the latter with smaller of the former I think.

Falcao was awesome.

No need to panic, we will have bad days, but rdm needs an effective plan B.

I've noticed that Mikel is getting into more offensive positions this season but,when he does,someone needs to fill in behind when he goes forward. The problem was,and has always been with Lampard,Mikel,Ivanovic and Cole in the side,that we are always vulnerable to quick,counter attacking players flooding forward,especially when we are trying to control the play. Diego Simeone's knew this and his tactics were spot on. Their midfield was far superior to ours. Let's hope De Matteo recognises this and starts to use the young,vibrant players he has at his disposal.

I agree OG. I said a few posts back that Mikel and Lampard shouldn't play together. I think it's good that Mikel has been more attacking but who can fill that hole? We need someone quick AND strong and I don't think we have anyone fitting that bill unless Ramires goes there. Could Moses fill the void?

We have a lot of flair and speed in our attacking midfield but we don't seem to play to their strengths. They are talented enough to play quick one touch football, like we saw glimpses of against Newcastle, but they seem to slow it down. Well I don't think we should do that with our lack of physical strength.

Oh, and I'm getting really annoyed by the amount of times players pass to Torres at him or behind him when you can see he wants to run on to it. Again, slowing things down and giving the opponents time to close him down.

Well I enjoyed that game! smile.png

Have said it several times this Summer. Why on earth has no moneybags team here or Spain gone for Falcao? No CL at ATM.

It might be something to do with the 50 million euro buy out clause.Chelsea have nailed their colours to the mast with Torres and I'm certain that a player of Falcao's quality wouldn't want to be sitting on the bench. Good on him that he's stuck by Athletico Madrid. On last nights performance,they could be in the Champions League next season

Have said it several times this Summer. Why on earth has no moneybags team here or Spain gone for Falcao? No CL at ATM.

It might be something to do with the 50 million euro buy out clause.Chelsea have nailed their colours to the mast with Torres and I'm certain that a player of Falcao's quality wouldn't want to be sitting on the bench. Good on him that he's stuck by Athletico Madrid. On last nights performance,they could be in the Champions League next season

Please don't get upset with me but what do you mean by "stuck by Athletico Madrid?" He's been with them for less than a year having penned a long lucrative contract.

Well im still pissed off,its been more than 15hours since than non performance and if i was the Russian i,d be saying to Rdm, No! don,t sit down just tell me <deleted> did i spend 80mil on for you to then turn out that shower of shit,the world and his wife has said that Luiz should be playing infront of the back four cos he has the pace to get up and down and is positive in both holding and carrying the ball forward and you play fat frankie make him captain and at no time ever considered substituteing him,i wanted to see Moses i wanted to see my new right back you told me Mata needed a rest <deleted> did you play him for. Now fuc_k off to the training ground and youv,e got 14 days to put it right and play a proper attacking team against Qpr or your out.

The only thing good to come out of that game is that A Madrid are not in the preimier League,so we,ll not face anything like that again. i hopeannoyed.gif

Edited by keithsimmonds

I know where your coming from mate,just turned on the radio and there you go a Norwich equaliser and then a sending offcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Touche....that's football for ya....everyone's teeth get knocked out eventually!....still I love it...:D

Edited by smokie36

I see that Mereilles has moved to Fenerbahce for 8 million quid. I suppose it's good business for a 29 year old but,I quite liked him and thought he had one of his best games against Newcastle in the holding midfield role along side Mikel. Now that Essien has been loaned out to Real Madrid for the season,that leaves Mikel,Romeu and Lampard to choose from in that position. Not an abundance of pace and tackling ability amongst those three, so it's cause for concern especially when we get hit on the counter.

Overall,that leaves a 23 man squad, so we could draft in two more from the under 21's for now.

I see that Mereilles has moved to Fenerbahce for 8 million quid. I suppose it's good business for a 29 year old but,I quite liked him and thought he had one of his best games against Newcastle in the holding midfield role along side Mikel. Now that Essien has been loaned out to Real Madrid for the season,that leaves Mikel,Romeu and Lampard to choose from in that position. Not an abundance of pace and tackling ability amongst those three, so it's cause for concern especially when we get hit on the counter.

Overall,that leaves a 23 man squad, so we could draft in two more from the under 21's for now.

I like you Og quite liked Mereilles,thought he always put in a disciplined performance,no thrills just got on with it. Lampard is finished as far as im concerned,can,t believe he is still part of the England set- up,doesn,t say much for the young guns. I don,t like to slag him off after all he has done for Chelsea but he could never tackle and now his only position is defensive or holding midfielder,do me a favour. Romeu,s confidence was so badly hit by avb,s departure that i,m not sure he has a place in the squad anymore,he,s passing and tackiling when he got he,s 1st start last year was awesome,but towards the end of the season he couldn,t hit a cows arse with a shovel from 3 feet,and Di Matteo was just not playing him. I think Di Matteo,s hand has now been forced and with the signing of Moses we can only start and finish holding a high line and being more forceful right from the off imhowai.gif Edited by keithsimmonds

I like you Og quite liked Mereilles,thought he always put in a disciplined performance,no thrills just got on with it. Lampard is finished as far as im concerned,can,t believe he is still part of the England set- up,doesn,t say much for the young guns. I don,t like to slag him off after all he has done for Chelsea but he could never tackle and now his only position is defensive or holding midfielder,do me a favour. Romeu,s confidence was so badly hit by avb,s departure that i,m not sure he has a place in the squad anymore,he,s passing and tackiling when he got he,s 1st start last year was awesome,but towards the end of the season he couldn,t hit a cows arse with a shovel from 3 feet,and Di Matteo was just not playing him. I think Di Matteo,s hand has now been forced and with the signing of Moses we can only start and finish holding a high line and being more forceful right from the off imhowai.gif

De Matteo seems to think Mikel walks on water by the number of times he starts.There's no doubt he's a talented,skilful footballer but,as we both know,Keith,he's desperately slow. You're right about Romeu when he burst on the scene but,because he's young, I still think he's worth persevering with. Don't forget that he was bang in the middle of all the <deleted> that went on with Villas Boas and the senior players so,for a young lad,it must have been purgatory.

Talking of senior players,it appears that Ashley Cole has been offered a one year extension to his contract but is 'disgusted' by the offer and is threatening to walk out of the club. He's 31 years old and is getting slower by the day, although you listen to the 'Brains Trust' on TV and they can't stop throwing bouquets in his direction. Well,they must be looking at a different player than I am. This news comes just after Bertrand has had a new five year contract confirmed. He's the future and Cole is the past so,he can go as far as I'm concerned. The cynic in me wonders if this was part of the reason why we were so inept against Athletico Madrid.

"..... He's the future and Cole is the past ...."

That's not the way Eddie Newton sees it, or not immediately (according to a True Sport programme I just had on in the background). He said something like "Bertrand will find it difficult to break into the starting squad with established full backs like Cole and Ivanovic".

Just for info - not trying to score points and of course as a Gooner I have to rush to support Ashley in having a long and fruitful career (not), the little turd whistling.gif

Edited by SantiSuk

"..... He's the future and Cole is the past ...."

That's not the way Eddie Newton sees it, or not immediately (according to a True Sport programme I just had on in the background). He said something like "Bertrand will find it difficult to break into the starting squad with established full backs like Cole and Ivanovic".

Just for info - not trying to score points and of course as a Gooner I have to rush to support Ashley in having a long and fruitful career (not), the little turd whistling.gif

I thought he was talking about Azpilicueta. Anyway, Newton was being very diplomatic and tight lipped throughout the whole of that programme,saying the right and honourable things without being controversial, and then patiently sitting through the turgid Fanzone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OG!!......hope you had a good one mate! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifwai.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks,Sea'. I actually got a birthday cake, for the first time in 50 years but it wasn't big enough for ALL the candles to go on,hehe.

So you're not 37 then blink.png

No he's Seapok's daddy...not his brother....so confusing on here sometimes. They are both claiming to be oppressed however....which should be about right for them! biggrin.png

Happy Birthday anyhow oldgit! tongue.png

yeah hapi birthday 4 yesterday og. And as for ashley cole, i've been saying for a while his days are numbered TBH ,he's no where near the player he was 2 seasons ago and the 12 mth extension sounds about right, he just dont get forward anywhere near enuf nowdays,he's an ok defender but without him getting forward with hs old pace and tenacity ,u have to question his place in chesea and england. imo bertrand's emergance down that left h/s has partly come about because of coles demise. Shame Cole's been a TRULY magnificent l/b,IMO up there with samson and cooper , who knows perhaps we'll see a resurge.

Edited by rijit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OG!!......hope you had a good one mate! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifwai.gifbiggrin.png

Thanks,Sea'. I actually got a birthday cake, for the first time in 50 years but it wasn't big enough for ALL the candles to go on,hehe.

So you're not 37 then blink.png

No,nowhere near it unfortunately.