Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Carling Cup quarter-final draw:

Tottenham v Southend

Liverpool v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Charlton v Wycombe

Looks like a tricky away game for us, its cold up north in December, interesting to see if the foreign boys will be up for it, I'd love to go all the way and get the yids in the final, a nice way to wipe the smile of their faces!! haha

Hope to see you there , but we have a much harder tie...... :o

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tottenham v Southend

Liverpool v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Charlton v Wycombe

Looks like a tricky away game for us, its cold up north in December, interesting to see if the foreign boys will be up for it, I'd love to go all the way and get the yids in the final, a nice way to wipe the smile of their faces!! haha

I take it your a spurs fan Chonabot? much hardier tie! you lot are so jammy, we've had premiership opposition all the way and you lot just scraped past Port Vale!

Tottenham v Southend

Liverpool v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Charlton v Wycombe

I take it your a spurs fan Chonabot? much hardier tie! you lot are so jammy, we've had premiership opposition all the way and you lot just scraped past Port Vale!

It seems that way , but Southend could be a handful.... :D

Tottenham v Southend

Liverpool v Arsenal

Newcastle v Chelsea

Charlton v Wycombe

It seems that way , but Southend could be a handful.... :D

I will be hoping you turn them over, you and us in the final will be one hel_l of a match if the game in 3 point lane is to go by!

Dominating Didier Drogba never better says Jose

A first Premiership hat trick from man of the moment, Didier Drogba made it a comfortable afternoon for the Blues against a poor Watford side.

Post-match, manager José Mourinho praised the understanding his strike force are now developing.

“I think it’s important they understand the qualities of each other. When Didier wins the ball in the air, Sheva has to know that Didier can win that ball because of his power and he has to move in relation to that. And when Sheva has the ball at his feet, Didier has to know that Sheva has the quality to see the space.

“Today they shared four goals between them but it’s not very difficult to be a striker because our midfield players are playing fantastic stuff.”

If there were a vote for Player of the Year now, our hat trick man would surely win hands down. So what more could José add about this season’s most improved player?

“There’s an improvement in every aspect of his game. He’s great in every aspect of his game: low cross, he attacks the ball; long crosses, he dominates in the air; he holds the ball; his pace is very fast. I never saw a better Drogba.

“Physically he’s very strong, he’s sharp, he looks very fast, unstoppable in terms of ball in the space, in the air he’s great. He’s very, very strong in defensive actions at set pieces. He had a direct opponent like Shittu and he dominated every action in the air.

“I think he’s reached the top of his game. Now it’s just a question to stay there for a long time. In this moment, I don’t see another striker playing like him and scoring like him. He’s scoring in every competition, playing amazing stuff.”

Even opposition manager, Aidy Boothroyd lavished praise on the Ivorian.

“Drogba epitomises what a professional should be. He’s quick, he’s got everything a top player should have. What makes him a true professional is when you see him chasing down the back four in the 93rd minute,” he drooled.

On the game overall, Boothroyd observed: “We were not unlucky. They were far better than us and we got what we deserved. They are an exceptional team, they were terrific today.”

I will be hoping you turn them over, you and us in the final will be one hel_l of a match if the game in 3 point lane is to go by!

That would be a cracker, we can no longer compete on a week-in week-out basis with yourselves, but a Spurs-Chelski final would be as big as it gets.

:o

That would be a cracker, we can no longer compete on a week-in week-out basis with yourselves, but a Spurs-Chelski final would be as big as it gets.

:o

Lets have an all london semi final

Gooners v Yids

Charlton v CFC

CFC v Yids in the final ........This time you will get thumped Chonabot

Lets have an all london semi final

Gooners v Yids

Charlton v CFC

CFC v Yids in the final ........This time you will get thumped Chonabot

It's nice that you are so confident , but the final is a long way off , we both have a fairly good cup history...Time will tell , but Chelsea v Spurs looks a better final than Charlton vs Arsenal..... :o

Do you 2 boys know each other? The atmosphere will never be as good as the old Shed days, I used to walk out of there with my mate just able to speak, the singing and the banter was excellent, you do get the odd character going now but it all has seemed to mellowed a great deal.

I suppose the good thing about LOS is you are able to watch the majority of the Chelsea games although it can be at crazy o' clock!

What do you think of this seasons imports? what do you make of Boulahrouz getting the No. 9 shirt? I think its dishonoring the great No. 9 we have in the past.

We got Watford this Saturday, we have to get 3 or 4 at least, need to produce a lot more killer instinct.

I do not know him Seapok. Agreed we need to start bagging more goals mate.

The No 9 shirt - Legends not terminators.

The Shed End was brilliant with characters like one arm babs, pick axe charlie and all the others especially in the 80's.

I must say though at least we are fielding strong sides for the League Cup and we do take it seriously as it is still a special occasion no matter what the final is........Carefree as we sing as we are the famous CFC.

yep the shed days were the best, where did you stand? The middle? The white wall? the tea bar?

The days of one armed babs was before my time, but he put in an appeance a few years back in Seville for the Cup winners cup game against Real Betis

Do you 2 boys know each other? The atmosphere will never be as good as the old Shed days, I used to walk out of there with my mate just able to speak, the singing and the banter was excellent, you do get the odd character going now but it all has seemed to mellowed a great deal.

I suppose the good thing about LOS is you are able to watch the majority of the Chelsea games although it can be at crazy o' clock!

What do you think of this seasons imports? what do you make of Boulahrouz getting the No. 9 shirt? I think its dishonoring the great No. 9 we have in the past.

We got Watford this Saturday, we have to get 3 or 4 at least, need to produce a lot more killer instinct.

The Shed End was brilliant with characters like one arm babs, pick axe charlie and all the others especially in the 80's.

I must say though at least we are fielding strong sides for the League Cup and we do take it seriously as it is still a special occasion no matter what the final is........Carefree as we sing as we are the famous CFC.

yep the shed days were the best, where did you stand? The middle? The white wall? the tea bar?

The days of one armed babs was before my time, but he put in an appeance a few years back in Seville for the Cup winners cup game against Real Betis

Me and my mates used to stand in "the west side, the west side, the west side of the shed" the one gripe I have about the blues is they still charge too much for a ticket, with all the money we have they could at least drop the prices, cup games are down to £20 so its not too bad but tickets for up to £60 a game!! come on Roman I know your a follower of Thai Visa, lower the prices! haha

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has hit back at Sir Alex Ferguson in the row over his planned meeting with referees boss Keith Hackett.

Mourinho was unhappy with the performance of Graham Poll in Chelsea's defeat to Tottenham last Sunday and emailed Hackett with his complaints.

Ferguson called Hackett's decision to meet Mourinho "absolutely ludicrous" but the Portuguese tactician has now responded by saying the Manchester United manager should be the last person to accuse others of getting preferential treatment.

Mourinho specifically referred to the shot from Pedro Mendes against United two seasons ago which clearly crossed the line but was not adjudged to be a goal, and the dubious penalty decision that went United's way against Portsmouth last Saturday.

"For me everything is very clear. I promise you one thing, if I had the ball two metres inside my goal and the referee doesn't allow the goal, I wouldn't speak about referees for two years," he said.

"And if, in the first minute of the game, I have a penalty to kill my opponent before they wake up, I wouldn't speak about referees for one year. I promise."

Mourinho also explained that he decided to contact Hackett because he had been told at the start of the season that all Premiership managers were free to do so.

"Every manager of the Premiership was invited to a meeting," he recalled.

"I went to the meeting because I have no hobbies. For me my life is football and my family.

"On my table, Adrian Boothroyd was there, Martin Jol, Harry Redknapp, Glenn Roeder, and Chris Coleman.

"At the end of the meeting Mr Hackett told us, `please during the season if you want to give a contribution to the game or think you can give some opinions, call me or send me an email'.

"He gave a card to everybody and after the game against Reading I almost called him but decided not to do so.

"After the game against Sheffield United, I almost called him but I didn't.

"After the game against Tottenham, I couldn't do anything else but call him. I don't know when but we will have a chat. Every manager in the Premiership was invited to do the same.

"Sir Alex was not at my meeting but I think there were two meetings - one in London and another one up in the North for managers from different areas.

"I don't know if he was at that one."

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho hailed Didier Drogba as the best striker in world football at the moment following his hat-trick against Watford.

The Ivory Coast international continued his red-hot form with three goals in Chelsea's 4-0 demolition of The Hornets, and Mourinho was left to marvel at his talents.

"There is an improvement in his game in every aspect. He is very strong and he looks very sharp," he praised.

"He is great in the air and very strong in defensive actions. He is at the top of his game. Now it is just a question of him staying there for a long time.

"At the moment I don't think there is anybody better in the world scoring or playing like him.

"He is scoring in every competition - The Premiership, the UEFA Champions League, the Carling Cup. He is playing amazing stuff.

"His improvement has been at every level. I don't like to use the word unstoppable but he is great in every aspect of his game. He attacks the ball, he dominates in the air, he holds the ball well, he is at the top of his game. I never saw a better Drogba than now."

Reflecting on the performance of the rest of his team, Mourinho paid tribute to a thoroughly professional display.

"At the moment with the way our midfield is playing, it is easy to be a striker," he explained.

"Our midfield is playing fantastic. Watford play direct football but they know what they are doing on the pitch.

"If you don't defend well then you are in trouble but we did very well in that aspect.

"We scored four goals and it was quite a good game. We played very consistently and collectively it was a good performance. It was also a positive performance individually. I am happy with the points and the performance."

I would be giving away to much if I told you where I stood. No what I mean !!!

"Carefree"

"Carefree"

THE SHED SONG

we're the middle we're the middle we're the middle of the shed

we're the white wall we're the white wall

we're the white wall of the shed

we're the west side we're the west side

we're the west side of the shed

we're the middle we're the middle we're the shed

(carries across until one side gives up

normally the white wall or the west side but never the middle)

we're the shed end we're the shed end

we're the shed end of stamford bridge.

"Carefree"

THE SHED SONG

we're the white wall we're the white wall

we're the white wall of the shed

we're the west side we're the west side

we're the west side of the shed

we're the middle we're the middle we're the shed

(carries across until one side gives up

normally the white wall or the west side but never the middle)

we're the shed end we're the shed end

we're the shed end of stamford bridge.

Aaahh the memories, brings a tear to the eye! :o, hopefully Reading will be triumphant today and bring the yids back down to earth!, just waiting for Chonabot's reply now! haha

post-4624-1163334572.gifSeapok are you living in LOS or England mate?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Probably the most famous of the Chelsea badges, used for 33 years, this was inspired by the civic coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea. The lion was derived from the Arms of Earl Cadogan who was president of the club and also held the title Viscount Chelsea. The staff is that of the Abbot of Westminster whose jurisdiction extended over Chelsea. The roses represent England and the footballs more obviously represent the game.

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Probably the most famous of the Chelsea badges, used for 33 years, this was inspired by the civic coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea. The lion was derived from the Arms of Earl Cadogan who was president of the club and also held the title Viscount Chelsea. The staff is that of the Abbot of Westminster whose jurisdiction extended over Chelsea. The roses represent England and the footballs more obviously represent the game.

Thanks for the lesson shedend, I'm in London at the moment, going to LOS in January, are you married or have thai gf, thats why you are there? where do you catch the Chelsea games in LOS?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Thanks for the lesson shedend, I'm in London at the moment, going to LOS in January, are you married or have thai gf, thats why you are there? where do you catch the Chelsea games in LOS?

My wife is Thai. Watch the games in either Bulls Head or Dubliner when in Bkk. Currently in Phuket till end of the month.

I am from the White City, Hammersmith what about you?

1953-1986 CFC CREST

My wife is Thai. Watch the games in either Bulls Head or Dubliner when in Bkk. Currently in Phuket till end of the month.

I'm a Battersea boy, I will be there when Chelsea play Wigan, maybe we could meet and cheer them on together!, how old are you? did you get married in LOS? I'm looking to do the same with my thai gf, bit confused by what I've read here, maybe you can give me a few tips.

I'm a Battersea boy, I will be there when Chelsea play Wigan, maybe we could meet and cheer them on together!, how old are you? did you get married in LOS? I'm looking to do the same with my thai gf, bit confused by what I've read here, maybe you can give me a few tips.

I have sent you a PM.

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Shedend, you know and love your club.. A true supporter.. :o

1953-1986 CFC CREST

Shedend, you know and love your club.. A true supporter.. :o

Thanks muckypups. I had good teachers my dad and my grandad god bless him.

Aaahh the memories, brings a tear to the eye! :D, hopefully Reading will be triumphant today and bring the yids back down to earth!, just waiting for Chonabot's reply now! haha

:D......oh hang on we're 2-1 down at half time............. :o

Not doing too well so far mate! haha

I have sent you a PM.

Got the PM, cheers mate

'Sheva keen on Milan return'

ITV News Link.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to return to the Rossoneri.

Shevchenko left Italy this summer to join the Premiership champions, but is yet to find his top form with the Londoners.

Berlusconi told the Italian media: "The last time I heard him (Shevchenko) was on Friday on the phone.

"He (Shevchenko) called me and I was really happy. I was with so many other people and they started applauding him and singing as a chorus, "Sheva return, return with us" and he said he would gladly come back."

Milan are desperate for a spark after a difficult start to the season.

The club began the domestic campaign with an eight-point deduction following their involvement in match-fixing and Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Roma left them 17 points behind Serie A leaders Internazionale and Palermo.

redrus

'Sheva keen on Milan return'

ITV News Link.

AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has claimed Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko wants to return to the Rossoneri.

Shevchenko left Italy this summer to join the Premiership champions, but is yet to find his top form with the Londoners.

Berlusconi told the Italian media: "The last time I heard him (Shevchenko) was on Friday on the phone.

"He (Shevchenko) called me and I was really happy. I was with so many other people and they started applauding him and singing as a chorus, "Sheva return, return with us" and he said he would gladly come back."

Milan are desperate for a spark after a difficult start to the season.

The club began the domestic campaign with an eight-point deduction following their involvement in match-fixing and Saturday's 2-1 home defeat to Roma left them 17 points behind Serie A leaders Internazionale and Palermo.

redrus

Yeah I saw that also, nothing has been said on the Chelsea website, until I see it there I will just put it down to paper talk. By what I saw yesterday he is pairing up well with Drogba now and he also has a laugh with his new team mates, it always takes a while for a player to adapt his new team.

Midweek international roll call

A potential eight Chelsea players could be in action inside Holland’s Amsterdam Arena on Wednesday night as part of this week’s international fixture programme.

England play a friendly away against the Dutch who have selected both Arjen Robben and Khalid Boulahrouz in their squad.

Joe Cole’s return to fitness takes the Chelsea quota in Steve McClaren’s England selection up to six with John Terry, Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Frank Lampard also travelling across the North Sea.

Back in London, Michael Essien’s Ghana have a friendly scheduled for Tuesday night with QPR’s Loftus Road stadium the venue. Australia are the opposition.

For Didier Drogba, there will be a proud return to the Stade Léon-Bollée in Le Mans, the stadium in France where the Premiership’s top scorer began his professional career. It is the chosen venue for Ivory Coast to take on Sweden.

Also lined-up for action in France on Wednesday is Claude Makelele who will be further east in Paris for the home nation’s friendly against Greece.

There is more at stake for Portuguese pair Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira who are in the squad for a Euro 2008 qualifier. They are at home to Kazakistan on Wednesday in Coimbra. A win is vital for Portugal to keep in touch with the leaders in their group.

Another Wednesday European Championship qualifier involves Michael Ballack. The German international captain will be in Cyprus. A win will take the Germans top.

José's fans outburst

José Mourinho has questioned just one Chelsea performance over the last two games — the fans! In his Chelsea TV post-match interview, which you can see tonight, he lays his feelings on the line.

‘Let’s start with a song I heard in two consecutive matches at home. “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!”

‘Aston Villa fans: “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!” Watford fans: “Four-nil, and you still don’t sing!”

‘Why you “don’t sing”?!’

It’s true that the atmosphere generated at home games since Barcelona has been less than average. Maybe there’s been a reaction off the pitch if not on it.

But the long-running debate over home atmosphere needs putting in perspective. Until the redevelopment to an all-seater Stamford Bridge, the ground was rarely full, the old dog track meant that sound disappeared into thin air, and although in the maelstrom of the Shed the atmosphere may have been special in a way which is hard to measure up to now, around the ground overall it was worse than today. And that includes the 1960s and ‘70s as well as the smaller crowds of the ‘80s.

What there was in those days were more original songs and chants and, particularly in the 1980s, more diehard fans travelling away. The game has become more gentrified, more corporate, more expensive — but it’s also become more popular. We’re averaging higher gates with a smaller capacity.

And, almost by definition, the larger the average crowd the smaller percentage of them will be hardcore. When there were gates of 10,000 and less all too often in the early 1980s, you could bet almost everyone was hardcore. But there’s no way we want to return to those days.

The biggest difference now to many eras of the past is that we’re the biggest attraction to opposition. Opposing home fans set their top standards against us when we are away, and set their top away standards at Stamford Bridge — like Villa and Watford did.

Chelsea fans showed what we could do against Barcelona. That was as good an atmosphere as can be generated anywhere in the world.

We could not have built this 50 home League games undefeated run without good support. But José is right, it has been below par in the last two sold out matches.

High expectations may have dimmed out noise at times. Last season, for the first time since the 1960s, the Old Trafford crowd performed outstandingly against us. Manchester United had become the underdogs. Expect that again in two weeks.

Before then, we host West Ham. We’ve had our pep talk from our manager. We’d better respond.

Carling Cup date announced

The date for the Carling Cup quarter-final tie away at Newcastle United has been set for Wednesday 20 December — kick-off 7.45pm.

The match at St James’ Park will be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Archived