Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Hats off to the Chelsea fans on here who made the point, when the draw was made, that getting a supposedly "easy" team, like PSG, was sometimes more tricky than getting a "big" team, like Bayern, because at least with the big team, you kind of know what to expect.

A point I agreed with and echoed on another thread, only to be shot down with a "how dare you suggest we are afraid" type retort that completely got the wrong end of the stick.

And here we are now, with some unexpected results, I think we'd all agree.

Still, it is only half time so to speak, and I think with Chelsea playing at home for the second leg, it is perfectly doable, and I fancy your chances more than United's. But you are certainly going to need to wake up a bit.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think Mourinho has been pretty successful in plastering some of Chelsea's cracks so far, but the bottom line is that they are a team with deficits that get exploited at times. Outside of a few decent goals from Eto'o their strikers have essentially offered nothing this season. The defenders look weary and burdened. And, let's not forget, PSG is a very talented group.

Not saying they can't turn it over, and If Ibra is out that certainly won't hurt their cause.

Doesn't say much for the state of the premier league that Mourinho's plastering cracks to a side that has to be the second or most expensively put together in the league and second favourite to win the title.

Jesus Carmine....Bitter Bitter Bitter right to the very end.

Change the record Keith. Get over your petty insecurities because theres nothing bitter in that post.

I have long felt that despite the excitement it offers, we over rate the actual quality of the premier league and this is backed up by our very average showing in the champions league, and the Europa for that matter. I doubt very much if i am the only one holding this opinion either.

Now, back to that loathsome egotistical prat of a manager of yours, i think its actually quite unprofessional to knock your players in public. Criticism imv stays in the dressing room. just my opinion and i'm entitled to have one i believe.

I also think its unprofessional to run up behind asst coached and eye gouge them, a nasty cowardly action that speaks volumes about the man and sits perfectly with his recent disgraceful goading of Arsene Wenger, who as much as any manager in the league, deserves his respect. Call it psychology if you like but Jose always manages to add that nasty classless tone to it.

But what should we expect of a prize plonker gives himself a nickname!! Ask Paul Ince. Others give you a nickname that you deserve and have earnt.

Jose's been rather lucky actually in so much as his fawning tabloid pals seem to refuse to blame the jockey even though the little horse isn't performing.

Edited by carmine

Change the record Keith. Get over your petty insecurities because theres nothing bitter in that post.

I have long felt that despite the excitement it offers, we over rate the actual quality of the premier league and this is backed up by our very average showing in the champions league, and the Europa for that matter. I doubt very much if i am the only one holding this opinion either.

Now, back to that loathsome egotistical prat of a manager of yours, i think its actually quite unprofessional to knock your players in public. Criticism imv stays in the dressing room. just my opinion and i'm entitled to have one i believe.

I also think its unprofessional to run up behind asst coached and eye gouge them, a nasty cowardly action that speaks volumes about the man and sits perfectly with his recent disgraceful goading of Arsene Wenger, who as much as any manager in the league, deserves his respect. Call it psychology if you like but Jose always manages to add that nasty classless tone to it.

But what should we expect of a prize plonker gives himself a nickname!! Ask Paul Ince. Others give you a nickname that you deserve and have earnt.

Jose's been rather lucky actually in so much as his fawning tabloid pals seem to refuse to blame the jockey even though the little horse isn't performing.

And this

Jose Mourinho is expected to escape censure from the Football Association despite telling a ballboy at Selhurst Park on Saturday he could be “punched” if he continued to delay returning the ball

gets more like old red nose every day !

• Like 2

Nauseating. That a word for some of you Jose critics. The same old cr4p over and over again.

Did Jose give himself the nickname? No. He said he was A SPECIAL ONE for taking Porto to CL winners. Something few should doubt or is taking an underdog to champions an easy task???

The nickname was given to him.

Is Jose getting flack over the recent games? Er, yes. Look at any reputatable website (sky, been) and you will see it.

As for classless. Well I also give that label to the uneducated that like to use that word for in abundance to describe someone. Classless, world class, if fact any use of the word class usually comes from the Talksport ilk.

I wonder how Chelsea will <deleted> this weekend?? :-)

• Like 1

Nauseating. That a word for some of you Jose critics. The same old cr4p over and over again.

Did Jose give himself the nickname? No. He said he was A SPECIAL ONE for taking Porto to CL winners. Something few should doubt or is taking an underdog to champions an easy task???

Is Jose getting flack over the recent games? Er, yes. Look at any reputatable website (sky, been) and you will see it.

As for classless. Well I also give that label to the uneducated that like to use that word for in abundance to describe someone. Classless, world class, if fact any use of the word class usually comes from the Talksport ilk.

You forgot to defend the eye gouge incidentwink.png

I also think you will agree that Wenger dealt with Jose's tasteless sniping with a lot of dignity.

Yes, i will hold my hands up and admit i find him a thoroughly horrid individual but it does nonetheless amuse me the way you are so prepared to defend his every indiscretion!

Anyway, moving on, tall order against PSG but with that away goal you are in with a shout and if Zlatan's out that will be a considerable burden off the shoulders of the likes of John Terry.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I also think you will agree that Wenger dealt with Jose's tasteless sniping with a lot of dignity.

Yes, i will hold my hands up and admit i find him a thoroughly horrid individual but it does nonetheless amuse me the way you are so prepared to defend his every indiscretion!

Anyway, moving on, tall order against PSG but with that away goal you are in with a shout and if Zlatan's out that will be a considerable burden off the shoulders of the likes of John Terry.

Like he did when You called him a French ponse and stuff, carmine.

biggrin.png

No, I don't defend the indefensible. Truly horrid incident which he should have had the book thrown at him, but slating someone for being given a nickname is daft. Otherwise I would slate you for being a 'handsome man' ;-)

Like he did when You called him a French ponse and stuff, carmine.

biggrin.png

Well i don't think football managers should attend matches wearing sleeping bags and plimsoles and he is a french ponce. But, when discussing his managerial abilities i have always been respectful of his achievements.

• Like 1

MJJ, do you surf the internet trying to find anything nice about Jose?

Last time i believe it was Jose the great philanthropist.

Could we have something lovely about John Terry, captain, leader, legend next please. He's the greatest and a top top bloke.

Jose Mourinho Football Manager:

BBC Sport.com

• " Ibrahimovic played under Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at Inter and wrote in his autobiography that he was "basically willing to die for" the Portuguese during his time at San Siro."

wai2.gif

Jose Mourinho Football Manager:

BBC Sport.com

• " Ibrahimovic played under Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho at Inter and wrote in his autobiography that he was "basically willing to die for" the Portuguese during his time at San Siro."

wai2.gif

Yes and what a thoroughly ridiculous thing to say that wasbiggrin.png

Note to young Zlatan; you are not climbing out of a trench at the Somme, following Jose to charge down a German machine gun. You play a softie game called football and are pain millions to do it. Don't be a prat.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Bill Shankly might disagree carmine but I get your drift.

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

I also get Ibrahimovich's drift.

thumbsup.gif

Mourinho never played netball at the San Siro.

w00t.gif

Jose building a new team for next year....and without spending too much!. One problem for the Chelski fans though.....Torres is still in itbiggrin.png

Great voice-over. thumbsup.gif

Any other manager in the EPL able to do that?

Gravitas mate. Gravitas.biggrin.png

Doesn't say much for the state of the premier league that Mourinho's plastering cracks to a side that has to be the second or most expensively put together in the league and second favourite to win the title.

Petty insecurities??...Look in the Mirror ..... It,s always Money Money Money with you mate and nothing else,you just have to have that little dig.dont ya!

• Like 1

We have an important game tomorrow Mr Simmonds.

thumbsup.gif

and Mourinho still has work to do to make us truly competitive at the HIGHEST LEVEL.

We do our best this time round and enter the race proper next season.

biggrin.png

Edited by P45Mustang

We have an important game tomorrow Mr Simmonds.

thumbsup.gif

and Mourinho still has work to do to make us truly competitive at the HIGHEST LEVEL.

We do our best this time round and enter the race proper next season.

biggrin.png

Tuesday,s game will be a lot easier than tomorrows facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Petty insecurities??...Look in the Mirror ..... It,s always Money Money Money with you mate and nothing else,you just have to have that little dig.dont ya!

Well you're the one keeps bringing up the money, not me!! i haven't mentioned money in ages. Only you have.

Mindyou, it is about the money with Chelsea, you are right. Just a plaything for Roman to pump millions in to buy silverware and massage his ego. But everyone knows this so lets move on.

Keith, what are you thoughts on Mourinho complaining about a lack of strike power. Don't you think this problem was largely of his own making? Not recalling Lukaku stands out for example.

Secondly, do you think the time has arrived when Courtois should also be recalled to replace Cech?

Edited by carmine