Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A has been correctly said already, Mourinho continues to pick hopelessly out of form players and in doing so creates easy targets for opposition managers.

What on earth is he trying to prove? The post match whining is a bore and further example of him losing touch with reality.

Indeed, but Mo was right about the Falcao penalty. Goalie goes down way too early and misses the ball completely. Falcao sees his opportunity and goes down. Yes you can argue dive if your a purist, but 9.5 times out of 10 refs give penalties for those these days. Dives these days are reserved for no-contact or unnaturally contorted attempts to get your leg under the opponent.

His charge that refs are targeting Chelsea is only in his tortured mind.

The fact that his team can't get over bad reffing decisions and contains a static clown like Ivanovic and seemingly no leaders is the problem, not biased reffing. FA will no doubt throw the book at him for that comment.

10 points differential could still be caught up with the good players Chelsea have in their squad (and certainly top 4 seeing how inconsistently everyone has been playing), but seemingly not with Mourinho at the helm. Abram needs to accept Mo's challenge to get his cheque book out. Fer gawd's sake you could have a Mr personality without the bollux, Roman - the job is made for Klippety, who would jump at the chance of it over the upcoming Liverpool position. London plus stars plus money.

Edited by SantiSuk

What makes me laugh is that all the television armchair judges, most of them English, ex players and desperately, desperately dense, to a man were jumping up and down with glee that Terry was back in the team and that would solve our defensive problems. Lazy minded, know nothing talking fish.

Mourinho's got an agenda here. The talk about not running away and staying to see it out was a direct challenge to Abramovich. If you sack me, you've got to pay up and I think he DOES want out. His cynical substitution of Matic, who had joined the fray at the beginning of the second half, was the absolute pits for me. There were far worse piles of filth wandering around the pitch that should have been removed, but no, he decided to make a spectacle of the one player who consistently gives his all, even if he is out of form. It was also designed to further erode the confidence of the rest of the team. The man is a disgrace to his profession.

And he committed the cardinal sin of slagging off Matic in the post match interview.

Silly boy, THAT is how you lose the dressing room.

Edited by Chicog

Mourinho's got an agenda here. The talk about not running away and staying to see it out was a direct challenge to Abramovich. If you sack me, you've got to pay up and I think he DOES want out. His cynical substitution of Matic, who had joined the fray at the beginning of the second half, was the absolute pits for me. There were far worse piles of filth wandering around the pitch that should have been removed, but no, he decided to make a spectacle of the one player who consistently gives his all, even if he is out of form. It was also designed to further erode the confidence of the rest of the team. The man is a disgrace to his profession.

I was thinking that as well. The pay off for getting sacked vs. none if you resign. Looks like he's getting restless again.

On 7 August 2015, Mourinho signed a new four-year contract with Chelsea, keeping him at Stamford Bridge until 2019 which presumably has a lucrative termination clause written in.

Edited by katana

I'd definitely prefer Remy against Newcastle. Falcou was very poor against Walsall mid week. He had plenty of chances but struggles to even hit the target. No confidence what so ever

It appears this new poster has gone Awol already, shock horror biggrin.png

• Like 1

I was thinking that as well. The pay off for getting sacked vs. none if you resign. Looks like he's getting restless again.

On 7 August 2015, Mourinho signed a new four-year contract with Chelsea, keeping him at Stamford Bridge until 2019 which presumably has a lucrative termination clause written in.

who is the last manager you can name who resigned though? it's mental talk. no man is going to give up several million pounds that the club itself put in his contract. it's just never going to happen.

haven't seen the post-match interview, just about to watch MOTD. but it really does sound like he's lost the plot completely.

His MoTD interview is more concise than his 7min6sec SkySports interview that consisted of one question by the reporterblink.png .Check Youtube.

yeah just seen it mate, the full interview is cringeworthy stuff.

he's clearly feeling the pressure. but then chelsea have had the worst start to a league season in their twelve year history.

• Like 2

I'd definitely prefer Remy against Newcastle. Falcou was very poor against Walsall mid week. He had plenty of chances but struggles to even hit the target. No confidence what so ever

It appears this new poster has gone Awol already, shock horror biggrin.png

No I'm just in shock at yesterday's performance and the fact that I had to face the embarrassment of watching Chelsea fall apart and lose badly in a pub in Southampton with hundreds of Saints fans.

Was I wrong about Falcou? He was dog do do again yesterday. Ok they aren't providing much for him but he creates nothing by himself.

I'm still here! Just all gone a bit quiet coz there ain't much to shout about

• Like 2

who is the last manager you can name who resigned though? it's mental talk. no man is going to give up several million pounds that the club itself put in his contract. it's just never going to happen.

Managers resigning are indeed a rare breed. By "Mutual consent" is the latest trend but I think Harry Redknapp was the last one to actually resign at QPR last year

Dick Advocaat 5 mins ago biggrin.png

Dick Advocaat........... just now!!tongue.png

Advocaaat, a man of principle v an odious little ego maniac who declares himself the greatest manager available.

Just watched his whining, post match, press conference where once again it was the refs fault for not giving them a penalty.

Obviously didnt see Ivanovic trying to remove a Southampton players shirt in the box.

Southhampton simply steamrolled Chelsea and judging by the early exit of "fans" the Russian may well have his finger on the trigger.

Dr Eva hasn't gone away either following a week kneed response from the FA.

• Like 2

Unfortunately i can,t find too many positives to say about yesterdays performance....i thought Dave worked hard,and probably tried to do too much,all the rest Wilians free kick apart were pretty thuckking average to say least......can,t keep blaming Ivanovich or Fabreghast (who were both shitt again) as they shouldn,t even be on the pitch.

I almost welcomed the defeat hoping it will bring about a change,but i think "THE STUBBORN ONE" is exactly that,and won,t change anything. Mourniho has to sort this out...it,s his mess and the buck stops with him.

• Like 1

KS

Agree Keith

Not just those 2 though. Watch the third goal. Bad pass from Hazard to Fabregas intercepted and saints break and Pelle scores. You would expect Hazard, due to his guilt in losing possession, to sprint back and defend but no, half way back he gives up and just jogs.

Something is fundamentally wrong within the squad. That's not how they "played for the team" for most of last season. I love Jose but he has got massive problems with motivation and confidence within the team.

When the Saints second goal goes in watch the heads drop.

I've no idea what the solution is but I believe Jose is still the one to work it out

KS

Agree Keith

Not just those 2 though. Watch the third goal. Bad pass from Hazard to Fabregas intercepted and saints break and Pelle scores. You would expect Hazard, due to his guilt in losing possession, to sprint back and defend but no, half way back he gives up and just jogs.

Something is fundamentally wrong within the squad. That's not how they "played for the team" for most of last season. I love Jose but he has got massive problems with motivation and confidence within the team.

When the Saints second goal goes in watch the heads drop.

I've no idea what the solution is but I believe Jose is still the one to work it out

Managers are normally the last people on my list of blame, mate, but Mourinho is definitely the architect of this mess now. There is no sense at all in consistently picking two players who have been utter toilet from the first game. Give them two or three matches to regain their form but not eight in a row! The Carniero incident was entirely his fault. His constant barracking of her was a shocking indictment of how low this man can descend. The pre season schedule was a joke as well. They came back looking like they'd been out on the piss all night.

• Like 1

Right, judging by the statement from the club, it looks like we're stuck with Mourinho for the foreseeable future. At the last international break, we all hoped that he would take the time to reflect on the start to the season, analyse certain players performances and act decisively. He didn't of course. He's got another chance to change his strategy now. I would rather he put out a team of youngsters for our next game, than the stale old has beens he's stood by these last weeks.

• Like 1

Like i said in my earlier post, he's just signed a new contract in August.

Abramovich would look a right fool to have sacked him 2 months later!

There's also the huge pay-off he would have to suffer on top of all that,

Like him or loath him, i think your stuck with him for at least 1 or 2 seasons. biggrin.png

Like i said in my earlier post, he's just signed a new contract in August.

Abramovich would look a right fool to have sacked him 2 months later!

There's also the huge pay-off he would have to suffer on top of all that,

Like him or loath him, i think your stuck with him for at least 1 or 2 seasons. biggrin.png

Like i said....Money Contract has thuck -all to do with it...............we have spunked over 200 mil on piles of <deleted> before. Abramovich doesn't care about looks,he puts his money rightly or wrongly where his mouth is..........and if someones gotta go then they go.

What came out yesterday in that brief statement was the key phrase...................we/he has the... SQUAD. Now get on with and use the Squad and stop picking................dead beats.

maybe recall some of the 300 players you've got out on loan?

to be honest though, i'm surprised that given the proven quality in the squad it's underperforming so much. there's still loads of good player in it - but probably should have strengthened your first XI in the summer from a position of strength having just won the title.

maybe recall some of the 300 players you've got out on loan?

to be honest though, i'm surprised that given the proven quality in the squad it's underperforming so much. there's still loads of good player in it - but probably should have strengthened your first XI in the summer from a position of strength having just won the title.

Mabe off load some of '300' players we have on loan in the next transfer window, something we should have done in the last one. Here's a question for you Stevie, and this doesn't necessarily mean just Chelsea. How many of the scores of players, who get shifted out to another club here or abroad, actually return as the finished article and are shoe ins to take their place in the first team? A few isolated cases but not that many I reckon. Matic had to be sold before returning from Benfica to become the player he is.

What is the point of keeping experienced, established players on loan like Moses, Marin and Cuadrado when you have a manager like Mourinho who steadfastly refuses to integrate fringe players into the team, except for non event cup competitions? As I've said before, Felipe Luis didn't waste any time hanging around when he knew Mourinho's thinking.

As far as strengthening the squad is concerned, no doubt we should have added some quality players earlier, as we did the previous summer, especially when United and City were making their intentions known, instead of rushing around like blue arsed flies at the death.

i'd overhaul the loan system entirely OG, it's too open to abuse. for example chelsea have several players out on load and in premier league first teams who are not allowed to play against chelsea as part of their loan agreement - but they are allowed to play against chelsea's rivals and can hurt them. it skews the goalposts imo. i think you should be limited to a squad of 25 or something and maybe 5 out on loan. chelsea currently have 30 out there, liverpool have 14 or something so it isn't just your lot.

i'd overhaul the loan system entirely OG, it's too open to abuse. for example chelsea have several players out on load and in premier league first teams who are not allowed to play against chelsea as part of their loan agreement - but they are allowed to play against chelsea's rivals and can hurt them. it skews the goalposts imo. i think you should be limited to a squad of 25 or something and maybe 5 out on loan. chelsea currently have 30 out there, liverpool have 14 or something so it isn't just your lot.

19 apparently wink.png

An age limit on the players you want to loan out could be a step in the right direction. Maybe up to the age of 20. Any others will have to stay at the club and fight for their place or get sold on. Michael Owen was on a television discussion programme, where he said that there was a massive gulf between the under 21 development league and the Premier League primarily because clubs and the FA don't take it seriously enough, treating it as a sort of kindergarten for young players with no incentive for these future stars to improve mentally and skillwise, hence the popularity of the loan system. He was advocating a return to the old reserve football league where you get players of all ages participating. I don't think he's wrong as I think youngsters are wrapped in cotton wool too much nowadays.

• Like 1