Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Zouma definitely starts tonight, expect Loftus Cheek to start  as well and hopefully ...Solanke to get some game time. Both Kennedy and Charlie Musonda are back training with squad, but unlikely to play or get a run out tonight as that would scupper (make ilegal) any future loan deals in this window. I like Ake.

• Like 2

Well lads, it's now odds on that we'll be getting a brand new 60,000 seater stadium on the existing site, after planning permission was granted by the local council, work to be commenced within three years.  It's been designed by the same architects that gave us the Bird's Nest no less .. It does look the b****cks, I must admit, although it seems a hell of a lot of work and money just to gain another 18,000 spectators.

A few other hurdles have to be negotiated including the final nod from the Mayor (  not a  formality as he has unhappy memories of visiting Stamford Bridge ), the Chelsea Pitch Owners Assoc. who's main gripe that the new stadium must be within the existing ground area, has been satisfied plus, I suspect National Heritage. Listed Building consent should have already be obtained for demolishing the listed parts of the stadium and surrounding structures. The main stumbling block would have been the local residents and their fears of increasing marauding hordes stampeding down the Fulham Road from Fulham Broadway Station so, the proposed construction of an overhead walkway directly leading to the ground from the underground station, was a clincher. It's going to cost 500 million quid of Abramovich's hard earned, although Buddha knows what the price of a season ticket will be when we move in.

The plan is to dig down below ground level, to increase the ground capacity, which means that the pitch will also be below the level it is now.

The question now is where do we go when the redevelopment is taking place? Wembley has been talked about, especially that Tottenham won't be there after 2018. Twickenham is another option although the toffee nosed rugger types will say they won't want their sacred ground soiled by those football hooligans, even though they've allowed countless concerts, with screaming fans pissing everywhere at the place and have a contract with the NFL to rip up the turf. Some idiot mooted a ground share with yer 'Ammers but he was quickly whisked off to the funny farm. Unfortunately, Craven Cottage would have been ideal but it has a ground capacity of 27,500.

• Like 1

Costa is an idiot. By putting money over ambition, he's forfeited any chance of playing in the Champions League again. I hope he pisses off to China and into obscurity, although Abramovich won't let that happen in this window. I suspect you'll get all the claptrap about 'misunderstandings' and 'heat of the moment' and calm will be restored for this season at least.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldgit said:

Costa is an idiot. By putting money over ambition, he's forfeited any chance of playing in the Champions League again. I hope he pisses off to China and into obscurity, although Abramovich won't let that happen in this window. I suspect you'll get all the claptrap about 'misunderstandings' and 'heat of the moment' and calm will be restored for this season at least.

there's money and there's money for a few quid i make you right , but we're talking circa  100,000,000  yep a hundred million pounds, you   cant seriousely blame a kid thats certainly seen 1 st hand and could well have lived in poverty in brazil wanting that above medals, that in all probablity he's already got? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

there's money and there's money for a few quid i make you right , but we're talking circa  100,000,000  yep a hundred million pounds, you   cant seriousely blame a kid thats certainly seen 1 st hand and could well have lived in poverty in brazil wanting that above medals, that in all probablity he's already got? 

i think this probably needs another thread and a proper discussion. how much is enough? costa is already a multimillionaire. so is tevez. but i don't blame a 30 year old for taking the money and setting themselves and their kids up for life. none of us can imagine it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

i think this probably needs another thread and a proper discussion. how much is enough? costa is already a multimillionaire. so is tevez. but i don't blame a 30 year old for taking the money and setting themselves and their kids up for life. none of us can imagine it.

stevie there's NEVER been any. or v v little, loyalty in football, in the pro game it's always been about the £

always has and unfortunatly always will be.

in other cirles it's called 'transferance' ie when some one takes on or pass's on their own issues, which is what the majority of fans do when they slate players off for wanting to leave their chosen clubs, players dont share the same allegiance , players want succes but ultimatly they play for the pound note, most foriegn prem players could be more succesful in terms of medals in their own countries , but they up root families and go to foriegn shores, sure the footballs probably of a higherr standard and yeah they want to pit themselves at the top level but ultimatly its for the money.

• Like 1

that was a nice away Nude win , against a very   poor Leicester side,   in particular, as the sharks were circling around looking for blood in the water, after Spurs fine win

and the   Governor,s affair  not  helping at all, at least we know that the dressing room is intact,and appear to be  right behind Conte The Great One,in any formation  he chooses

a beautiful morning to all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

that was a nice away Nude win , against a very   poor Leicester side,   in particular, as the sharks were circling around looking for blood in the water, after Spurs fine win

and the   Governor,s affair  not  helping at all, at least we know that the dressing room is intact,and appear to be  right behind Conte The Great One,in any formation  he chooses

a beautiful morning to all

The trident of Pedro, Hazard and Willian looks to work very nicely. You seem to play very well without Mittens!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StevieH said:

Are you saying he can't set himself up for life by continuing to play in England.How much money do you actually need saying he is already a multi millionaire?

It hasnt been confirmed, a move to China, but any player, who is at the top of his game,  should wear a clown suit.The standard is League 1 at best.

at the chavs he'll earn circa 15 mil over 3 years, in china for the same period its reported he'll earn somewhere between 90 and a 100 mil. As far as i can see english football operates and lives v much by the finacial sword so  when it dies by a bigger sword , than has it really any grounds to moan? to me,, not,, others may feel diferently.

14 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

at the chavs he'll earn circa 15 mil over 3 years, in china for the same period its reported he'll earn somewhere between 90 and a 100 mil. As far as i can see english football operates and lives v much by the finacial sword so  when it dies by a bigger sword , than has it really any grounds to moan? to me,, not,, others may feel diferently.

Maybe these players disappearing to China, know something we don't know. Then again, while the Premier League continues to provide exciting football that feeds to the masses, I don't see Sky pulling out in the near future. Here's a few questions, equals one, if it was all about the money, why do goalscorers punch the air, going leaping into the crowd, get swamped by team mates? Goalkeepers make important saves and 'high five' anybody within proximity and substituted players 'throw a strop', as Sanchez did on Saturday? After all, it's all part of the job isn't it?  They still get their doe at the end of the week so why the histrionics?

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Maybe these players disappearing to China, know something we don't know. Then again, while the Premier League continues to provide exciting football that feeds to the masses, I don't see Sky pulling out in the near future. Here's a few questions, equals one, if it was all about the money, why do goalscorers punch the air, going leaping into the crowd, get swamped by team mates? Goalkeepers make important saves and 'high five' anybody within proximity and substituted players 'throw a strop', as Sanchez did on Saturday? After all, it's all part of the job isn't it?  They still get their doe at the end of the week so why the histrionics?

I don't really see how  players going or wanting to go to China is related to players wanting to be winners !

Edited by alfieconn

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

and they wont   punch the air if they score in china just like i wouldnt  if i scored in my park kic around, it's about the game, but ultimatly the final decision/game changer  for them is  money, the club either want it or the player can get more  same as greaves left u for italy, costa left spain for and henry stayed at the arsenal for a few extra years. not much ever changes just a few zeros's gets added

5 hours ago, alfieconn said:

I don't really see how  players going or wanting to go to China is related to players wanting to be winners !

That's not the topic of discussion. The assertion was made that players are only in it for the money. My point is, they are already pulling in untold money so are already 'winners' so why do they give the impression that they 'care' if they're not supposed to? No comparison can be made to the lads, battling out on the common, as they don't get paid and do it purely for the love of the game.  

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

and they wont   punch the air if they score in china just like i wouldnt  if i scored in my park kic around, it's about the game, but ultimatly the final decision/game changer  for them is  money, the club either want it or the player can get more  same as greaves left u for italy, costa left spain for and henry stayed at the arsenal for a few extra years. not much ever changes just a few zeros's gets added

As Costa plants his third goal into the bottom corner past static defending, you might get a limp wristed wave from him but his oversized ego, his desire to be the best, would have been laid to rest the moment he stepped on the plane. I reckon he'll be bored witless out there.

38 minutes ago, oldgit said:

As Costa plants his third goal into the bottom corner past static defending, you might get a limp wristed wave from him but his oversized ego, his desire to be the best, would have been laid to rest the moment he stepped on the plane. I reckon he'll be bored witless out there.

i'de say there were 75 ish  million reasons making you wrong.

On 1/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, oldgit said:

Well lads, it's now odds on that we'll be getting a brand new 60,000 seater stadium on the existing site, after planning permission was granted by the local council, work to be commenced within three years.  It's been designed by the same architects that gave us the Bird's Nest no less .. It does look the b****cks, I must admit, although it seems a hell of a lot of work and money just to gain another 18,000 spectators.

A few other hurdles have to be negotiated including the final nod from the Mayor (  not a  formality as he has unhappy memories of visiting Stamford Bridge ), the Chelsea Pitch Owners Assoc. who's main gripe that the new stadium must be within the existing ground area, has been satisfied plus, I suspect National Heritage. Listed Building consent should have already be obtained for demolishing the listed parts of the stadium and surrounding structures. The main stumbling block would have been the local residents and their fears of increasing marauding hordes stampeding down the Fulham Road from Fulham Broadway Station so, the proposed construction of an overhead walkway directly leading to the ground from the underground station, was a clincher. It's going to cost 500 million quid of Abramovich's hard earned, although Buddha knows what the price of a season ticket will be when we move in.

The plan is to dig down below ground level, to increase the ground capacity, which means that the pitch will also be below the level it is now.

The question now is where do we go when the redevelopment is taking place? Wembley has been talked about, especially that Tottenham won't be there after 2018. Twickenham is another option although the toffee nosed rugger types will say they won't want their sacred ground soiled by those football hooligans, even though they've allowed countless concerts, with screaming fans pissing everywhere at the place and have a contract with the NFL to rip up the turf. Some idiot mooted a ground share with yer 'Ammers but he was quickly whisked off to the funny farm. Unfortunately, Craven Cottage would have been ideal but it has a ground capacity of 27,500.

Apparently RFU chief Ian Ritchie has Twickenham will not be an option so i would presume you will be following us into Wembley.