Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Three points in the end,but made hard work out of it.  after the Foxes scored their penalty

new players are looking up to scratch, so the T/F window,  may  be not have been  a bad one .after all:smile:

a lovely morning to all

Good to see you're a bit more enthusiastic after that. I listened to the game last night and will be watching a re-run of the game later. A lovely morning to you, too.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Good to see you're a bit more enthusiastic after that. I listened to the game last night and will be watching a re-run of the game later. A lovely morning to you, too.

We should have pissed up, but a poor finish or final ball, made it a more difficult afternoon than it should have been. Our defence looked solid and Kante and Bakayoko worked well together but, some players got a bit 'gung ho' towards the end when we should have been keeping possession. I thought Hazard looked lethargic when he came on. He'll need another couple of games to get back to his impish best.

I have previously been defensive of Chelsea to sing about Tottenham

y*ds , always defended it as being football banter and not religiously offensive . Back in the day when it was terrace songs that no one outside football too any notice of . When football was localised , North London v SW London , just local banter . 
Football is on a World scale these days and many will not understand local banter .
It must be embarrassing for Morata (and the Club as a whole) for the fans to sing that he "hates fukkin y*ds"
The Willian song is a well written song with some relevance to facts , the Morata song is just plain stupid .
Time to drop the word

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 4:05 AM, oldgit said:

We should have pissed up, but a poor finish or final ball, made it a more difficult afternoon than it should have been. Our defence looked solid and Kante and Bakayoko worked well together but, some players got a bit 'gung ho' towards the end when we should have been keeping possession. I thought Hazard looked lethargic when he came on. He'll need another couple of games to get back to his impish best.

Your right Og It did get a bit sloppy towards the end....but a good result never the less. Got me ticket for the carrier-bag game tomorrow and I find it difficult to see how Cahill gets back in the side...unless we play 4 at the back and I can't see that happening. More than happy with the squad we have now got, its much stronger than last year imo.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2017 at 10:05 AM, oldgit said:

I thought Hazard looked lethargic when he came on. He'll need another couple of games to get back to his impish best.

Well what do you expect from a player who is not as good ass Mo Salah?

(or that's what wife-beater Collymore said. No, really, he did!).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Time for rottenham to drop it, too. Deal with the root cause, as long as they refer to themselves as yid army they will be giving others an excuse.

It would be a good idea to take the time to understand why Spurs fans use the term.  Currently you don't.  If you did you would understand theres no excuse for the bile emanating from your supporters.

Don't remember that guy doing anything wrong on the Paris metro either but he still got it too didn't he.....or was he giving them an excuse too?

In summary, don't bother defending racist, anti semitic scum.  After all, its not like Chelsea fans don'[t have enough to talk about with the football being played.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, carmine said:

It would be a good idea to take the time to understand why Spurs fans use the term.  Currently you don't.  If you did you would understand theres no excuse for the bile emanating from your supporters.

Don't remember that guy doing anything wrong on the Paris metro either but he still got it too didn't he.....or was he giving them an excuse too?

In summary, don't bother defending racist, anti semitic scum.  After all, its not like Chelsea fans don'[t have enough to talk about with the football being played.  

You need to brush up on your reading and/or comprehension skills. At no point did I defend use of the word, so get off your high horse.

2 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Time for rottenham to drop it, too. Deal with the root cause, as long as they refer to themselves as yid army they will be giving others an excuse.

The abuse came first, they then took the name on and used it as a term of self endearment.

But it doesnt matter whether they use the term or not, if Chelsea fans use it, the media will be all over it and it will just cause more problems

13 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

You need to brush up on your reading and/or comprehension skills. At no point did I defend use of the word, so get off your high horse.

I'm not on my high horse lad, and i clearly seem to be far more aware of the horrid chanting thats gone on for years so when you suggest that Spurs fans are offering an excuse i feel the need to reply to your ill informed statement.  Thats all.

Hopefully if it continues you'll get points deducted which should have happened long ago.  Now lets end the discussion shall we.

5 minutes ago, carmine said:

I'm not on my high horse lad, and i clearly seem to be far more aware of the horrid chanting thats gone on for years so when you suggest that Spurs fans are offering an excuse i feel the need to reply to your ill informed statement.  Thats all.

Hopefully if it continues you'll get points deducted which should have happened long ago.  Now lets end the discussion shall we.

"lad"? High horse indeed.

And who the hell do you think you are to decide when a discussion is ended. High horse indeed.

Child on a high horse.

Nothing ill informed about it from my side, you are part of the problem as you have clearly demonstrated that you refuse to be part of the solution.

And I've seen plenty of disgusting behaviour from your lot over the years, too.

51 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

"lad"? High horse indeed.

And who the hell do you think you are to decide when a discussion is ended. High horse indeed.

Child on a high horse.

Nothing ill informed about it from my side, you are part of the problem as you have clearly demonstrated that you refuse to be part of the solution.

And I've seen plenty of disgusting behaviour from your lot over the years, too.

I have decided, its over.  Run along.

A decent performance from us against a small team that, at times, played some good football. When the chances came our way, we took them. I don't think Qarabag are total dollop (although their defence is!) and will cause problems offensively for the 'bigger teams', especially with the home crowd behind them, back in Azerbaijan.

The confidence is high now throughout the squad, with the players coming in fully prepared to do a job.   

4 hours ago, oldgit said:

A decent performance from us against a small team that, at times, played some good football. When the chances came our way, we took them. I don't think Qarabag are total dollop (although their defence is!) and will cause problems offensively for the 'bigger teams', especially with the home crowd behind them, back in Azerbaijan.

The confidence is high now throughout the squad, with the players coming in fully prepared to do a job.   

Well put. Just watched a re-run of the game and would agree with all of that. The commentary team (Clive Walker and Ben Andrews) had obviously done their homework and said just after half time that Qarabag were not doing themselves justice according to what they had previously seen.

Great start from Zappacosta (how many of us had heard of him before he signed?) and a strong cameo from Rudiger, putting in a couple of strong. perfectly timed tackles shortly after coming on. Confidence is high, as you say and along with it there seems to be a renewed "team" ethic being created, a couple of examples being Morata and Bakayoko joining in the third goal celebrations when warming up and Zappacosta's (non) reaction to being sold well short by a poor pass from Rudiger - Zappacosta didn't turn to look, glare, point or shout at Rudiger, he just carried on regardless.

Six goals with our £70m star striker sitting on the bench, four wins on the trot, players coming back from injuries, new men doing good things - what's not to enjoy?

Arsenal have a home game on Thursday, let's hope it's a tough one and they're knackered for Sunday!

36 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Well put. Just watched a re-run of the game and would agree with all of that. The commentary team (Clive Walker and Ben Andrews) had obviously done their homework and said just after half time that Qarabag were not doing themselves justice according to what they had previously seen.

Great start from Zappacosta (how many of us had heard of him before he signed?) and a strong cameo from Rudiger, putting in a couple of strong. perfectly timed tackles shortly after coming on. Confidence is high, as you say and along with it there seems to be a renewed "team" ethic being created, a couple of examples being Morata and Bakayoko joining in the third goal celebrations when warming up and Zappacosta's (non) reaction to being sold well short by a poor pass from Rudiger - Zappacosta didn't turn to look, glare, point or shout at Rudiger, he just carried on regardless.

Six goals with our £70m star striker sitting on the bench, four wins on the trot, players coming back from injuries, new men doing good things - what's not to enjoy?

Arsenal have a home game on Thursday, let's hope it's a tough one and they're knackered for Sunday!

Yes, and looking at Arsenal against Bournemouth (apart from Ake, their defence is shocking), I don't think they are out of the woods yet.

Interesting piece on Moratta here (IMHO).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/15/alvaro-morata-new-model-striker-chelsea-will-thrive-without/

Now another day to relax before the big game tomorrow, I can't see any of our rivals dropping points today but you just never know in this league. It's a shame the gooners had an easy stroll on Thursday but then again, so did we on Tuesday. Apart from Drinkwater we seem to have a full squad to pick from, it will be interesting to see who's in and who sits on the bench.

• Like 1

For much of the first half, Arsenal were in control of the midfield. They allowed Chelsea's defence possession in our own half but, as soon as the ball crossed the halfway line, they were all over us. Alonso was being forced into defensive mode by Bellerin's pace, Fabregas was reduced to rushing his passes which often went astray and Willian and Pedro were driven back by Ramsey and Co., which left Morata isolated. Moses was the only one that had any joy along the flanks. The second half was better because, instead of the slow, lethargic build up from the back previously, we injected a bit more pace into our play. However, when Hazard and Bakayoko came on, we were much more fluid in our play and, consequently, Alvaro had more support. I don't think Luiz can argue with the red card. Even if it had been a yellow, he would have been off. The good thing about the game was that Hazard is back to his best. He was taking on and beating players with ease.

The first three names on my teamsheet would always be Hazard, Kante and Bakayoko. They are three world class players who we are fortunate to have. Fabregas would only get on as an 'impact' substitute with me. He's OK with time and space but you rarely get that in the Premier League plus his dead ball attempts from corners and free kicks are shockingly bad.

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Looks like he could be starting a few more now!

Yeah, he'll get his gametime because of our congested fixture list. But, in the important games, I would have a back three of Azpilicueta, Christenson and Rudiger all day long, while Luiz is banned.