Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

As nasty a piece of work as he is, it seems Chelsea could be missing Costa. Morata is a fine footballer, but its hard to replace those creative runs that Costa was capable of (when he was motivated). Not to mention some of his goals created out of near nothing. Course he was wanting away and nothing to be done about that, but missing him all the same I reckon.

4 minutes ago, jellydog said:

As nasty a piece of work as he is, it seems Chelsea could be missing Costa. Morata is a fine footballer, but its hard to replace those creative runs that Costa was capable of (when he was motivated). Not to mention some of his goals created out of near nothing. Course he was wanting away and nothing to be done about that, but missing him all the same I reckon.

Now that Hazard is back, Morata will get the support that Costa enjoyed. Honestly JD, I was never a Costa disciple, even when he was banging them in due, no doubt in my mind, to Hazard, Pedro and Willian teeing him up. He looked too cumbersome, lacked acceleration and it always rankled me that there was someone else, somewhere better than him who we could snap up. I think Morata is that man.

27 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Now that Hazard is back, Morata will get the support that Costa enjoyed. Honestly JD, I was never a Costa disciple, even when he was banging them in due, no doubt in my mind, to Hazard, Pedro and Willian teeing him up. He looked too cumbersome, lacked acceleration and it always rankled me that there was someone else, somewhere better than him who we could snap up. I think Morata is that man.

You could be right OG, but I always thought Costa's "awkward" way of getting around the pitch tended to distract from his effectiveness. Add in a great eye for the goal, an ability to get off shots when least expected, as well as his poaching prowess.  Still my guess that Chelsea is going to miss all of that. That said, Morata should score a few.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, oldgit said:

O/G still laying your Doc Martens into the Governor, give us all a break , as for Morata,    E/S  is still in limbo, i have still have  nightmares with that show pony Torres,prefer  a Drog or  The Gov anyday to lead the line then a whippet,and those type of  steam roller players, were needed last nite,  against Arsenal, they just worry the shit out of defences,and goal would come from somewhere to sneak a win when the team has under performed etc etcsuch as last nite, feel that Conte got a few things wrong with his run on side, just for  openers Baka ,should have started ,but E/S gives him the benefit of the doubt as he is still tinkering and a congested program  is in place also  ,,as for your above description of The Gov , what a load of cods wallopp,, you and that other Galah  just hated  the Gov from day one as he did,nt  match your crazy whims of how a striker should perform in modern days of the EPL, the whippett strikers are over and out ,Lukelou of M/U IS another proving my point, even though i had reserved thoughts that he would hit the floor running, he certainly has done that so far

a nice morning to all

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, he'll get his gametime because of our congested fixture list. But, in the important games, I would have a back three of Azpilicueta, Christenson and Rudiger all day long, while Luiz is banned. 

I'd absolutely agree with you on that.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

O/G still laying your Doc Martens into the Governor, give us all a break , as for Morata,    E/S  is still in limbo, i have still have  nightmares with that show pony Torres,prefer  a Drog or  The Gov anyday to lead the line then a whippet,and those type of  steam roller players, were needed last nite,  against Arsenal, they just worry the shit out of defences,and goal would come from somewhere to sneak a win when the team has under performed etc etcsuch as last nite, feel that Conte got a few things wrong with his run on side, just for  openers Baka ,should have started ,but E/S gives him the benefit of the doubt as he is still tinkering and a congested program  is in place also  ,,as for your above description of The Gov , what a load of cods wallopp,, you and that other Galah  just hated  the Gov from day one as he did,nt  match your crazy whims of how a striker should perform in modern days of the EPL, the whippett strikers are over and out ,Lukelou of M/U IS another proving my point, even though i had reserved thoughts that he would hit the floor running, he certainly has done that so far

a nice morning to all

How did I know that Willy the Wombat would dive into this discussion?

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

a nice morning to all

This may have a good point(s) but for me it's almost unreadable. 

Ok I'll go with EPL and M/U but the rest of the abbreaviations!!

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

How did I know that Willy the Wombat would dive into this discussion?

call me what u like O/G, thats your opinion and you are entitled to it, and E/S thinks you post a lot of B/S on this thread,and you are Yesterday,s Hero

get up with it, old cobber,but Mission Impossible  is my call

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

This may have a good point(s) but for me it's almost unreadable. 

Ok I'll go with EPL and M/U but the rest of the abbreaviations!!

another grammer custodian,get lost

18 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yeah, he'll get his gametime because of our congested fixture list. But, in the important games, I would have a back three of Azpilicueta, Christenson and Rudiger all day long, while Luiz is banned. 

I would have Rudiger all day long over Cahill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Got a ticket for Wednesday and hopefully ..will be able watch a 1st start for Charly Musonda ...Clarke-salter might get a run out as well hopefully.

Enjoy it, hopefully no repeat of the time we went a goal up early on and one of my mates was larging it saying we'd get five. I said I'd settle for 1-0. Final score 1-6! Or indeed the 0-7 at their place.

On Musonda, have you seen this? Fantastic prospect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

Enjoy it, hopefully no repeat of the time we went a goal up early on and one of my mates was larging it saying we'd get five. I said I'd settle for 1-0. Final score 1-6! Or indeed the 0-7 at their place.

On Musonda, have you seen this? Fantastic prospect.

He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances. 

11 minutes ago, oldgit said:

He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances. 

To be fair, there's Spurs youngster's that also get continually mentioned by supporters that they should get more chances but it's the manager's / coaches who see them everyday in training / Academy games so if a manager doesn't play em there's obviously a reason, there's a hugh jump from academy football to Premier League which the average person doesn't seem to realize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

To be fair, there's Spurs youngster's that also get continually mentioned by supporters that they should get more chances but it's the manager's / coaches who see them everyday in training / Academy games so if a manager doesn't play em there's obviously a reason, there's a hugh jump from academy football to Premier League which the average person doesn't seem to realize.

True, but his managers and coaches picked him twenty four times in La Liga when he was on loan at Real Betis. But of course we can all think of far too many youth prospects who have fallen off the radar, sometimes its hard to fathom out how somebody with so much talent in their late teens just can't cut it, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Clifford who captained one of our FA Youth Cup winning sides and looked like going on to be "the next Lampard" but is now playing in Dundalk.

True, but his managers and coaches picked him twenty four times in La Liga when he was on loan at Real Betis. But of course we can all think of far too many youth prospects who have fallen off the radar, sometimes its hard to fathom out how somebody with so much talent in their late teens just can't cut it, for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Clifford who captained one of our FA Youth Cup winning sides and looked like going on to be "the next Lampard" but is now playing in Dundalk.

So your comparing a bottom six team in La Liga with Chelsea ?  

It's not hard to fathom because it's not just about Talent is it ? that's a just a  part of making a top class player !

Edited by alfieconn

38 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So your comparing a bottom six team in La Liga with Chelsea ?  

It's not hard to fathom because it's not just about Talent is it ? that's a just a  part of making a top class player !

For somebody with your obviously astronomically high IQ it shouldn't have been hard to realise the significance of the word "sometimes". Next time you see me using words that you don't understand just move along quietly.

47 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

For somebody with your obviously astronomically high IQ it shouldn't have been hard to realise the significance of the word "sometimes". Next time you see me using words that you don't understand just move along quietly.

Not "sometimes",  it's always pretty obvious !

Edited by alfieconn

43 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

That's your opinion. Although I'm sure you value it very highly, I'll stick with mine, thank you.

opinion.jpg

"if i wanted your opinion"   :cheesy::cheesy:    your the one who gave your opinion on my post you numpty :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

47 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

"if i wanted your opinion"   :cheesy::cheesy:    your the one who gave your opinion on my post you numpty :biggrin:

keithsimmonds said: hopefully ..will be able watch a 1st start for Charly Musonda
Blue Muton said: On Musonda, have you seen this? Fantastic prospect.
oldgit said: He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances.

....then you piped up with your "invaluable" opinion.

Suffering from short term memory loss are we?

keithsimmonds said: hopefully ..will be able watch a 1st start for Charly Musonda
Blue Muton said: On Musonda, have you seen this? Fantastic prospect.
oldgit said: He is and it's just annoying that he doesn't get more chances.

....then you piped up with your "invaluable" opinion.

Suffering from short term memory loss are we?

Oh yeah so you did, i wondered why you were so touchy about my comment :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

How is it that, whenever someone disagrees with your opinion and attempts to  put a different slant on things, you resort to ridicule, name calling and cynicism? Why can't you have a sensible and constructive discussion instead of trying to take the piss all the time? You and E/S are like two peas in a pod and, the only way to stop him in his tracks is to fight fire with fire unfortunately.