Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

Players are only worth the amount of what another club wants to pay .

If a Club sells a player and that player improves his game, then, his value will increase .

Swapping Luakaku and KDB  for Costa and Cesc was quite good business .

All very true.  They all improved dramatically after they'd left and returned to being the players you thought you'd bought.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2560 at 8:13 AM, Blue Muton said:

I thought my point would have sufficient clarity to negate any further explanation, however, as you seem to be struggling I'm happy to help you out.

The bigger picture (bigger than just "who left" or "who may or may not have felt aggrieved by Mourinho's words or actions") is the overall strength of the squad at the time and the success that the squad could / did achieve in terms of silverware,

As I previously reminded you, the sale of Lukaku facilitated the acquisition of Costa, who led the attack for us in two Premier League winning seasons.

Salah had no chance of dislodging Oscar or Willian given the form that they were in and the distinct lack of comparitive quality that he put on show at the time. Ditto for KDB, who, despite getting a break in the first team  at the start of the 2013/14 season, was so insipid that the club laid out £30 million on Willian, who again was instrumental in winning trophies and who was our standout player in the 2014/2015 season.

The decisions on who to ship out and who to bring in has, without question, brought results, which I appreciate is an alien concept for you lot from The Lane!

thks Blue Bat Muton, for a accurate detailed factual account  of Salah and  KDB  short tenures  at  C/sea  F.C.

the irony of your above post, is that a few members,  cannot grasp the true events(above) which led to their departures  to  European clubs who then  off loaded them back to the EPL  clubs  . my view is why are such members calling us churlish, trying to convince ourselves(Chelsea Boys)  of a massive mistake in selling those two players,ETC ETC  its clear as day ,  at the time,  and with the impending sucess, which immediately came our way, it was a very good decision made in all depts, including the two players who gained a nice kick on, in their playing careers because of  C/sea decision,and most importantly both players left C/sea  on the very best of terms,(to my knowledge)even with hindesight ,it is my view, we do not  need those two players right now, as we have as good,  and if not better players available to cover them very adequately and the future as well, a very tough one tonite  (C/L)keep my fingers crossed:smile:

43 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

thks Blue Bat Muton, for a accurate detailed factual account  of Salah and  KDB  short tenures  at  C/sea  F.C.

the irony of your above post, is that a few members,  cannot grasp the true events(above) which led to their departures  to  European clubs who then  off loaded them back to the EPL  clubs  . my view is why are such members calling us churlish, trying to convince ourselves(Chelsea Boys)  of a massive mistake in selling those two players,ETC ETC  its clear as day ,  at the time,  and with the impending sucess, which immediately came our way, it was a very good decision made in all depts, including the two players who gained a nice kick on, in their playing careers because of  C/sea decision,and most importantly both players left C/sea  on the very best of terms,(to my knowledge)even with hindesight ,it is my view, we do not  need those two players right now, as we have as good,  and if not better players available to cover them very adequately and the future as well, a very tough one tonite  (C/L)keep my fingers crossed:smile:

"Some" of you Chelsea lads have a very unique and quite astonishing take on the subject!!  

25 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

TROLL , you hoisted the white flag , with Blue Muton,s   post,  now just fluff off  and Troll elsewhere 

Hoisted what white flag? :smile: Haven't you gathered yet that he's just having a laugh?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Chelsea bought young players with potential and they didnt fulfill that potential at Chelsea and they got sold to Wolfsberg , Everton and Roma and making a 35 Million GBP profit in the process.

If Man city, Man U and Liverpool had faith in their potential , then why didnt they buy the players at the time Chelsea sold them ?

They are now 25/26/25 years old and just coming into their prime and it yet to be seen whether their form and improvement will continue .

Lukaku and Salah do not fit into Chelsea style of playing , with one up front and KDB would be competing with Hazard , Pedro and Cesc for the creative midfielder spot .

They were all surplus to requirements and Chelsea and Chelsea comply with the FFP rules , which means Chelsea sell players in order to buy others .

Taking into consideration that Chelsea went on to win the PL twice in three years without those players , letting those players go was a good decision 

another   true account of Salah /KDB   transfers etc etc where other  members have been posting a load of marlarky   calling  the C/sea boys (contribitors to this thread) being  churlish, and convincing ourselves    and so on,  and  so on ,  purely on a Whim basis

and i am sure they will not be the last players, who will experience the  same journey as Salah and KDB ,its just the nature of the beast, and any club can  do exactly the same ,( even with good  business intended,,)  which  can come back and bite them(so to speak)

again C/sea  played their cards that they were holding ,in the very best of interest of  all involved,:smile:  win some , lose some, is my call on the transfers deals  such as Salah/KDB,  a very nice  Wombat  late arvo to all

A nice comfortable evening's work by the team. Delighted to see Willian get a couple which should help his confidence, the first finishing off a sublime move. We're through but, Atletico winning against Roma means they'll be up for the fight against us at the Bridge, although a win is a must for them.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, oldgit said:

A nice comfortable evening's work by the team. Delighted to see Willian get a couple which should help his confidence, the first finishing off a sublime move. We're through but, Atletico winning against Roma means they'll be up for the fight against us at the Bridge, although a win is a must for them.

Delighted to see that Bakayoko didn,t get any game time....i think is going to be key on Saturday. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Delighted to see that Bakayoko didn,t get any game time....i think is going to be key on Saturday. 

I bet you were equally pleased that Christiansen was rested and especially happy that Moratta started on the bench.

A great result in terms of the score and certain players getting a rest, while those who were on the pitch benefited from playing most of the game with an extra man.

• Like 1

On the subject of bringing back memories, these two four-nil victories in the space of a few days reminded me of the time we beat Rottenham four nil in the cup at the weekend and followed that up with the same score in the PL a few days later. I was at both matches, happy days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue Muton said:

I bet you were equally pleased that Christiansen was rested and especially happy that Moratta started on the bench.

A great result in terms of the score and certain players getting a rest, while those who were on the pitch benefited from playing most of the game with an extra man.

Yeah Bm your right i was pleased....its a busy time for us what with Cl plus

League cup and epl games and rotation is key.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oldgit said:

For the Qarabag game, Conte reverted to the 3 -4 -3 ( or 3 -4 -2- 1) formation which was quite a gamble really as Qarabag had a 5 man midfield. I reckon he was thinking, before the game, that they would sit back and counter attack. Regarding Willian, I'm always a bit suspicious when a player, especially a seasoned professional like him, comes back to life all of a sudden. After doing nothing all season, he puts in a man of the match performance like that. Has he been told that he can leave in January? I think we can look forward to a 3 -5 -2 formation at Liverpool!

their sending off for  ZILCH , changed the game immediately for C/sea, ( no 5 man m/f )until then, they were if anything   ahead on points:smile:

Harzard The Destroyer will  tuck  in  with  Morata   the back three will  come from  Dave ,Chrisatenen ,Cahill and Luiz,  Baka will partner King Kante

The Rat will be somewhere in front of them (not far away) wing backs  will be  Alonso  and Zappa  or  Rudi  theres my pick for your 3 - 5- 2

its a  Wombat the Pri#ck , Thick As Ten Bricks   Lovely Weekend  to all my admirers on the Footy Forum:smile:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldgit said:

For the Qarabag game, Conte reverted to the 3 -4 -3 ( or 3 -4 -2- 1) formation which was quite a gamble really as Qarabag had a 5 man midfield. I reckon he was thinking, before the game, that they would sit back and counter attack. Regarding Willian, I'm always a bit suspicious when a player, especially a seasoned professional like him, comes back to life all of a sudden. After doing nothing all season, he puts in a man of the match performance like that. Has he been told that he can leave in January? I think we can look forward to a 3 -5 -2 formation at Liverpool!

I like to think you're being a bit harsh on Willian, remember when quite a few players underperformed a couple of years ago he was the one who really held it together. 

Agree about Conte's tactical switch, worked a treat, just like the changes in personnel.

did enuff to get a point away at Ainfeild,  where of  here in later times, our winning record is not the greatest

a match easy on the eye  ,and a fair result all round .    Conte     setup   was not to get beaten , Mission     Completed

a very lovely morning to all:smile:

• Like 1

A highly entertaining game for anyone who appreciates good football. I thought we played really well and did enough to warrant a point from the game. Considering our preparation leading up to the game, it was a good performance. What I liked was that we passed the ball well, when under pressure from the Liverpool attack and midfield, and countered with purpose and energy. The starting line up looked conservative but we got forward, when we could and made it a fairly open game. Drinkwater looked comfortable on his first start and Kante was, as usual the b****cks. Zappacosta still looks like he's got some settling in to do as he still lacks the confidence to take players on. He's also got to be more physical or he'll wind up like Cuadrado. You're not going anywhere Willian, if you continue to slot 'em in like that!

• Like 2

Really sad news today that Ex youth team and reserves coach Dermot Drummy has passed away aged 56. Dermot made a huge contribution to the youth set up from 2009-2014.
Very sad, gone too soon[emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 2