Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

He'd be a bugger to replace if he did move on. Keep ya fingers crossed SP!

For that sort of money,I would rip their arms out of their sockets.I've never been a Petr Cech disciple as I think for a big man ,he doesn,t command his penalty area as he should do,especially from corners.He's certainly no Peter Schmeichel in that respect.Very good shot stopper but then all goalkeepers playing at that level should be.He's been fortunate to have had some excellent central defenders in front of him during his time at Chelsea.Terry,Gallas,Cavallho and Alex have all played their part in making his job easier.

He'd be a bugger to replace if he did move on. Keep ya fingers crossed SP!

For that sort of money,I would rip their arms out of their sockets.I've never been a Petr Cech disciple as I think for a big man ,he doesn,t command his penalty area as he should do,especially from corners.He's certainly no Peter Schmeichel in that respect.Very good shot stopper but then all goalkeepers playing at that level should be.He's been fortunate to have had some excellent central defenders in front of him during his time at Chelsea.Terry,Gallas,Cavallho and Alex have all played their part in making his job easier.

Woo woo woo big man!, I agree with 99% of what you say but if we lost Cech we wouldn't be as stable as we have been in the last few years,

I agree he isn't that vocal but he exudes confidence in the box and that helps out the four in front of him. Anyway all this doesn't matter as he has already stated that he

is happy at Chelsea and its just merely his agent trying to get a better deal for his client.

Cech would stay for life

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech would be happy to spend the remainder of his career at Stamford Bridge.

The giant Czech Republic international is under contract with the Blues until 2010, but was forced to deny reports that he was planning to move on earlier this week with a mystery club lining up a £32million bid.

After moving to West London from Rennes in a £7million deal in June 2004, Cech has become an integral part of the club's recent success.

In an interview with Czech newspaper MF Dnes, Cech again insisted that he had no desire to quit the Premier League club and revealed that talks were on-going over a new contract.

He said: "Now it is in the hands of Sport Invest Agency which represents me, and Chelsea. You know my opinion.

"Chelsea have a great team, next week we are playing the Champions League final, until Sunday we had been still in the race for the league trophy and I am convinced we can still achieve a lot in years to come.

"I will be glad if I will stay at Chelsea long-term. I would like to stay at Chelsea, as long as possible.

"I would not mind if I finished my career at Chelsea."

Cole - Messi is world's best

Joe Cole has told Lionel Messi he would love to team up with him at Chelsea - and taunted Cristiano Ronaldo by saying the Argentina star has proved he is the world's best.

Chelsea have been linked with Barcelona attacker Messi on a number of occasions as Roman Abramovich apparently looks to inject more flair into the club, and Cole admits he would relish the opportunity to play alongside the youngster.

And ahead of next week's UEFA Champions League final, Cole has told Ronaldo that Messi proved he was the better player when the sides met in the previous round.

"I think they are both great players," he said. "Ronaldo has been fantastic, but Messi showed in the semi-final that he is the top man.

"If we could sign him, I'd love to play alongside him. He is only 20 as well - just imagine how good he will be in the next 10 years."

Meanwhile, Cole has rejected team-mate Didier Drogba's claims that the team lost the title race because of complacency.

Referring to the amount of late goals Chelsea conceded, the Ivory Coast striker said it was 'certainly proof of an excess of complacency and a lack of concentration on our part'.

But Cole insists that all teams make mistakes and Manchester United came out on top because they were the better side.

"The best team win the Premier League - it is as simple as that.

"Manchester United would have dropped points they shouldn't have too. We just have to put it to bed and get on with things.

"We have the Champions League to play for. If you worried about every mistake you or the team had made over the course of the season, you would never sleep at night.

"Everyone has been patting us on the back for almost winning the league and getting to the Champions League final but it is about putting silverware on the table."

i have heard picking up silverware before but not setting the table with silverware, maybe now he is cashley cole he is going to one to many dinner parties.

i have heard picking up silverware before but not setting the table with silverware, maybe now he is cashley cole he is going to one to many dinner parties.

Cashley probably means put some "silverware" on his table. :o

My next message will be my 1000th post, I want to do that as EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS!!

Ballack revels in Blues role

Michael Ballack believes he has become a more ruthless player since moving to Stamford Bridge.

The midfielder arrived at Chelsea on a free transfer in the summer of 2006 and has taken his time to settle among his new surroundings.

However, having now firmly found his feet in English football he feels he has been forced to alter his style of play in order to create cohesion among a squad brimming with world class talent.

"Playing for Chelsea I have to be more ruthless than in the German national team where I've managed to earn myself a different status over the years," Ballack said.

"But it also means that I'm expected to make decisions on the pitch - it's different at Chelsea.

"We have six captains from national teams on our side - John Terry for England, Didier Drogba for the Ivory Coast, Andrei Shevchenko for the Ukraine, Petr Cech for the Czech Republic, Claudio Pizarro for Peru and me for Germany, as well as quite a few top international players.

"It goes without saying that everyone is forced to show some restraint so as not to jeopardise our success. But you have to face the challenge.

"You have to make people sit up and take notice of you otherwise you just go under in a team like this, you're just devoured by the machine. And so I've become more ruthless.

"But I wanted to play with all these stars - come hel_l or high water. Just to be able to prove that I could meet the challenge was well worth the battle for me.

"And now I can say, whatever happens, I've accomplished something. At the same time, I was never worried that I wouldn't succeed."

The German international is currently preparing for a UEFA Champions League final against Manchester United and admits that he is desperate for European glory.

Ballack was part of a Bayer Leverkusen side which came unstuck in the 2002 final against Real Madrid and he is hoping to avoid a repeat this time around.

"I just desperately want to win this trophy," he added.

"I don't want to look back on my career at some point and say: 'what a pity, I came close a few times, but it was never good enough'.

"We outplayed Real and we lost 2-1. We defeated ourselves in that match. Occasionally I think back on it. That's the way it is in football.

"But the feeling is just growing about what it would be like to actually hold the trophy in my hands.

"At some stage it fills you up entirely, your whole way of thinking the closer you get to the day of the match. And that's as it should be. You have to be totally focused and greedy about winning the cup."

Edited by Seapok

I'm a bitter man today so don't expect any congratulations from me for the northern scum.Whoever or Whatever decides the fate,the fall of the cards or the roll of a the dice must have a very sick sense of humour to have dealt the cruellest of blows to the one man of the 22 that didn't deserve it.A man that has been through the mill this season,been operated on,knocked unconscious twice,fractured a cheekbone and dislocated an elbow just over a week before the final.All for the Chelsea cause.

Yet there are others that bitch,moan,squeal,spit and cry that don't get so much as a broken toenail.Where's the justice?The cup was ours and it was stolen from our grasp by a loss of footing.

Well,99% of the Neanderthals on this forum got their wish and saw Manchester United win yet ANOTHER trophy.They must be deliriously happy that the most successful English club inthe history of the sport has pilfered another prize to add to its horde.I couldn't care a toss that this sounds like a shop full of sour grapes.We were robbed by the post,the bar and a piece of wet grass.

So why are Chelsea,if not the most hated club in the Premiership are certainly the most hated in this forum?Success?Man.Utd.,Liverpool,Arsenal far outstrip us on that score.Money?Ditto.Or is it because a club plucked from administration by an unknown Russian had the audacity to break the Big Three mould and actually challenge and then win the Premiership?Or was it that he chose us above the rest?Or is it Ashley Cole who had the audacity to move from one job to another for more money?Sounds familiar?It should do because we've all done it.Or is it the collective passion and will to win that we show on the pitch, that all successful teams show, that others can't grasp?

I'm a bitter man today so don't expect any congratulations from me for the northern scum.Whoever or Whatever decides the fate,the fall of the cards or the roll of a the dice must have a very sick sense of humour to have dealt the cruellest of blows to the one man of the 22 that didn't deserve it.A man that has been through the mill this season,been operated on,knocked unconscious twice,fractured a cheekbone and dislocated an elbow just over a week before the final.All for the Chelsea cause.

Yet there are others that bitch,moan,squeal,spit and cry that don't get so much as a broken toenail.Where's the justice?The cup was ours and it was stolen from our grasp by a loss of footing.

Well,99% of the Neanderthals on this forum got their wish and saw Manchester United win yet ANOTHER trophy.They must be deliriously happy that the most successful English club inthe history of the sport has pilfered another prize to add to its horde.I couldn't care a toss that this sounds like a shop full of sour grapes.We were robbed by the post,the bar and a piece of wet grass.

So why are Chelsea,if not the most hated club in the Premiership are certainly the most hated in this forum?Success?Man.Utd.,Liverpool,Arsenal far outstrip us on that score.Money?Ditto.Or is it because a club plucked from administration by an unknown Russian had the audacity to break the Big Three mould and actually challenge and then win the Premiership?Or was it that he chose us above the rest?Or is it Ashley Cole who had the audacity to move from one job to another for more money?Sounds familiar?It should do because we've all done it.Or is it the collective passion and will to win that we show on the pitch, that all successful teams show, that others can't grasp?

Oh well, there's always the Chelsea flower show to look forward to :o

maybe has something it do with the fact that every time a decision goes against Chelsea they surround the ref in numbers complaining..............good game though........felt a bit for Terry....Anelka at the end looked as if he couldn't give a toss......just another pay day for him..........pitch was awful.......as much as I have no time for Chelsea , was a credit to both teams to put on an entertaining game in such a big final......pity it wasn't Drogba who missed the penalty......if he hadn't have got himself sent off he was next up to take it I read.......

post-37937-1211435133_thumb.jpg

Edited by pattayarangers

:D Do they display sour grapes?

The good people of Chelsington will be crying in their Louis Vuitton handbags and the tourists looking for another team on their itineraries to go and wach. You mark my words. :D

The good people of Chelsington will be crying in their Louis Vuitton handbags and the tourists looking for another team on their itineraries to go and wach. You mark my words. :D

Yeah,West Ham,Upton Park and Forest Gate are sure to attract them in hordes.What a dungheap.

Yeah,West Ham,Upton Park and Forest Gate are sure to attract them in hordes.What a dungheap.

They wouldn't get in anyway as nearly all of our matches are sell-outs. Also they'd have nothing to entice them, like free give-away souvenir flags put on seats to try and manufacture an atmosphere.

I apologise that Tower Hamlets isn't exactly Chelsea and Kensington, but didn't you know that our working-class community was built there because the industrial smoke blew east.

East London, la,la,la, East London, la,la,la. :o

Edited by Happy Hammer

I love it when southerners whinge - Bhwaaaaaaaaaaa

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

IMHO Chelsea lost it when Drogba got himself sent off.

If Drogba had been on the pitch he would definatley have been in line to take that kick and Chelsea would probably be champions today

Also IMHO JT wanted the GLORY of winning the Champions League himself to fuel his ego. It's a BIG resposibility and takes brass balls to do it, but when he stepped up to the mark he reminded me of David Batty taking a penalty for England (and missing) when he should have been nowhere near the ball.

its all very well for JT to say he would take it, but even Anelka should have been up before him for a kick, mabee had he taken that kick two minutes earlier he would have scored, at that stage it was a kick to WIN the cup, not a kick just to stay in it. but JT wanted the glory. and now he has to face the consequences. I don't feel too sorry fo him, he'll cheer up when he gets his paycheck at the end of the month.

I would !!!

Everyone sitting in front of our TV thought he would miss

O

BTW...I am a Southerner and I am not whinging.

If Reading can't win the Champions league I really am not bothered who does, but if it's a team FROM England then I am happy....as we all should be, if we are English.

Just because a person comes from the south does not mean that they support any team from the south in a competition like this.

I bet if it had been Liverpool v Chelsea all the Evertonians would want Chelsea to win.

Am I making sense????

but JT wanted the glory.

Absolutely correct - you could see the "dream" in his eyes - rolling up his sleeves for "the big one" and a chance to go down in history.

Well, he went down alright - and history will remember!

How cruel people can be....

post-31474-1211466132_thumb.jpg

post-31474-1211466150_thumb.jpg

Frank Lampard and Joe Cole were allegedly spotted out in Red Square last night, having clearly had one or two drinks. They were reportedly singing: "We're forever blowing Doubles."

Courtesy of the Daily Mail. :o

Edited by mrtoad

Footage implicates Chelsea captain John Terry in 'spitting incident' with United striker Carlos Tevez

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:44 PM on 22nd May 2008

Footage exists that appears to show Chelsea skipper John Terry spitting at Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez?

Terry, who is reportedly vying for the England captaincy with United rival Rio Ferdinand, appears to disguise his actions behind his sleeve but the Argentinian clearly reacts after feeling something on his neck during heated exchanges at the end of last night's Champions League Final in Moscow.

The video has now been removed from the YouTube website, but the pictures below offer a flavour of the incident.

United won the match 6-5 on penalties after the game finished 1-1.

post-31474-1211466748_thumb.jpg

post-31474-1211466765_thumb.jpg

post-31474-1211466783_thumb.jpg

It's these unsavoury incidents that seem to follow JT and his team around for some reason.

Footage implicates Chelsea captain John Terry in 'spitting incident' with United striker Carlos Tevez

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:44 PM on 22nd May 2008

Footage exists that appears to show Chelsea skipper John Terry spitting at Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez?

Terry, who is reportedly vying for the England captaincy with United rival Rio Ferdinand, appears to disguise his actions behind his sleeve but the Argentinian clearly reacts after feeling something on his neck during heated exchanges at the end of last night's Champions League Final in Moscow.

The video has now been removed from the YouTube website, but the pictures below offer a flavour of the incident.

United won the match 6-5 on penalties after the game finished 1-1.

post-31474-1211466748_thumb.jpg

post-31474-1211466765_thumb.jpg

post-31474-1211466783_thumb.jpg

It's these unsavoury incidents that seem to follow JT and his team around for some reason.

Chelsea were up to their tricks surrounding the referee from early on when Scholes and Makele clashed heads - same as ever and it probably cost them the cup last night - som nom na

"No no, no no no no, there no trophy's"

Samaritans are offering counselling to all Chelsea fans. Call 0800 101010 – that’s 08000 won nothing won nothing won nothing.

And If that line gets too busy there is another number to call: 0800 6-5 6-5 6-5.

They wouldn't get in anyway as nearly all of our matches are sell-outs. Also they'd have nothing to entice them, like free give-away souvenir flags put on seats to try and manufacture an atmosphere.

I apologise that Tower Hamlets isn't exactly Chelsea and Kensington, but didn't you know that our working-class community was built there because the industrial smoke blew east.

East London, la,la,la, East London, la,la,la. :o

No need to apologise,H.Its not your fault that its the arsehol_e of London.

You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,more goals scored ,less conceded etc etc..In the final Man U were the far better team in the first half and in the extra time. Penalties are not the way to decide a game but until someone comes up with a better method so be it.Ferguson has lost most penalty shoot outs as he has conceded ,this time he was simply favoured on the law of averages.

It proves that simply throwing money at footballing mercenaries is not the way to build a long term successful team or club. Chelsea might talk about team spirit etc but for most they are a team of indiviuals and just make a list of how many have come and gone in the last 3 seasons , a veritable revolving door. Shevchenko is paid $5million a season to spend most of his time playing golf and sitting on the bench. Do you think that there will not be another massive clear out now ? are these the type of players Chelsea aspire to have at their club. You conveniently dont mention the petulant antics that Drogba gets up to and the constant harrassment the players give the referee when ever a decison goes against them. And please tell us why Peter Kenyon was chosen,or chose himself, to lead the players to receive the losers medals. When did he play for Chelsea ? or was no one else in the club past and present available ? Man United were led by Bobby Charlton and that says it all about the 2 clubs.

[You overlook the fact that most people who know the game and are neutral are unanimous that throughout the WHOLE SEASON Man U were a far superior team,check the stats,more games won , less games lost ,

I checked the stats.

Chelsea Lost 3

Arsenal Lost 3

Liverpool Lost 4

Man u Lost 5

Obviously you didn't

Edited by lampard10