Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Robhino to Man City as well :D:o

They can have him, we got rid of SWP and he is just the same player, Robinho is unproven in the Premiership, will be interesting to see if he plays next weekend when we play City.

I sense sour grapes there Seapok. The majority of the biggest players in the world are unproven in the Premiership.

To be honest I'm not that bothered I haven't seen enough of him to be envious, I do know that he can't break into the 1st team of Madrid and as a striker his goal tally isn't great.

Edited by Seapok

They can have him, we got rid of SWP and he is just the same player, Robinho is unproven in the Premiership, will be interesting to see if he plays next weekend when we play City.

I sense sour grapes there Seapok. The majority of the biggest players in the world are unproven in the Premiership.

& some...:D

Seapok, did you buy one of those Chelsea Shirts with Robinho on the back that they were selling last week at the Bridge ?? :D

& i'm not on a wind up here, they really were selling them..

Kenyon to get sacked because of this farce or what ??

I did get a Robinho shirt, I've even got a Robinho tattoo on my right thigh, it compliments the Kaka tattoo on my left nicely! Don't get me started on that northern tw@t (Kenyon)

Seapok, did you buy one of those Chelsea Shirts with Robinho on the back that they were selling last week at the Bridge ?? :D

I did get a Robinho shirt, I've even got a Robinho tattoo on my right thigh, it compliments the Kaka tattoo on my left nicely! Don't get me started on that northern tw@t (Kenyon)

Sorry mate, you can't blame United for Kenyon, blame a certain owner of yours.

Robhino to Man City as well :D:D

When did I blame United for Kenyon? I don't like the bloke, nothing to do with anyone else. :o

Robhino to Man City as well :D:D

& some... :D

When did I blame United for Kenyon? I don't like the bloke, nothing to do with anyone else. :o

youre not alone ,he's a two faced <deleted>

You really do sound like a spoilt glory hunting Chelsea TV fan, youve had hundreds of millions spent over the last few years, you miss out on 1 player and now you spit your dummy out over not getting one overated midget.

If Kenyon was so useless how come he helped turn Man United into the force they are today????

He was headhunted by Abramovich as he was the best in the business, the problem he has at Chelsea is that no matter how well you polish a turd it is still only a turd.

Edited by willywonker

You really do sound like a spoilt glory hunting Chelsea TV fan, youve had hundreds of millions spent over the last few years, you miss out on 1 player and now you spit your dummy out over not getting one overated midget.

If Kenyon was so useless how come he helped turn Man United into the force they are today????

He was headhunted by Abramovich as he was the best in the business, the problem he has at Chelsea is that no matter how well you polish a turd it is still only a turd.

Who are you, you mug!, you obviously don't know me so don't come on here giving it the big'un........if you think United's success is down to Kenyon then your living on a different planet.

Who are you, you mug!, you obviously don't know me so don't come on here giving it the big'un........if you think United's success is down to Kenyon then your living on a different planet.

I didnt say ManUs success was down to him but the fact Umbro and Man U have both done extremely well under him shows he must be something other then a carpet bagger as the father of a nepotist football agent once called him.

I apologise for coming across as a "mug" and would never disrespect a cmockney by giving it the "big'un".

I didnt say ManUs success was down to him but the fact Umbro and Man U have both done extremely well under him shows he must be something other then a carpet bagger as the father of a nepotist football agent once called him.

I apologise for coming across as a "mug" and would never disrespect a cmockney by giving it the "big'un".

I just love the fact that we have Chelsea supporters argueing about the virtues of Kenyon and how he made United the team they are today.

I would suggest SAF had a little to do with it. But heck this is Chelsea forum so let's discuss them.....ok I am done discussing them.

Injured Ballack out for two weeks

Chelsea midfielder Michael Ballack will be out for two weeks because of a bruised foot he suffered on the first day of the season against Portsmouth.

Ballack, who played for Germany in the Euro 2008 final with Spain, faced Wigan on 24 August but had to sit out the Blues' draw with Tottenham on Sunday.

He is sidelined for his nation's World Cup qualifiers against Liechtenstein on Saturday and Finland on 10 September.

The 31-year-old may miss Chelsea's trip to Manchester City on 13 September.

That match could have extra spice to it after City beat Chelsea to the signature of Brazil forward Robinho on transfer deadline day on Monday but it appears Ballack would face a battle to be fit for that encounter.

He told German Channel 2: "The original diagnosis of the Chelsea doctor has been confirmed. It means that I will be out for at least two weeks."

Ballack was sidelined for eight months in 2007 because of an ankle problem.

On Tuesday, he watched from the stands in Munich as Germany enjoyed a leisurely 1-1 draw against Bayern Munich in a testimonial match for former goalkeeper Oliver Kahn.

After the match German coach Joachim Loew told German TV channel ZDF television that he would be without his captain for the next two games.

Loew said: "It's impossible for him to play in either game."

Chelsea's Rajkovic given huge ban

Chelsea and Serbia defender Slobodan Rajkovic has been handed a hefty one-year ban by Fifa for spitting at a referee during the Olympic Games.

The 19-year-old, who is on loan at Steve McLaren's FC Twente, spat at Abdullah Al Hilali after being sent off during Serbia's 2-0 loss to Argentina.

"The suspension applies to all national and international matches including club competitions," Fifa said.

Rajkovic can appeal against the ban and has already declared his innocence.

Fifa announced its decision on Friday after a meeting of its disciplinary committee on Monday.

Chelsea signed Rajkovic from OFK Belgrade in 2005 at the age of 16 but he has yet to make an appearance for the Premier League side.

Chelsea remained at OFK on loan until the end of the 2006-07 season before joining PSV Eindhoven and then FC Twente.

Essien worry for Chelsea

Chelsea face a nervous wait over the fitness of Michael Essien after the midfielder sustained an ankle injury on Friday.

Essien limped out of Ghana's World Cup qualifier against Libya early in the first half as The Black Stars slumped to a 1-0 defeat.

Reports suggest the 25-year-old could be sidelined for up to four weeks with the problem, and would therefore miss the Blues' crucial Premier League clash with Manchester United on 21st September.

Chelsea medical staff are set to look at the injury this week ahead of the weekend's trip to Manchester City, and Essien is hopeful of making a swift recovery.

He told skysports.com: "My injury? It is serious but I can be ready again soon."

Injured Essien faces long lay-off

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has been ruled out for "several months" after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament, the club has announced.

The 25-year-old suffered the injury during Ghana's World Cup qualifier against Libya in Tripoli on Friday.

Essien will undergo surgery once the swelling around his knee has subsided.

England striker Michael Owen picked up the same injury during the 2006 World Cup and was ruled out of competitive action for 10 months.

Essien has been a regular for Chelsea since his £24m move from Lyon in 2005, scoring 14 goals in 132 appearances.

A Chelsea statement read: "Michael has ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament and will undergo an operation as soon as the majority of the swelling has subsided. We expect this to happen in a week's time.

"In the meantime, Michael has started rehab in the aqua therapy centre at Cobham which will improve the condition of the knee prior to surgery. A return to full fitness is not expected for several months."

The loss of the combative Ghanaian for such a long period is a major blow to Chelsea, who have no like-for-like replacement available and will not be able to buy any fresh faces before the transfer window re-opens in January.

Essien had landed awkwardly during the qualifier against Libya and was immediately taken to hospital for scans, with the diagnosis now confirmed by Chelsea's own medical staff.

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side, who opened their Premier League campaign with two wins and a draw, are next in action away to Manchester City on Saturday before facing Bordeaux in the Champions League and champions Manchester United in the league on 21 September.

Essien being out for so long is a bad, bad blow for Chels, especially as Ballack's out too i think still..

Will be interesting on Saturday with Ribena or whatever his name is & the " New " Man City..

3 great Games Saturday & i shall be on the Tigers early for Liverpool V Man Ure, then WBA V The Hammers, then Man City V Chels, happy days, roll on Saturday nigth..:o

Essien being out for so long is a bad, bad blow for Chels, especially as Ballack's out too i think still..

Will be interesting on Saturday with Ribena or whatever his name is & the " New " Man City..

3 great Games Saturday & i shall be on the Tigers early for Liverpool V Man Ure, then WBA V The Hammers, then Man City V Chels, happy days, roll on Saturday nigth..:o

Its not good news for us Essien being out for so long but I'm hoping he will make a quick recovery, I'm sure we have the resources to manage sufficiently. :D

Hopefully he will find his feet at West Ham then come back home to the Bridge.

Terry predicts Zola return

John Terry has backed Gianfranco Zola to become Chelsea manager one day.

Zola is set to be named West Ham boss on Wednesday and the Blues captain is delighted that the Italian is returning to England.

Zola spent seven highly successful years at Stamford Bridge and is regarded as one of their finest players ever.

Terry played with Zola for five years during his spell at Chelsea, and he is already tipping him to make a triumphant return to the West London club as manager in the future.

"He is a Chelsea legend. I'm sure one day he'll be back at Chelsea," the England captain told Sky Sports News.

"He's managed the [italy] under-21s for a while and has a bit more

"It will be great for him and maybe Gigi [Casiraghi] to take the job and get more experience and hopefully get the experience to one day become Chelsea manager."

Zola's appointment is expected to be confirmed once he has completed his duties with the Italian Under-21s, who face Croatia on Tuesday evening.

Zola is set to be named West Ham boss on Wednesday and the Blues captain is delighted that the Italian is returning to England.

Zola spent seven highly successful years at Stamford Bridge and is regarded as one of their finest players ever.

Terry played with Zola for five years during his spell at Chelsea, and he is already tipping him to make a triumphant return to the West London club as manager in the future.

"He is a Chelsea legend. I'm sure one day he'll be back at Chelsea," the England captain told Sky Sports News.

"It will be great for him and maybe Gigi [Casiraghi] to take the job and get more experience and hopefully get the experience to one day become Chelsea manager."

Zola's appointment is expected to be confirmed once he has completed his duties with the Italian Under-21s, who face Croatia on Tuesday evening.

Ahhhh, the wonderful England Captain adds his 2p in his usual indiscreet & only his way of sounding not arrogant in the slightest, i love that Guy !!!!! :o

The Midget hasn't even been confirmed as our Manager yet & he's tapping him up !!!! :D

Terry at his best. Scholari has only been there 5 minutes and already he is talking about another manager coming to Chelsea. Maybe Scholari wants to do a Ferguson and stay for more than 20 years.

My wife wants to know, after watching a recent Chelsea match, how come Gene Hackman got the job ?

(I would take him on my team shhh) but the only other player I could wish this on more is Ballack.

oh i agree, i think he's arguably chelsea's best player, he's a beast. he's also a snidey cowardly get who crocks people and then plays innocent. i haven't forgiven him for nearly ending didi hamann's career a couple of seasons ago.

TackleEssienITV_228x183.jpg

Zola - Chelsea in the past

Gianfranco Zola has vowed to bring attacking football to West Ham United and does not expect his past association with Chelsea to be a problem.

Former Italy international Zola is expected to be confirmed as West Ham's new manager on Wednesday following Alan Curbishley's resignation last week.

Zola, who is currently part of his country's Under 21 setup, will be returning to the Premier League five years after leaving Chelsea following an illustrious playing stint at Stamford Bridge.

His connections with the Blues have prompted concerns to be raised by Hammers fans regarding his suitability for the Upton Park job.

But the 42-year-old believes his Chelsea days are firmly in the past and he is relishing the chance to manage the Hammers.

"I only know one way to play: on the floor, attacking football, the way things should be done," Zola told the Daily Mail.

"I want to excite people, that is why we play, isn't it? This is a new era, a new chapter for me. I was an offensive player, who only knew one way to play. That is how my teams will always play.

"I know there is a rivalry between Chelsea and West Ham, but that is not a problem. My playing career is in my past.

"This is a new adventure for me. I spent seven years at Chelsea and they were seven of the best years of my career.

"I loved playing there, but the fans must understand that I have a new career now and my playing career is in the past."

Zola admits it was a tough decision to leave his Under 21 role, but he could not refuse the opportunity to become a Premier League boss.

He added: "This is an opportunity in the Premier League and an opportunity I didn't expect, but it's an opportunity I can't turn down.

"The hardest thing was to say goodbye to those players in the dressing room.

"Everything has to be agreed with the federation, but I am confident that it will be resolved when I return to Italy. There are still talks, but I am sure they will go well."

Cech warns Robinho

Petr Cech says the Chelsea squad are determined to show Robinho he made a mistake in joining Manchester City ahead of the Blues, when the two sides meet this weekend.

Robinho is in line to make his City debut at Eastlands against the club he was strongly linked with all summer.

City beat Chelsea to Robinho's signature on transfer deadline day in a sensational British transfer record swoop.

Robinho had been hoping to secure a move to Chelsea from Real Madrid before City's late intervention and Cech says he and his team-mates will show the Brazilian he was wrong in his choice.

"In the morning he says he loves Chelsea and he wants to be part of Chelsea and a few hours later he signs for another club," Cech told Sky Sports News.

"It was his decision. He needs to play well for Manchester City and we want to show him on Saturday he made a decision that is not perfect for him really."

Despite snubbing Stamford Bridge for Eastlands, Cech believes Robinho could be a success in the Premier League.

"He is a great player and the sort of player who can entertain people so for the Premier League maybe he is good, but we will see how he is going to cope with the pressure now," added Cech.

Cech also spoke of his sadness at seeing team-mate Michael Essien ruled out of action for a lengthy period.

Essien is expected to be sidelined for several months after suffering a cruciate knee ligament injury on international duty with Ghana.

Cech admits it is a blow for Chelsea, but he believes they have a big enough squad to cope without the former Lyon man.

"It is a blow because he has been a great player for us since he came, but we have a large squad and we need to cope with that," noted Cech.

"I wish him a speedy recovery because we will all need him."

"In the morning he says he loves Chelsea and he wants to be part of Chelsea and a few hours later he signs for another club," Cech told Sky Sports News.

Wonder what Cech told Blšany before he joined Sparta Prague. And one year later, i wonder what he told Sparta Prague when he went to Rennes. And 2 years later, i wonder what he said to Rennes before he went to Chelsea. Fekkin hypocrite :o

Wonder what Cech told Blšany before he joined Sparta Prague. And one year later, i wonder what he told Sparta Prague when he went to Rennes. And 2 years later, i wonder what he said to Rennes before he went to Chelsea. Fekkin hypocrite :o

He was a young man at the time and obviously unable to make up his mind, now he has matured he knows what he is talking about. :D

Any truth in this Gents ??

Steve Clarke has resigned as Chelsea's assistant head coach in order to join the Italian revolution at Upton Park.

According to the Times, Clarke - who was a member of staff at Stamford Bridge for over 20 years - has handed in his notice with view to joining former team mate Gianfranco Zola, who was confirmed as the Hammers' 12th full time manager earlier today, at West Ham.

The deal, if confirmed, would represent a major coup for the Hammers, for Clarke was a well-respected member of Chelsea's coaching staff popular with players and supporters alike.

The former Scottish international was a close confidante of former Blues manager Jose Mourinho although he found himself marginalised first by Avram Grant and then, more recently, by Phil Scolari.

Chelsea, according to the story pulled out all the stops in an attempt to keep Clarke at Stamford Bridge but he was apparently determined to leave in order to join up with Zola, a player whom he featured alongside for two seasons in the late 1990s.

Clarke, if confirmed, will become the second signing made by new manager Zola following confirmation of the arrival of fitness coach Antonios Pintos.

Any truth in this Gents ??

Steve Clarke has resigned as Chelsea's assistant head coach in order to join the Italian revolution at Upton Park.

According to the Times, Clarke - who was a member of staff at Stamford Bridge for over 20 years - has handed in his notice with view to joining former team mate Gianfranco Zola, who was confirmed as the Hammers' 12th full time manager earlier today, at West Ham.

The deal, if confirmed, would represent a major coup for the Hammers, for Clarke was a well-respected member of Chelsea's coaching staff popular with players and supporters alike.

The former Scottish international was a close confidante of former Blues manager Jose Mourinho although he found himself marginalised first by Avram Grant and then, more recently, by Phil Scolari.

Chelsea, according to the story pulled out all the stops in an attempt to keep Clarke at Stamford Bridge but he was apparently determined to leave in order to join up with Zola, a player whom he featured alongside for two seasons in the late 1990s.

Clarke, if confirmed, will become the second signing made by new manager Zola following confirmation of the arrival of fitness coach Antonios Pintos.

Official now it seems... :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...sea/7612103.stm

Chelsea confirm assistant Clarke's resignation

By Soccernet staff

Updated: September 12, 2008, 10:53 AM UK

Comment

Email

Print

Chelsea have confirmed that assistant manager Steve Clarke has handed in his resignation.

GettyImages

Steve Clarke was happier under Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge.

The former Scotland defender reportedly handed in the request on Thursday night and it could paves the way for a move to West Ham United, where he could work in a similar capacity under Gianfranco Zola, the new manager.

A Chelsea spokesman said: ''Chelsea can confirm that West Ham have made an approach with regards to talking to Steve Clarke.

''They have not been given permission to talk to him.

''Steve Clarke has tendered his resignation as assistant first team coach. We have not accepted his resignation. Talks are continuing.''

His appointment is expected to be announced in the next few days, once the club have agreed a severance package with Chelsea. Although the West London club are demanding £1.2 million in compensation because Clarke has two years left to run on his contract.

Clarke's decision comes as something of a shock given that he has ties that go back over 20 years with the club, but after four years as No 2 at Stamford Bridge it became clear that he would not fit in with the Luiz Felipe Scolari regime.

It is understood that Clarke has been effectively sidelined since Scolari was appointed in the summer, with the Brazilian relying almost entirely on Darlan Schneider, his other assistant, whom he brought with him from Portugal.

Despite taking what many have seen as a backward step, Clarke is said to be relishing the opportunity of linking up again with Zola, with whom he played for two years at Chelsea.