Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Chelsea 4 - 3 Bolton :o

What the hel_l was that about, home and dry within the hour then that shambolic performance happens, Cech was at fault for at least 2 of the goals. If we play like that on Tuesday then the bin dippers would deservedly go on to play Barca. Talk about switch off, come on Chels sort it out for <deleted> sake!

Talking of shambolic performances......... :D

What a game, talk about an emotional roller coaster, I had two heart attacks, died and was resurrected, lucky its around easter time! :o

Blues prevail in Euro classic

Was it just my imagination or was there a bias in the covering of this game in that all the presenters/pundits seemed to be willing on Liverpool to go through?

What a game, talk about an emotional roller coaster, I had two heart attacks, died and was resurrected, lucky its around easter time! :o

Was it just my imagination or was there a bias in the covering of this game in that all the presenters/pundits seemed to be willing on Liverpool to go through?

Well if they were, it was equalised by the Refereeing performance in my opinion..

Great win for chelsea last night,that drogba sure knows how to kick butt.

I can't complain too much about that performance although Torre's weird celebration, when Drogba got the winner, left me wondering whether he had backed him to be the last goalscorer!

Well if they were, it was equalised by the Refereeing performance in my opinion..

Can't disagree with you there.

Good morning Ladies, we're up next, no pressure of course now... :o

0-3 Rent Boys with Lampard Hat Trick with every one pointing towards " Mum " as it's on her own patch...

brutal MS - but I do like your style. :D

It's all true though as usual Jimbo...

0-3 Rent Boys with Lampard Hat Trick with every one pointing towards " Mum " as it's on her own patch...

Hello fatboy, yeah I can see us scoring 3 or more goals at your dilapidated stadium, I would much prefer us snatching the win after an injury time penalty taken by the one and only Super, super Frank, super Frankie Lampard! :D

Cech gets Blues backing

John Terry and Gus Hiddink insist Petr Cech is back on top form after keeping out Everton on Wednesday.

The Chelsea goalkeeper has come in for criticism of late after shipping in three goals at home to Bolton in the Premier League before conceding four to Liverpool in the UEFA Champions League.

But after putting his body on the line in the midweek 0-0 draw against the Toffees, as well as the FA Cup semi-final win over Arsenal last weekend, the Czech international has been praised by his captain.

"For all those people who have had a pop at Big Pete recently, just a reminder - we've let in fewer goals than any other Premier League team this season," skipper Terry said in the Daily Mirror.

"He'll do for us, He's our mate, he's the best in the world and when he comes out in the last minute at Wembley and gets through a crowd of players to punch the ball clear, we love him!"

And boss Hiddink has hailed Cech after a troublesome time between the sticks, insisting: "I've not been tempted to rest him.

"He's had some difficult times, but he worked well and was relaxed. He showed what he is capable of, as he has in the past.

"Every now and again, every player has the right to have a period when he's not at peak performance, but it was very short. We spoke, but not dramatically, about the situation."

Hiddink also claimed the Blues shot-stopper won a personal battle after colliding with Everton forward Jo on Wednesday.

The Dutchman added: "He was very brave regarding his past injury by putting his head very bravely in this dangerous situation. That's a personal victory for him. He had some blood in the nose but he's okay."

Hello fatboy, yeah I can see us scoring 3 or more goals at your dilapidated stadium, I would much prefer us snatching the win after an injury time penalty taken by the one and only Super, super Frank, super Frankie Lampard! :D

Your out of the Title race anyway, just quoting your rent a Manager :D

ASTONISHING BLAST FROM MIDFIELDER

Lampard slams DJ in live tirade on phone-in show

By Soccernet staff

April 24, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Frank Lampard has hit back at a radio DJ who labelled him ''scum'' on a live broadcast, after accusations that he was a bad father following his bitter split from fiancée Elen Rives.

Empics

Frank Lampard hit out in the live broadcast.

• Listen to Lampard's outburst here...

The England and Chelsea midfielder called the phone-in show in a 15-minute rant to blast LBC presenter James O'Brien, after the DJ said that men who allow their children to live in inferior circumstances to them were "weak and scum".

His sister had been listening to the show and was angered by negative comments callers made about the footballer, which spurred the England star to phone in.

In an emotional and angry exchange, Lampard said: "Since I've had kids every penny I earn and every yard I run on the football pitch is for my kids. It hurts me every day when I wake up and my kids are not there."

The 30-year-old called the presenter an "idiot" for upsetting his family on the first anniversary of his mother's death and accused Rives of "having had a few drinks" when she made the remarks in a national newspaper.

He said: "Someone approached her in a bar and got her talking after she had a few drinks. My ex-girlfriend is very distressed about the story. She gave it away in a moment of weakness."

Miss Rives said that their daughters Luna, three, and Isla, one, were living in a small flat while Lampard had stayed in their £8.5m townhouse.

But Lampard said: "They are living in a temporary flat which is actually in Fulham. It's not a bad flat at all. I am buying a house at the moment which is going to be of equal standard to mine if not better.

"It hurts me every day when I wake up and my kids are not there. Luckily I have a relationship with my ex-girlfriend where we will share custody or whatever you want to call it. For three nights a week - and I'm away two or three nights for my football - the kids wake up in my house. I look after them solely."

Lampard became emotional when O'Brien said that he also had daughters and would fight "tooth and nail" to keep his family together.

He said: "What do you think I have been doing for the last two years? Let me tell you something now, right, my mother died a year ago today and that has had a huge impact on my life and my family's life and on my sister's life and unfortunately that has had a huge impact on my relationship at home. I find it insulting that you insinuate I wouldn't fight tooth and nail for my kids. You don't know anything about me.

"The hardest part of this break-up is not waking up with my kids every day. So before you start insinuating and calling people weak and scum on a radio station, sitting on a high horse which you are.. I hope one day that your wife or your girlfriend doesn't come up to you and say, I don't want to be with you any more. That will hurt you as well."

He then went on to tell O'Brien that he had no right to discuss his personal life.

He said: "I have to wake up and listen to idiots like you say, I read this' and this is what he's doing' and it's wrong. I put up with it and keep my mouth shut. The only reason I rang you is because my sister is distressed and as I said, it's the anniversary of my mum's death.

"Do you think my sister needs to hear idiots like you saying that on the radio station?"

O'Brien apologised for bringing up the issue on the anniversary of Lampard's mother's death, but added: "You will understand that I am not likely to have an anniversary like that in my desktop diary.

"You cannot expect verbatim first-hand quotes from the mother of your children to go unremarked by the general public."

The conversation then ended like this:

Frank: Listen I've spoken much too much about my private life today already - I didn't expect to have a phone call with you this morning. So I'll leave it there thank you.

James: So you won't give us a quick rundown on your thoughts for the champions league semi-final then.

Frank: No, I certainly won't.

Hammers fans went too far - Terry

Chelsea skipper John Terry believes a section of West Ham fans went too far with abuse aimed towards himself and team-mate Frank Lampard at Upton Park.

A number of Hammers fans taunted the pair during Saturday's game as West Ham were beaten 1-0 by Chelsea.

The duo celebrated Salomon Kalou's winner in front of the home fans and objects were thrown in their direction.

Asked if he felt the West Ham fans had crossed the line, Terry said: "I think they did, personally."

Terry's family, who are West Ham fans, stayed away from the match after learning through the internet the 28-year-old would be targeted.

Hammers supporters have not forgotten that Terry spent five years with their academy before joining Chelsea as a 14-year-old, while Lampard joined Chelsea from West Ham in 2001 for £11m.

"I can take it, Lamps can take it. It's a little bit more than that but I'm not going to give them a chance to say I'm whingeing," added Terry.

"When we scored, I went running over to Lamps and gave them a bit back. There's nothing wrong with that."

Referee Mike Dean spoke with Terry to ensure he did not incite home supporters, but the England skipper feels that players should be allowed to express their emotions more openly.

"If they can give they can take it, and if I can take it I can give it. That's the way it's got to be," said Terry.

"They have to expect a bit back. When they do get a bit back they all get the hump a little bit. But that is football. I'll take it the rest of my career and I'll certainly give a bit back in my career."

Terry insisted the abuse he had to contend with on Saturday made Chelsea's victory all the more enjoyable.

"Walking home with three points and them walking home with nothing, you can't buy that and they can't buy that," he said.

"As a player coming here, knowing you are going to get stick, I swear me and Lamps are so fired up before the game and determined.

"When you get that stick you just want to prove them wrong and shut them up. I think we did that."

Yeah complete tools the lot of them, not surprising they dont attract any jewish support.

What the <deleted> has that got to do with the price of Eggs ??

I know a fair few Jewish West Ham & you're talking out of your bottom, as per usual..

Anyway, i've got another one for you Chelsea Boys.. :D

How's about this, written by the Author of Lampard's Autobiography none the less & how this partiular Report was allowed in a national Newspaper i'll never know ( except i do, it was The Sun )..

But <deleted> all of the tripe this Fella writes about our Moronic, Spiteful & Idiotic Fans, check out what the England Captain says to stoke it up !!! :D

What an absolute Lemon, not only is his Mum a Thief, but he's about as intelligent & clever as the Tockay outside on my Wall at the moment & a <deleted> Liar to boot, it was 0-0 at Half Time wasn't it John so you didn't say that did you John ???? :o

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2396331.ece

JOHN TERRY does not normally rise to the bait.

Saturday, however, was not normal. Even by the vile and hateful standards set by West Ham 'fans', the abuse meted out to Terry and Frank Lampard was a disgrace.

In fact, it went way beyond what is acceptable as terrace banter and that is why Terry felt compelled to respond. He is a big boy and he can take it but the chants about his mother and Lampard's family and children were out of order.

On the pitch, they got on with their job and the baiting made Chelsea's victory all the sweeter.

Terry, though, took some pleasure in describing just how much and the effect it had on him and his team-mate.

He said: "You know you will get stick here and I swear me and Lampsy were so fired up before the game. At half-time we told the lads we needed to push on and not let the lead slip.

"I think they cross the line with the things they shout. Lampsy can take it, I can take it, though.

"All my family are West Ham and some of them didn't go to the game because there were things on a website about what they were going to sing about me.

"There are things in life you enjoy. We came here and got three points and their fans walked away with nothing. You can't buy that.

"When we scored I went running over to Lampsy and gave them a bit back, there's nothing wrong with that.

"The ref even had a quiet word and told me not to wind them up but if I can take it, they have to get a little bit back. They have to respect it but when they got a bit back today they all got the a**e. That's football. I'll take it but I will give it back."

Terry's attitude is spot-on but it does not mean the idiots in the stand who were screaming at him are entitled to do it.

Actually, it is a shame because West Ham United used to be a big club. They were good enough to challenge for trophies and proud of their history. West Ham players felt honoured to wear the shirt.

The fans had a reputation too. They loved their club, they appreciated football and were generous and good-humoured.

Not any more. Terry and Lampard used to stand on the terraces at Upton Park when they were growing up and their families were West Ham fans.

In Lampard's case, he and his father played for the club and never gave anything less than everything for the cause.

The Chelsea midfielder is now immune to the abuse he gets from the 'faithful' at his old club. He's not fat, he is very good and his medals prove he was right to leave West Ham for Chelsea.

But insulting his family or Terry's is unacceptable. If they said the kind of thing about Lampard's children or Terry's mum to their faces, they would get a smack in the mouth.

Thing is, there is safety in numbers and even more when you are behind a line of stewards in a stand. What a bunch of cowards.

And they think that, because they pay money, they are entitled to chant what they want. Really? Surely the idea is to support your team and enjoy an afternoon with your mates? If the same morons who were abusing the Chelsea players put half the effort into supporting their own team, then maybe they could challenge again.

As it was, this was just another routine win for their London rivals, who never even needed to go beyond second gear.

It was Lampard who ran to the byline and crossed for Salomon Kalou's 55th-minute goal.

Apart from that, Petr Cech made a brilliant save from Mark Noble's penalty to ensure Chelsea won their first London derby of the season.

There was some good news for the Hammers when Gianfranco Zola confirmed he and Steve Clarke had signed new long-term deals.

Zola said: "The ambitions are that we are starting a project and, in a few years' time, we want to be competing with the top four, top five. We started this year and it's just the beginning."

After saluting the fans — all of them — at the whistle, Lampard threw his shirt towards a couple of young West Ham lads next to the tunnel. Both got a hand to it and, for a full five minutes, argued over who should get to keep it.

In the end, the Old Bill stepped in and tossed a coin. One of them lost but the irony wasn't.

They had just spent the afternoon screaming abuse at Lampard and then fought over his shirt.

Still, it is as close as West Ham fans will get to a winner.

Edited by MSingh

Yeah complete tools the lot of them, not surprising they dont attract any jewish support.

I know a fair few Jewish West Ham & you're talking out of your bottom, as per usual..

sorry mate, I take it back, as you have jewish fans, then for sure you are not a complete set of tools. :o

sorry mate, I take it back, as you have jewish fans, then for sure you are not a complete set of tools. :o

Can't work out if you're being sarky or not...

You're not honestly insinuating that we don't have ANY Jewish Fans at all are you, like you said in your initial Post, are you ??

Anyway, this below, you couldn't make it up... :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2398874.ece

Can't work out if you're being sarky or not...

You're not honestly insinuating that we don't have ANY Jewish Fans at all are you, like you said in your initial Post, are you ??

Anyway, this below, you couldn't make it up... :D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2398874.ece

i was refering to the bit of the anatomy that jews have removed at birth and so they could never be labled "complete tools"!!!

i was refering to the bit of the anatomy that jews have removed at birth and so they could never be labled "complete tools"!!!

Oh right, gotcha..

Get a room you two!! onto tonight then, considering Barca are scoring for fun our back 5 will have to play out of their skins....the ideal score tonight would be for us not to concede but realistically I would settle for losing 2-1 then do them at the Bridge! :o

It will be a good one thats for sure...If Chelsea can keep a clean sheet against Barca then you deserve to go to the final.

I watched Barca this weekend against Valencia and they had to really fight for the 2-2 draw. Valencia really took the game to them at break neck pace that Barca seemed to struggle with at times.

It will be a good one thats for sure...If Chelsea can keep a clean sheet against Barca then you deserve to go to the final.

I watched Barca this weekend against Valencia and they had to really fight for the 2-2 draw. Valencia really took the game to them at break neck pace that Barca seemed to struggle with at times.

This will surprise Seapok, :o but I hope Chelsea win tonight and win the tie. :D

If Man Utd can also win it would be great to see a repeat of last years FINAL :D Same result of course can't go overboard... :D

Maybe then we can all have a few beers together.

BT :D

Good result to get in the Nou Camp but now I'm gona be shitting it that they don't score at the Bridge!......BT you're right I was surprised by you're post! :o

Barcelona 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea produced a spirited defensive display to stop Barcelona from scoring in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final in the Camp Nou.

The Spanish league leaders enjoyed plenty of possession, but struggled to create many clear-cut chances.

Thierry Henry forced Petr Cech to save and Bojan headed over from two yards, before Cech stopped Alex Hleb's effort.

Chelsea almost nicked a goal as Didier Drogba was foiled by Victor Valdes, while Michael Ballack headed just over.

But Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink will be delighted with his side's defensive fortitude in keeping a clean sheet - a feat not achieved by any visiting side at Barca this season.

It means the Blues will fancy their chances of reaching a second successive Champions League final when they meet in the second leg at Stamford Bridge next Wednesday.

For long periods Chelsea had to be content with watching Barca knock the ball around as they gave another masterclass in possession.

Chelsea played right into their hands, with Cech among the main protagonists as his long, aimless kicks only served to gift the ball straight back to the home side.

But for a team that this season has scored four goals in a game six times, five goals five times and six goals four times, the hosts were unable to broker many genuine chances.

For all the twinkle-toed approach play of the industrious Andres Iniesta and Henry down the left, they struggled to get close to the Chelsea goal with the regularity their build-up demanded.

Twice in the opening stages Cech flapped at crosses from the left but the Blues survived and they fashioned a half-chance of their own when Florent Malouda's cross found Frank Lampard and he curled wide from 25 yards.

Barca were seeing far more of the ball, but they grew increasingly frustrated by Chelsea's solid rearguard action and were quickly reduced to shooting from outside the area.

Henry twice chanced his arm, once testing Cech with a low drive and then lashing in a fierce shot from 22 yards that the Czech keeper did well to parry behind.

It seemed as though Barca were trying to wear Chelsea down, but they were very close to going in at half-time a goal down.

Rafael Marquez's backpass was woefully short and Drogba fastened on to the loose ball only to see his shot well saved by Valdes, the keeper getting up quickly to deny the Ivorian from the rebound.

Chelsea's spirits were lifted by their sudden involvement in the match and right at the start of the second half they nearly took the lead again, Ballack flashing a header wide from Drogba's free-kick.

The Barca fans were growing increasingly restless at their team's lack of openings and a serious-looking injury to Marquez and a booking for his replacement Puyol that rules him out of the second leg did little to pacify them.

But Pep Guardiola's side continued to probe away in their usual manner and half-chances came and went as the off-key Lionel Messi volleyed over before Daniel Alves, in typically fiery mood throughout, stung the palms of Cech from out on the right.

Alves went even closer when his 30-yard free-kick brushed the top of Cech's net before Samuel Eto'o, on the day he was linked with a move to Manchester City, raced through only to shoot at Cech's outstretched left leg.

Barcelona's best chances came deep into injury time as Bojan, on for Henry, remarkably headed an Alves cross over from point-blank range, before fellow substitute Alex Hleb was foiled by a fine Cech save.

Chelsea may not have got the away goal Hiddink craved before the game, but their Dutch manager will surely be delighted by the outcome.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Marquez (Puyol 52), Pique, Abidal, Xavi, Toure Yaya, Iniesta, Messi, Eto'o (Bojan 82), Henry (Hleb 87).

Subs Not Used: Jorquera, Gudjohnsen, Keita, Sylvinho.

Booked: Toure Yaya, Puyol.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Bosingwa, Mikel, Ballack (Anelka 90), Essien, Lampard (Belletti 71), Malouda, Drogba.

Subs Not Used: Hilario, Di Santo, Kalou, Mancienne, Stoch.

Booked: Alex, Ballack.

Att: 95,000.

Ref: Wolfgang Stark (Germany).

Where Barcalona had the flair,the skill & most of the possession, Chelsea won on tactics. Wave after wave of Blue & Red shirts amassed on the Yellow's defense, but just like The Enterprise, their sheilds were up. On the few occasions when they faltered there was James T.Kirk, aka Petr Cech to save the day. Chelsea were hard as nails, but mostly fair. Dogged in their approach, but full of heart. They could even have gone in at half time one goal to the good. When they finally got the ball after 40 minutes, a lazy back pass let Drogba in. He could have placed his shot or gone for power. He went for power , and brought a fine save. It rebounded back to him. Same again, and once more he tried the wrong option. A deft flick over Valdes, but somehow the keeper got his hand to it.

0-0 at half time. What would the second half bring? The second half Chelsea saw more of the ball. But not much more. Again, not a lot got passed the yellow defences. Again Cech was there when it did. Terry & Alex were immense, and grew in stature as the game went on. Bosinger did his job, albeit sometimes clumsily. Guus was coming out on top. He'd fooled everybody. Bojan and ex-Aresenal player Hleb both had good chances late on. Still it ended 0-0

The Bridge next week. See you there.

Martin Knapp.

Farang Connection.

Where Barcalona had the flair,the skill & most of the possession, Chelsea won on tactics. Wave after wave of Blue & Red shirts amassed on the Yellow's defense, but just like The Enterprise, their sheilds were up. On the few occasions when they faltered there was James T.Kirk, aka Petr Cech to save the day. Chelsea were hard as nails, but mostly fair. Dogged in their approach, but full of heart. They could even have gone in at half time one goal to the good. When they finally got the ball after 40 minutes, a lazy back pass let Drogba in. He could have placed his shot or gone for power. He went for power , and brought a fine save. It rebounded back to him. Same again, and once more he tried the wrong option. A deft flick over Valdes, but somehow the keeper got his hand to it.

0-0 at half time. What would the second half bring? The second half Chelsea saw more of the ball. But not much more. Again, not a lot got passed the yellow defences. Again Cech was there when it did. Terry & Alex were immense, and grew in stature as the game went on. Bosinger did his job, albeit sometimes clumsily. Guus was coming out on top. He'd fooled everybody. Bojan and ex-Aresenal player Hleb both had good chances late on. Still it ended 0-0

The Bridge next week. See you there.

Martin Knapp.

Farang Connection.

Is this a good result for Chelsea ? I am in 2 minds. Chelsea's previously wonderful home record is just a memory and there lack of creativity to put themselves in scoring positions could open the door for Barca.One goal for them could be enough. Barcelonas biggest problem could be suspension of their captain and injuries,There doesnt seem to be too much on the bench.I would humbly suggest Chelsea trade a couple of old heads in the summer and buy some wingers the attack seems very ponderous and predictable.

I'm surprised to see people saying that a 0-0 away was a good result in the first leg..

For startes i'd be amazed if Barca don't score in the 2 Games ( imagine the odds for it & the Bookies don't normally get things wrong ) & if they do score, the pressure is SO on Chelsea as they have to score 2, even if they've already scored 1, within the 90 mins & if they do have to gamble & leave gaps, you will get punished & we'll be on to Man United V Barca in Rome..

Barca favourites for me..

COME ON BARCA.. :)