Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Does now anyone know if this mornings game against Milan was on TV (the game against Inter was live on TrueSports 1) or more importantly is it being replayed/highlights later today?

Just that when I now go on TrueVisions website since they updated the website (last year?) I can never load the pages on search schedule for programmes. Does anyone else have the same problem or is it that my computer is too slow to handle the extra content on the updated site?

Does now anyone know if this mornings game against Milan was on TV (the game against Inter was live on TrueSports 1) or more importantly is it being replayed/highlights later today?

Just that when I now go on TrueVisions website since they updated the website (last year?) I can never load the pages on search schedule for programmes. Does anyone else have the same problem or is it that my computer is too slow to handle the extra content on the updated site?

When you go to the TrueVisions website you don't have to move from the home page to get the schedule search, simply scroll down past the large photos and there it is. After you hit the search button you get the Sports screen and you again have to scroll down past the photos to see the schedules.

Yes, the match was on this morning live and it is scheduled to be repeated on Channel 59 at 14.00 and 19.30 today on Channel 59 (Truesports 1).

Hope this helps

Finally!, hopefully now we can get on with the game! :)

Terry committed to Blues

John Terry has looked to end speculation regarding his future by committing himself to Chelsea.

The Blues skipper has remained ominously quiet this summer throughout a protracted transfer saga linking him with a move to Manchester City.

His refusal to comment was taken as a hint that he could be tempted to take on a new challenge at Eastlands, after spending his entire career to date at Stamford Bridge.

However, the England international has now laid those rumours to rest by insisting he has no desire to secure a switch away from West London any time soon.

"There has been a lot of speculation recently about my future and I want to clear this up once and for all," Terry said in a statement released on Chelsea's official website.

"I am totally committed to Chelsea and always have been. Chelsea have also made it clear to me consistently that there was never any intention to accept any kind of offer.

"When you are linked with any club, or with a manager who I have huge respect for, it will always make headlines but me leaving Chelsea was never a possibility.

"I know there has been comment that I should have made a statement earlier. However, throughout this period there have been numerous discussions between myself, the owner and the Chelsea board and we all agreed that the timing of the statement would suit everyone involved in those talks, not any outside influences or agendas.

"What is clear to me following those discussions is that Chelsea's ambition remains as high as ever. This has been further proved by the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti. I am certain that he will take this club on to the next level.

"Another important factor was knowing that Chelsea would be securing key current players for the long term. The strengthening of the squad around this core is crucial to pushing us onto greater success.

"I am as committed as ever to helping drive Chelsea forward and I will be proud to lead the team for as long as I can."

Finally!, hopefully now we can get on with the game! :)

Terry committed to Blues

John Terry has looked to end speculation regarding his future by committing himself to Chelsea.

The Blues skipper has remained ominously quiet this summer throughout a protracted transfer saga linking him with a move to Manchester City.

His refusal to comment was taken as a hint that he could be tempted to take on a new challenge at Eastlands, after spending his entire career to date at Stamford Bridge.

However, the England international has now laid those rumours to rest by insisting he has no desire to secure a switch away from West London any time soon.

"There has been a lot of speculation recently about my future and I want to clear this up once and for all," Terry said in a statement released on Chelsea's official website.

"I am totally committed to Chelsea and always have been. Chelsea have also made it clear to me consistently that there was never any intention to accept any kind of offer.

"When you are linked with any club, or with a manager who I have huge respect for, it will always make headlines but me leaving Chelsea was never a possibility.

"I know there has been comment that I should have made a statement earlier. However, throughout this period there have been numerous discussions between myself, the owner and the Chelsea board and we all agreed that the timing of the statement would suit everyone involved in those talks, not any outside influences or agendas.

"What is clear to me following those discussions is that Chelsea's ambition remains as high as ever. This has been further proved by the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti. I am certain that he will take this club on to the next level.

"Another important factor was knowing that Chelsea would be securing key current players for the long term. The strengthening of the squad around this core is crucial to pushing us onto greater success.

"I am as committed as ever to helping drive Chelsea forward and I will be proud to lead the team for as long as I can."

Finally! The decisions been made which is good news for the club.This coinciding with a successful tour of the U.S.A augers well for the future.I got the impression from watching the games against Milan,Inter and Club America that most of the players weren't treating this as a Sunday kickabout,probably due to the introduction of a new manager.All the new signings showed that they weren't there to make up the numbers.Sturridge showed some neat footwork and Zhirkov looked a terrific addition to the squad.Di Santo reminds me of a young Peter Osgood every time I see him.This kid looks a class act.I'm still concerned with our lack of pace in the centre of midfield so a new addition there would set us up nicely for the season ahead.

Reading 2 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea scraped a dramatic late draw at the Madejski Stadium thanks to a Salomon Kalou strike and an own goal in the closing stages.

Two goals down and with just minutes to play, it looked like being a first defeat for Carlo Ancelotti in what has been a successful pre-season, but we kept on pressing and Kalou made the breakthrough on 88 minutes after Reading had netted twice late in the first half.

The performance left plenty of room for improvement, but the spirit and determination shown by his men will have pleased Ancelotti, who was leading the team for the first time on English soil.

Despite their absence from the Premier League for a second year, Reading remain familiar opposition, not least due to the involvement of Brendan Rodgers, our former reserve team manager now in charge of the Royals, and Ryan Bertrand, the young Chelsea left-back now on loan to the Berkshire club.

For his first Blues game on English soil, Ancelotti fielded a strong side, and perhaps the one he has in mind for Manchester United next weekend.

Branislav Ivanovic was preferred to José Bosingwa at right-back, while Ricardo Carvalho joined John Terry in the centre. In midfield, John Mikel Obi sat at the foot of a diamond, Deco partnered Michael Essien in the centre and Frank Lampard played at the head. Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka were the obvious pick up front.

Before kick-off there was a minute's applause to mark the passing of a true football legend, Sir Bobby Robson, who will be sorely missed by all within the game.

With the action underway, it was Chelsea who forged the first opportunities, Lampard threading through for Anelka to shoot, and then trying his own luck from 30 yards. Both shots were comfortably saved by Adam Federici in the Reading goal.

Seven minutes in Terry could have nodded us in front, but headed his vice-captain's corner over the bar when the back of the net looked a likely destination

It was almost all one-way traffic, with Lampard directing. Again it was his pass that supplied the next opportunity, Drogba setting himself with perfect technique to smash a volley at goal on the half-turn 15 yards out. It was straight at the keeper, but will have stung the Australian's palms.

When Reading did get forward, it was down the left that they had most luck, Bertrand sending in a dangerous cross that bounced just in front of Cech. On the ground where he received his terrible head injury nearly three years ago, the Chelsea man dealt well with what came to him.

As seems customary in non-competitive football, there followed a lull in the action that lasted some 15 minutes, until Anelka tried to drag the game back to life, shooting hard and low from just inside the area, only to see his effort deflected wide.

For all Chelsea's possession, we had been frustrated and throttled well by an organised Reading side, displaying features of a 4-3-3 that Rodgers will have picked up and developed during his Chelsea days.

Ancelotti's arrival has seen a switch in formation that had so far proved successful, but today was struggling to make the breakthrough.

Reading nearly did it for us when Federici miscontrolled allowing Anelka to dart in and pinch possession. Forced wide he did well to shoot on-target, only for home captain Alex Pearce to clear behind.

Moments later Essien forced another save from Federici with a shot from range, but it was Reading who took the lead with eight minutes remaining in the half.

Hal Robson-Kanu's speculative shot was half-blocked into the path of Jimme Kebe, who looked offside. The Frenchman played on, rounded Petr Cech and then coolly slotted home, still to the bemusement of Chelsea defenders.

The torment wasn't over. Just before half-time Shane Long assumed possession and ran directly towards goal, Carvalho and Terry both in attendance, before being bundled over by a combination of the pair right on the edge of the box.

Scott Davies stepped up for the dead ball, and stroked it low beyond Cech's outstretched left arm and into the net.

At the break, Ancelotti made three changes, perhaps where he still has doubts as to his starting line-up, so Bosingwa, Alex and Malouda came in for Ivanovic, Carvalho and Deco.

As the half progressed it still looked like Chelsea more likely to score, Bosingwa's cross turned goalwards by Lampard but saved from close range by Federici.

Next it was Drogba guilty of not converting after Mikel sent him away down the left channel, eventually toeing the ball wide with his right when a left-footed shot would have proved more dangerous.

That was to be his last chance, as just after the hour mark Ancelotti opted to change his strike force, Sturridge and Kalou given the chance to stake their claims, while Belletti replaced Essien.

Both new forwards looked lively and quickly demonstrated their capabilities, Kalou dancing past a couple of challenges and getting a shot in, Sturridge finding room to unleash an effort of his own.

The former Man City man came close again, while Belletti found his way into the area, but there seemed no way past a dogged and determined Reading backline, eager to prove it still had top flight credentials.

Having gone a little quiet in the second period, Lampard showed his class with a back-heeled through pass to Malouda, but he dragged his shot wide and it was beginning to look like a first defeat for Ancelotti.

There remained plenty of time for Kalou and Sturridge to almost equalise, sliding in towards but not reaching a Lampard squared-ball, and Belletti to shoot high and wide from distance, before Bosingwa brought the best save of the game from Federici, shooting hard and low from an angle inside the area, forcing the keeper to push it away.

Just to make things interesting, Kalou did pull a goal back with just over a minute of normal time remaining, breaking through the Reading defence and poking calmly home, despite being under heavy pressure.

Then, what would have been unthinkable for the home crowd happened, and we equalised.

Malouda swung in a free-kick and a bunch of bodies jumped for the ball, Alex at first looked like he had the final touch, but the goal was credited as a Pearce own goal, unfortunate after a strong performance from the defender.

So, rather than inflict a first defeat, Rodgers had to settle for being the first manager undefeated by Ancelotti.

It leaves plenty to work on, but the game brought important action on English soil, with some acclimatisation to the dismal drizzle the Italian can expect for the summer ahead.

By Andy Jones

Chelsea (4-4-2 diamond): Cech (Turnbull 76); Ivanovic (Bosingwa h-t), Carvalho (Alex h-t), Terry ©, A Cole; Mikel, Essien (Belletti 63), Deco (Malouda h-t), Lampard; Anelka (Sturridge 63), Drogba (Kalou 63).

Goal Kalou 88, Pearce (O.G) 90+1

Reading(4-3-3): Federici; Rosenior, Pearce ©, Cisse, Bertrand; Gunnarsson (Bikey h-t), Tabb (Harper 55), Davies (Mooney 63); Robson-Kanu (N Hunt h-t), Long (Church 55), Kebe

(Henry 78).

Goals Kebe 38 Davies 45

Is the Charity Shield on TV? I see the True Visions Sport channel ads have the (not in Thailand) bit added at the end. Cheers

I saw that last week on Star Sports as well,then Truesport 1 were advertising it with no restrictions.

I know it was ONLY the FA Community Shield but you only had to look at the demeanour of both teams and coaching staff,after the game, to see how much it meant.When Chelsea and Man. Utd. lock horns,no one wants to be beat.Psychologically,it was a good win especially after Rooney's late equaliser brought about by our midfield fukcing about and trying to run the clock down.We've been punished before by doing this basically because we haven't got the players to recover quickly enough when a mistake is made.

I thought it was a good,entertaining game to watch with plenty of talking points.Our achilles heel continues to be a lack of pace in the centre of midfield.For the first 30 mins.,we nearly paid for this dearly.We couldnt get close to them, preferring to shadow the man with the ball rather than harass and force them into a mistake,hence they were allowed to play the ball about without any pressure and set up chances.It was only when Ballack and Deco came on that we closed them down,obviously,under instruction from the bench.

Ivanovic has done well at full back,in the past,considering he's a central defender but,very early on,Nani had his measure and terrorised him.You could say the game turned in our favour when he came off.

The Bison is back and ready for action!!

Essien expecting good times

Michael Essien believes Chelsea are ready to return to the glory days under Jose Mourinho this season.

The Blues won six trophies in just three years with the Portuguese tactician in charge, including back-to-back Premier League titles.

Although Avram Grant and Guus Hiddinkhad good records while in charge, the club have failed to replicate Mourinho's prior success.

Roman Abramovich has now turned to experienced Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti and Essien believes fresh success is now on the horizon.

"This season is going to be an exciting one for me and everyone associated with Chelsea because I have the feeling the good times are coming back," he told the club's official website.

"When I talk about the good times I am referring to the back-to-back Premier League crowns and all the six trophies we won in three years.

"All the players started to feel for the good times when we got into the winning habit and remained unbeaten until the end of last season.

"During pre-season I could see that same desire on the faces of everyone and that's why I strongly believe there is something exciting around the corner for Chelsea."

Essien suffered an injury-hit campaign last season making just 11 Premier League appearances, a record he is looking to rectify this time around.

The Ghana international insists he is fighting fit and raring to go and that the arrival of Ancelotti has provided extra fire in his belly.

"I am fully rested, fully charged and raring to go and that normally means I am in the mood for business," he continued.

"I am hoping to stay injury-free this season, so I can contribute fully to the team.

"Last season I started off with niggling injuries throughout pre-season and it all ended in tears when I got injured on international duty.

"This time I have slept a lot and I feel like I can play two games a day. Another reason why I am excited about this season is the new boss.

"We are already enjoying his company and methods. Everyone knows we have been in five Champions League semi-finals in six years and one final.

"We are desperate to win the biggest trophy in club football and I strongly believe our new boss can help us do it.

"He has been there, done it and got the shirt for it and we are already getting the vibe from him."

The Bison is back and ready for action!!

Essien expecting good times

Michael Essien believes Chelsea are ready to return to the glory days under Jose Mourinho this season.

The Blues won six trophies in just three years with the Portuguese tactician in charge, including back-to-back Premier League titles.

Although Avram Grant and Guus Hiddinkhad good records while in charge, the club have failed to replicate Mourinho's prior success.

Roman Abramovich has now turned to experienced Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti and Essien believes fresh success is now on the horizon.

"This season is going to be an exciting one for me and everyone associated with Chelsea because I have the feeling the good times are coming back," he told the club's official website.

"When I talk about the good times I am referring to the back-to-back Premier League crowns and all the six trophies we won in three years.

"All the players started to feel for the good times when we got into the winning habit and remained unbeaten until the end of last season.

"During pre-season I could see that same desire on the faces of everyone and that's why I strongly believe there is something exciting around the corner for Chelsea."

Essien suffered an injury-hit campaign last season making just 11 Premier League appearances, a record he is looking to rectify this time around.

The Ghana international insists he is fighting fit and raring to go and that the arrival of Ancelotti has provided extra fire in his belly.

"I am fully rested, fully charged and raring to go and that normally means I am in the mood for business," he continued.

"I am hoping to stay injury-free this season, so I can contribute fully to the team.

"Last season I started off with niggling injuries throughout pre-season and it all ended in tears when I got injured on international duty.

"This time I have slept a lot and I feel like I can play two games a day. Another reason why I am excited about this season is the new boss.

"We are already enjoying his company and methods. Everyone knows we have been in five Champions League semi-finals in six years and one final.

"We are desperate to win the biggest trophy in club football and I strongly believe our new boss can help us do it.

"He has been there, done it and got the shirt for it and we are already getting the vibe from him."

Funnily enough,in contrast to previous seasons,I think we have a better chance of winning the Premiership than the Champions League.I believe that,with this present squad of players,our chance has gone to win the Champions League.We SHOULD have won it in the final against Man. Utd. and didn't.We COULD have won it in 2009,but circumstances conspired against us in the semi against Barca.No,the chance has gone for the vast majority of this squad.

Watching the Hull game yesterday was like sitting in a dentist's chair.......excruciating.Other than his two goals,Drogba was abyssmal.A great free kick a la Ronaldo and a flukey chip doesn't hide the fact that his overall play was poor.Anelka was no better.As good a defender as Cavalho is,his passing in this game was appalling.

There was no flair and no imagination to break down a dogged Hull rearguard.The build up was slow with no width to our attacks.You can talk about any formation you like but,as a professional player,you look for space and exploit it.It doesn't matter where it is on the pitch.If you want to play through the middle of a packed penalty area,then you need players with quick feet.Drogba,Deco,Lampard,Ballack,Essien and Mikel don't have that gift,Malouda and Anelka do,to a certain extent but,by and large this team needs plenty of time and space to perform.

Last season,we struggled to break mediocre teams down at home and,judging by this performance,things ain't gonna change.

You could say the game turned in our favour when he came off.

I rather think you meant to say that it was the referee's intervention in your favour that ultimately determined the match's outcome.

Martin, being a gentleman, would probably be the first to acknowledge your somewhat skewed appraisal......

Man U will of course finish higher than your Shed dwellers in the league.

Have you been to the Dogs <deleted> in Pattaya? You may well fit in.

Watching the Hull game yesterday was like sitting in a dentist's chair.......excruciating.Other than his two goals,Drogba was abyssmal.A great free kick a la Ronaldo and a flukey chip doesn't hide the fact that his overall play was poor.Anelka was no better.As good a defender as Cavalho is,his passing in this game was appalling.

There was no flair and no imagination to break down a dogged Hull rearguard.The build up was slow with no width to our attacks.You can talk about any formation you like but,as a professional player,you look for space and exploit it.It doesn't matter where it is on the pitch.If you want to play through the middle of a packed penalty area,then you need players with quick feet.Drogba,Deco,Lampard,Ballack,Essien and Mikel don't have that gift,Malouda and Anelka do,to a certain extent but,by and large this team needs plenty of time and space to perform.

Last season,we struggled to break mediocre teams down at home and,judging by this performance,things ain't gonna change.

Think its a bit early to jump to any conclusions. Some times the diamond needs to be polished a bit - but from what i have seen of it this far, Frankie boy seems less influential in this set-up. I do agree with your, your midfield are big physical lads (minus deco) and not sure this set-up suits them.

I rather think you meant to say that it was the referee's intervention in your favour that ultimately determined the match's outcome.

Martin, being a gentleman, would probably be the first to acknowledge your somewhat skewed appraisal......

Another chest thumper putting his team up and blaming,once again,the poor old referee for all his teams woes.Who the fukc is Martin?

Think its a bit early to jump to any conclusions. Some times the diamond needs to be polished a bit - but from what i have seen of it this far, Frankie boy seems less influential in this set-up. I do agree with your, your midfield are big physical lads (minus deco) and not sure this set-up suits them.

Well Jim,being naturally pessimistic about my club,I say it as I see it.No frills attached.

The problem with Drogba is he can be either outstanding or look like he's got two left feet, all in the same match which can be very frustrating. Sometimes he can look so ordinary as at times against Hull but there again the free kick....

Another chest thumper putting his team up and blaming,once again,the poor old referee for all his teams woes.Who the fukc is Martin?

Ahh, the North End Rd beckons but even if Wandsworth is just around the corner and possibly where you may have been spawned, I'm not surprised at your inability to observe what to most was a phenomenology

obvious to anyone with the meanest of intelligence and half an eye.

Our manager was quite right to get exercised. An idiotic official bedding in a new season but without the strength of character to stamp his authority upon a team of cynics managed by yet another Continental whose name will doubtless be forgotten by Xmas when his contract, like all the other fellow travellers gone before him, will be terminated. The ref screwed up and your team benefited. That's about it but be under no illusions, Man C will probably be higher than your lot by Boxing Day.

Martin is Lampard 10 and the owner of the Farangconnection in Surin. A decent cove even if he knows nothing about football and supports a team genetically programmed from broken champagne bottles, old prawns and Osgood's sideburns.....

Ahh, the North End Rd beckons but even if Wandsworth is just around the corner and possibly where you may have been spawned, I'm not surprised at your inability to observe what to most was a phenomenology

obvious to anyone with the meanest of intelligence and half an eye.

Our manager was quite right to get exercised. An idiotic official bedding in a new season but without the strength of character to stamp his authority upon a team of cynics managed by yet another Continental whose name will doubtless be forgotten by Xmas when his contract, like all the other fellow travellers gone before him, will be terminated. The ref screwed up and your team benefited. That's about it but be under no illusions, Man C will probably be higher than your lot by Boxing Day.

Martin is Lampard 10 and the owner of the Farangconnection in Surin. A decent cove even if he knows nothing about football and supports a team genetically programmed from broken champagne bottles, old prawns and Osgood's sideburns.....

Carmen,I see you are a devotee of Stuart Hall with your,ahh yes,eloquent turn of phrase.Pray tell,who was massaging (exercised?!) Sir Rednose?Not one of his backroom staff perchance?His sexual preferences will need to be addressed forthwith.

Brilliant Blues batter Cats

Chelsea produced a devastating display of attacking football as they hit back from the shock of going a goal down to outclass Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Darren Bent gave the home side a shock lead completely against the run of play in the 18th minute with his second goal in as many games after his summer switch from Spurs and the Black Cats somehow managed to hold out until the interval.

But the waves of attacks for the visitors finally breached the home defence seven minutes after the break with Michael Ballack drilling home at the far post after Lampard's corner had been flicked on by Branislav Ivanovic.

The England international then stepped up to slot home a penalty after Didier Drogba had been felled by a tiring George McCartney as the Ivory Coast international twisted and turned his way into the box.

And Deco, one of four changes to Carlo Ancelotti's starting line-up, added the finishing flourish with a sublime strike from the edge of the box 20 minutes from time after a multitude of Chelsea passes.

Steve Bruce's men, as well as the bulk of a crowd of 41,179, had dared to hope a first win over one of the big four since their return to the top flight was on the cards after Bent's 18th-minute opener.

But ultimately they were well beaten as the Blues belatedly rediscovered the form that largely deserted them at the weekend.

Having seen what Hull City did to Chelsea on Saturday, when they were only denied a point at Stamford Bridge by Drogba's injury-time winner, Bruce set out to do exactly the same.

By the time he got his players back into the dressing room at half-time, things could hardly have gone much better.

The visitors, who replaced Ricardo Carvalho with Ivanovic at the back - perhaps in an attempt to limit the blossoming Bent-Kenwyne Jones partnership - and introduced Ballack, Deco and Salomon Kalou further up the field, understandably dominated possession.

But, crucially, they were unable to make the pressure tell as the Black Cats defended from the front in numbers and with real tenacity. However, they also managed to force their way ahead in what proved to be a rare excursion behind the Chelsea defence.

The visitors may have considered themselves a little unfortunate when Jones' 18th-minute shot on the turn, which was blocked at source by John Terry, ran invitingly into Bent's path.

But Michael Essien was caught cold as the striker, who adopted a position wide on the left for much of the game, pounced to slide a shot past keeper Petr Cech.

Chelsea's response was committed, but largely off-target, Deco sending a 21st-minute snap-shot well wide as Marton Fulop enjoyed a relatively comfortable opening 45 minutes.

However, he needed the help of Lee Cattermole, like Bent making his debut at the Stadium of Light, to preserve his clean sheet seven minutes before the break.

Deco's corner was cleared to Ballack on the edge of the penalty area and his stinging volley looked destined for the back of the net until the midfielder, who had been stationed at the back post for the set-piece, cleared off the line.

The home side left the pitch to warm applause at the break but neither they nor the supporters who cheered their efforts expected anything other than a backlash from the visitors when the teams returned to resume hostilities.

Chelsea picked up exactly where they had left off, pinning Sunderland back and probing for a way through.

Lampard drilled a long-range shot into the side-netting within seconds and then provided the cross from which Ivanovic forced Fulop into his first save of the game with a 49th-minute downward header.

Drogba powered a header just over the bar from the resulting corner and youngster Jordan Henderson got a vital toe to a Lampard cross to deny Ashley Cole a clear sight of goal.

However, the breakthrough finally arrived with 52 minutes gone when Ivanovic climbed to help on Lampard's corner and Ballack steered a left-foot volley past Cattermole, who was unable to repeat his heroics on the post.

Chelsea sensed their opportunity and flexed their muscles once again, and they took the lead only nine minutes later.

Drogba's trickery tempted McCartney into an untidy challenge inside the box and referee Steve Bennett had little choice but to point to the spot. Lampard stepped up to beat Fulop and ease the visitors in front for the first time on the night.

Drogba could have wrapped up the points with 23 minutes remaining but headed Ashley Cole's inviting cross down into the turf and over the bar, but Sunderland's respite was short-lived.

There were 20 minutes remaining when full-back Jose Bosingwa found Deco on the edge of the penalty area, and he took a controlling touch before firing home a third goal off the foot of the post from 18 yards.

Sunderland battled all the way to the whistle but the contest was over long before Bennett put them out of their misery.

I'm a Sunderland supporter who's been going to Roker Park then the SOL for 40 of my 49 years and I've just witnessed the finest performance by any team here.

We started well and the game was evenly poised when Bent opened for us but as soon as you went behind you started to turn the screw.

There were times when the midfield was really crowded but every Chelsea pass found it's mark.

In the second half it was hard to pick out a Chelsea Player OTM as it could have been any one in blue.

When Deco was subbed towards the end of the match he was even given an ovation by us Sunderland fans!!!

Truly outstanding football!!!

I'm a Sunderland supporter who's been going to Roker Park then the SOL for 40 of my 49 years and I've just witnessed the finest performance by any team here.

We started well and the game was evenly poised when Bent opened for us but as soon as you went behind you started to turn the screw.

There were times when the midfield was really crowded but every Chelsea pass found it's mark.

In the second half it was hard to pick out a Chelsea Player OTM as it could have been any one in blue.

When Deco was subbed towards the end of the match he was even given an ovation by us Sunderland fans!!!

Truly outstanding football!!!

Dave,even an old cynic like me has to agree with your assessment.However(not that you're particularly worried ofcourse),I will see if we perform as well at home, in our next game,WITHOUT the space we were afforded at your place.Hull made us look ordinary on Saturday.

A faultless display against an,as usual,well organised Fulham defence.The Drogba/Anelka partnership continues to flourish and,up to now,Drogba's attitude is totally different from the whining,diving tart of last season.He was the Man of the Match yesterday.

Being a local derby,it was never going to be a game full of flowing passes and deft flicks so I thought Ancellotti's midfield selection,with Ballack and Mikel providing sturdy support to Lampard and Malouda, was spot on.

hello chelsea! looking forward to our first premiership encounter when we visit this saturday. if you are in chiang mai get on down to the red lion to see the game and the clarets in thailand. :)

Edited by alant

hello chelsea! looking forward to our first premiership encounter when we visit this saturday. if you are in chiang mai get on down to the red lion to see the game and the clarets in thailand. :D

Nice to see your lads are ruffling a few feathers,mate.I'm based in deepest Kamphaeng Phet and it looks like I will be in Samui this weekend.That's a different time zone up there isn't it? :)

Chelsea 3 Burnley 0

That was probably the easiest days work that the lads will have this season.Burnley came to "attack but defend better than West Brom" but were undone by Chelsea's slick passing and movement.Owen Coyle's noble philosophy will win him plenty of friends but he needs to come to terms with the reality of his situation.That is,he cannot expect to come to Stamford Bridge,Old Trafford,Anfield and the Emirates with that game plan and get anything because his team just aren't good enough.

It was good to see Ashley Cole on the scoresheet and Bosingwa showing glimpses of why he is a Portugese international.There will be,however,much tougher tests to come than this.

It looks certain that the disaster that was Shevchenko is on his way to Kiev.I never wanted him at the Bridge in the first place because,to me,he was in decline before he left AC Milan but you could still hear the 'studio judges' telling us that "he would score goals for fun."It would be laughable if it wasn't for the fact that they're getting paid for it.

Terry pens five-year Chelsea deal :)

Chelsea captain John Terry has signed a new five-year contract which is reported to be worth £150,000 per week.

The defender was the subject of much transfer speculation in the summer, with claims of a £40m bid from Manchester City for the 28-year-old.

A statement on the official Chelsea website stated the club was "delighted" that Terry had signed the new deal.

It added that the move reaffirms the England skipper's desire to end his career at Stamford Bridge.

After prolonged rumours suggesting Terry was considering a move to Manchester City this summer, the centre-back eventually ended his silence by pledging his future to the club in July.

Terry was wanted by City boss Mark Hughes as a key part of the Manchester club's recent revolution that has seen them spend in excess of £120m on the likes of Emmanuel Adebayor, Carlos Tevez, Roque Santa Cruz and Gareth Barry.

It was reported that City were willing to offer Terry £200,000 a week to sign for them. City subsequently turned their attention to alternative defensive targets.

They signed Kolo Toure from Arsenal for £14m on 29 July and Terry's England colleague Joleon Lescott from Everton for £22m on 25 August.

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti said in his first media conference after taking the reigns at the club that he would not consider selling Terry.

It was reported Terry wanted assurances from owner Roman Abramovich that the Londoners were still able to match his own ambitions before committing to the club.

So far this season, Terry has played every minute of Chelsea's 100% start to the season, which has seen them win four straight matches to top the Premier League along with Tottenham.

Terry has been with Chelsea since the age of 14 and has won two Premier League titles, four FA Cups, three League Cups and a Cup Winners Cup in the last 11 years, leading to his nickname of "Mr Chelsea".

He also led Chelsea to the Champions League final against Manchester United in 2008, although his missed penalty in the shoot-out after the teams had fought out a 1-1 extra time draw in Moscow allowed United to lift the European Cup instead.

Terry has made 276 appearances for Chelsea, scoring 17 goals and has been capped 54 times by England since his international debut in 2003.