The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

What on earth is Delph doing in the squad?!!

France on paper look very handy.

Compared to past Azzurri this lot look like a pub team.

delph is one of them hodgson 'big' club picks. noble's clearly had a much better season but delph plays for the big monied teams and hodgson sees these as safer bets for some reason.

I think you guys are being a tad unfair about Delph. Up until his injury (which he got by playing for England BTW which ruled him out of City for months) Delph had played in 6 (I think) England qulaifying matches, with his debut being against Switzerland in 2014. So Roy had been playing him regularly whilst he was at Villa. Therefore, it's nothing to do with him being at a "big" club.

He's probably picked him for his contribution he made for England before getting injured.

I may be wrong and it's only based on seeing a run-down of good goals of the last two seasons, but isn't Delph one of the most prolific scorers of out-of-the-box screamers.

Good to have someone like that in your bench team for the last 15 minutes.

Is he fully fit? - I don't recall seeing him much this calendar, but I thought he was good in the qualifiers (doesn't mean much when you are lined up against nations the size of Swindon).

Think Delphy has been included for his special talent.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/fabian-delph-performed-a-klinsmann-dive-a-celebratory-tumble-for-man-citys-fans-at-sevilla-video/

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am looking forward to the Euro as well. Today Löw announced his 27 man lineup. In 2 weeks he will have to send 4 players home to get the official 23 player squad.

I also went ahead and highlighted who I assume will be our starting line up.

Goal: Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona), Bernd Leno (Bayer Leverkusen)

Defense: Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern), Jonas Hector (1. FC Köln), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke 04), Shkodran Mustafi (FC Valencia), Emre Can (FC Liverpool), Sebastian Rudy (1899 Hoffenheim), Antonio Rüdiger (AS Rom)

Midfield / Attack: Sami Khedira (Juventus Turin), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Mesut Özil (FC Arsenal), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (VfL Wolfsburg), Lukas Podolski (Galatasaray Istanbul), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern), Karim Bellarabi (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Manchester United), Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern), Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Weigl (Borussia Dortmund), Mario Gomez (Besiktas Istanbul), Mario Götze (FC Bayern), Leroy Sané (Schalke 04), André Schürrle (VfL Wolfsburg)

Note how we don't have a real striker...except maybe Gomez, but I was never a fan of him. The only thing I am slightly worried about is our defense. Since Lahm retired from the national team, we are still looking for somebody to fill that spot half as good as he did.

little bit surprised schweinsteiger is considered a starter after the season he has had mate. and yes, definitely lack a top class striker - though possibly muller could play through the middle?

My lineup is based on assuming everybody is 100% fit. If schweinsteiger is fit for the Euros, him and Khedira will be the first line of defense and those two together are pretty good.

Podolski is obviously not the player he once was, but he is an asset to the team. I think ( don't know for sure since I am not part of the team ) he is good for the team morale / spirit. Overall I trust Löws decision. He has been pretty good the past few years tongue.png. Also, how many players do you REALLY need for the tournament? 16? 17?

Edit:

As for striker, yes, Thomas Mueller can do it, so can Mario Goetze. We don't have a real striker, but enough players that can fill that position.

think Townsend ffor wallcott iis a mistake townsends almost a one trick pony ,and relatively easy to stop cuts in on the right and down the outside on the left where he's less than average , theo still has pace to burn down the flank and if need be can be used as striker ,,

^Cheeky bloody Germans, eh NiwPix

Lufthansa advert mocking English supporters

I'll tell ya the Germans have nothing to boast about b Munich fans, what a bunch.of red neck arsenal holes, make our boys look like refined germany must have a bloody good pros team behind. Their football profile. Cos.from what I've seen of German football fans is that they are as rough as fun...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

croatia squad. good midfield there.

Goalkeepers: Danijel Subašić, Lovre Kalinić, Ivan Vargić, Dominik Livaković

Defenders: Darijo Srna, Domagoj Vida, Gordon Schildenfeld, Tin Jedvaj, Vedran Ćorluka, Ivan Strinić, Šime Vrsaljko, Duje Ćaleta-Car

Midfielders: Luka Modrić, Ivan Rakitić, Mateo Kovačić, Milan Badelj, Marcelo Brozović, Alen Halilović, Ante Ćorić, Marko Rog, Domagoj Antolić

Strikers: Marko Pjaca, Ivan Perišić, Mario Mandžukić, Andrej Kramarić, Nikola Kalinić, Duje Čop

^I liked the lufthansa advert, I hope it's a series of adverts.

Yeah, or if British Airways come up with their own version. But I like the kid in that advert...when I have a kid, I can only hope he turns out like that :)

^I liked the lufthansa advert, I hope it's a series of adverts.

Yeah, or if British Airways come up with their own version. But I like the kid in that advert...when I have a kid, I can only hope he turns out like that smile.png

This is still my favourite football advert of all time...

My lineup is based on assuming everybody is 100% fit. If schweinsteiger is fit for the Euros, him and Khedira will be the first line of defense and those two together are pretty good.

Podolski is obviously not the player he once was, but he is an asset to the team. I think ( don't know for sure since I am not part of the team ) he is good for the team morale / spirit. Overall I trust Löws decision. He has been pretty good the past few years tongue.png. Also, how many players do you REALLY need for the tournament? 16? 17?

Edit:

As for striker, yes, Thomas Mueller can do it, so can Mario Goetze. We don't have a real striker, but enough players that can fill that position.

no real strikers, but somehow still managed to put SEVEN behind Brazil....

Edit:

no real strikers, but somehow still managed to put SEVEN behind Brazil....

At that time we still had Klose ;)

No idea what CET is.

Not a problem though as it only effects us England supporters for a week or two.

I think it stands for "Maybe should have done more school than just that Woodwork CSE".....

tongue.png

Archived