The Euro 2016 Thread

Chicog

I Hope Wales Knock Out England out of The Euro On Thursday, Just For The Fun Of It.

I've got a cake and balloons ready. :D
You bored again smokie ?

I trust your other haunt is closed for the night.

No I'm enjoying the football.

Are you?

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel for Ukraine. They deserved a draw IMO.

Neuer is impressive, he really made Germany's day. This team has defensive weaknesses, they're not unbeatable. Kind of the same weaknesses as my own team (France), although I think that Neuer is well above Lloris, which does help cool.png

Strange...the statistic shows Germany clearly deserved the win...but the game I saw looked like they were lucky to win.

Hopefully Hummels is back soon. Also looks like they're they're "slowly" prepping schweinsteigers comeback. Maybe he'll be ready to do full 90 minutes when the knockout round begins.

I miss Lahm and Schmelzer.

Strange...the statistic shows Germany clearly deserved the win...but the game I saw looked like they were lucky to win.

Hopefully Hummels is back soon. Also looks like they're they're "slowly" prepping schweinsteigers comeback. Maybe he'll be ready to do full 90 minutes when the knockout round begins.

Second half Germany totally bossed the game and were worthy winners. Toni Kroos should sign for Spurs! tongue.png

I Hope Wales Knock Out England out of The Euro On Thursday, Just For The Fun Of It.

I've got a cake and balloons ready. biggrin.png

That sounds like a plan,,,, I will bring my knife.. I'll help you cut that cake biggrin.png

Second half Germany totally bossed the game and were worthy winners. Toni Kroos should sign for Spurs! tongue.png

Toni Kroos could sign for anyone.

yes think germany clearly missed the likes of lahm and hummels. they looked strangely leaderless, which is something that hasn't usually mattered to germany teams. starting with goetze up top was an unusual tactic too, could perhaps have benefited from having gomez up there as an actual striker.

toni kroos is an absolute pleasure to watch though. what a graceful, classy footballer he is.

In periods extremely boring to watch Spain play.

They let their opponents run home and establish defensive lines.

The Spaniards walk forward in slow motion, passing short from man to man, in an eternal possession, knowing they sooner or later manage to deliver the decisive pass.

When they finally get the goal, it will be extremely difficult for the other team to get the ball, as the Spaniards technique, ability to slow down the tempo even more, fake injuries, etc, will run down the time.

For people who like to watch this stuff, it must be nothing less than orgasmic.

If the possession is not producing any results, they always have the likes of Pedro, Ramos, etc, who always shamelessly cheat.

Crazy, but not the worst result overall. ROI not going to win tournament but going cause hell on their way.

Cause hell in the pubs, or cause hell against Italy and Belgium?

Have a feeling Italy and Belgium is a little bit better that Sweden.

wink.png

Looking forward to ITA-BEL ... worth a quarter-final already!

Me too, but have some mixed feelings, knowing how those 2 teams played in the last world cup, where both disappointed.

Italy has not been a real threat for some years now, and the Belgian talented squad seem to do it better on individual basis for their respective clubs.

But yes, the quality in players could make it a good match.

Let us all pray and hope Italy NOT get the first goal.

Lukaku will stay at Everton. Who will pay big money for him after this match?

Edit: Origi will stay in the other insignificant club from same city, and for same reason.

Once again, Belgium disapoint.

And Italy do what know best.

Archived