Thai Tour Guide Conned by Arabs

webfact

Thai Tour Guide Conned by Arabs
Story by Albert Jack

ttg.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On May 15 Swanya Saema posted an appeal on the ‘We Love Pattaya’ Facebook page after her brother, a Thai Tour Guide, was tricked out of 7000 Baht by an Arab couple in Pratumnak Hill, Pattaya.

A clip showed twenty-four year old victim Winai Ploykamol browsing in 7/11 on Soi 5, Pratumnak when he was approached by an Arab man, who as with his wife and child, and asked for help in using Thai banknotes.

He later informed reporters that he was buying items close to his hotel when the Arab family asked for his help and as a Tour Guide felt it was his duty to assist the tourists. However, after showing the man notes from his own pocket the Arab man tricked him by pretending to study the money carefully before handing back Mr Ploykamol’s wallet.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224339/thai-tour-guide-conned-arabs/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-17

7000 in his wallet. Good going for a lad.

Nasty sting by those Arabs, they should be able to behave better than that. After all, Arabs richer than farangs aren't they?

Not uncommon for a tourguide.. they get money from tour companies to pay all the expenses their clients make during their trips. I feel for this guy i hate thieves no matter what nationality they are. I feel Dutch thieves are the worst.