Visakha Bucha Day - alcohol & clubs

bbi1

Friday 20th is the religious holiday day where alcohol won't be served, well, maybe except Pattaya. Will clubs in BKK be opened on Friday night & be able to sell alcohol after 12:01am? Eg. RCA?

I don't drink or frequent bars, so it does not affect me, but it just shows you again the Thai mentality of shutting down places where alcohol is served in the name of religion.

I think it is wrong to shut down bars when tourists travel all the way to Thailand for holidays, then find that on one or two nights they cannot go out for their entertainment.

As I have a vested interest I am not allowed to post a link, but there is a web page that keeps track of bar closure days.

I think a Google/Yahoo/Bing search using these key words will do: Bar closures Thailand

Edited by MrDK

I don't drink or frequent bars, so it does not affect me, but it just shows you again the Thai mentality of shutting down places where alcohol is served in the name of religion.

I think it is wrong to shut down bars when tourists travel all the way to Thailand for holidays, then find that on one or two nights they cannot go out for their entertainment.

So in Western Christian countries, are bars, night clubs etc open on Good Friday ?

So in Western Christian countries, are bars, night clubs etc open on Good Friday ?

Yes pubs and clubs are open on Good Friday incidentally supermarkets are not open on Easter Sunday pubs and clubs are.

Aye lad. In the West we have the balls and freedoms to tell our jumped up politicians/religious leaders what to do with their archaic laws if we fancy a pint....

The last time I recall widespread pub closures in the UK was on the day of the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, and even then it was voluntary (couldn't see that happening in Thailand - too many stuffed shirts who get a perk-on inflicting their wills on the masses)

Aye lad. In the West we have the balls and freedoms to tell our jumped up politicians/religious leaders what to do with their archaic laws if we fancy a pint....

The last time I recall widespread pub closures in the UK was on the day of the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales, and even then it was voluntary (couldn't see that happening in Thailand - too many stuffed shirts who get a perk-on inflicting their wills on the masses)

Someone above your post says that pubs & clubs are closed for Easter.

Try re-reading that one pal! He said supermarkets sometimes close but even they don't close for Easter anymore.....

I believe they are in the UK.

Yes. In the US, the only days that bars and nightclubs are closed are on the days that the ownership decides it wants to be closed. Every day of the year, including major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, you'll find drinking establishments that are open.

The someone above has got it wrong, I worked as a musician all my adult life in the UK, and I do not

remember being told a gig is off in any club during Easter.

Most western countries have complete freedom of religion.

But "ordinary" guys can't get laid

Edited by Agent Sumo

But "ordinary" guys can't get laid

What is an ordinary guy? I never had any problem getting laid, but then, I am tall, slim and handsome, but probably an ordinary guy.

Edited by possum1931

Given your avatar I'm surprised that you don't know pubs close early evening on Christmas Eve and don't reopen until early evening on St Stephens day if at all and good Friday is also a closed day and where does this happen?

Yes you've guessed it Ireland!!

Given your avatar I'm surprised that you don't know pubs close early evening on Christmas Eve and don't reopen until early evening on St Stephens day if at all and good Friday is also a closed day and where does this happen?

Yes you've guessed it Ireland!!

Ah! but I'm Scottish.