Great Breakfast Buffet that's not in a hotel

NancyL

>>Maybe if you feel that strong about non buffet restaurants you could start a thread about them.<<

I now avoid any type of buffet .It tends to bring out the pig in people .If you go to any of those Thai buffet places ,notice the amount of grossly overweight Thais .

That is not starting a thread about non buffet restaurants.

I will bow to your expertise on the Thai buffets. I don't go to them.

You apparently you are an expert on them.

I await your thrilling thread on non buffet restaurants.

In the mean time on June the 3 there will be a great

western buffet at 9:30 in the morning at the River Market.

300 baht for non CEC members 250 baht for members.

Cheap for what you get.

I do hope you come so you can give an informed report on it.

Edited by northernjohn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tell Dave not to waste his money. No need to heat the beans. Just open the can and dump onto the plate. Commence to enjoy.

Now that is real 'culinary knowledge'.

Dave always likes a challenge in preparing a new dish.

I'm going to suggest he just opens the can and leaves it sitting on the buffet and people can serve themselves straight out of the can. That way they'll know they're getting the "real thing" and not some abomination that Dave has polluted with bacon, ham, molasses and brown sugar.

I can't imagine baked beans without ham and bacon. Just tomatoes, some herbs, garlic, maybe onion and Worcester sauce and Tabasco sauce.

Sounds like beans in ketchup to me.

Yes, it's baked BEANs, beans in sauce. You eat it along with bacon, ham or sausages.

What you are talking about sounds like some form of Mexican burrito filling, the only thing you missed from your version was deep frying it in breadcrumbs and serving with spray cheese from a can :)

<edit>

Sorry my post may have came across as a bit strong or perhaps insulting. Not my intent, its all tongue-in-cheek :)

Edited by Aussie69

An aside, but involving Dave. What the story on the USA July 4th mid-day buffet event this year, often held at River Market? I've heard zip lately.

Now there is 'overeat city'.

Dave claims he's not doing a public 4th of July party at River Market this year.

>>I do hope you come so you can give an informed report on it.<<

June the 3 rd ,9.30 pm ,I will pass on it .By 9.30 am i will have already eaten ,and be watering my garden around that time .The garden is a piece of bliss and tranquility far away from the noisy chattering classes .