2 professors shot to death at college in eastern Bangkok

webfact

Loss of face? Reason to kill someone?

Would Buddha have countenanced this? I think not. Morality not taught from young age by parents or education system?

Sadly, a sign of a deeply troubled society, despite their professed following of Buddhist teachings.

And the alleged shooter taught Buddhist Philosophy? He obviously did not seem to learn from his teachings.

What has Buddha go to do with this?

Pathetic that some people actually think ALL Thais are strict Buddhists.

It's like say after a school shooting in the USA , would Christ have condoned it. Can't you see the faulty thinking?

Jeez..read what I said NOT what you think I said. coffee1.gif

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lots of talk in another thread about Premeditated Murder.

Class! Hands up all those who think the murderer went to see his friends and colleagues packing a gun without any prior intent.

I remember reading a few years back it was estimated around 65% of Thai Men suffered anxiety.

It is not good. All these guns.

Would Buddha have countenanced this? I think not. Morality not taught from young age by parents or education system?

Sadly, a sign of a deeply troubled society, despite their professed following of Buddhist teachings.

And the alleged shooter taught Buddhist Philosophy? He obviously did not seem to learn from his teachings.

It's like say after a school shooting in the USA , would Christ have condoned it. Can't you see the faulty thinking?

Jeez..read what I said NOT what you think I said. coffee1.gif

I did read what you said and think it's a load of codswallop.

No stupid smiley from me.

The Thai habit of extreme retaliation for a loss of face crosses all SES and academic strata, apparently...

The weak ego of the Thais is amazing...you would think an academic could stand an verbal argument...

Seriously, Thais are in such a state of arrested development...e disre

In the states it would be called you hurt my pride so here take these 2 44 sluggs and see how that affects your pride, the other would be he disrespected me take this. He maddoged me take this bang bang

Shooter was a teacher of Buddhist Philosophy if u read the post

Have you ever heard of Catholic priests raping or sexually molesting young children? Or muslim mullah suicide bombers? So is that also.... Sadly, a sign of a deeply troubled society, despite their professed following of Christian or Islam teachings??

Somebody got an 'F' grade and didn't like it. tongue.png

Although seriously, more likely to be linked to some form of corruption and embezzling of the budget.

Why is it likely to be connected to corrupt activities and stealing the university's budget? Your batty comment is suspiciously specific.

It is likely because this is Thailand?

Class! Hands up all those who think the murderer went to see his friends and colleagues packing a gun without any prior intent.

I remember reading a few years back it was estimated around 65% of Thai Men suffered anxiety.

I would say that could be right, but it also applies to many other countries.

The rate of mental disorder in Thailand is, however huge. And ignored/denied for idealogical reasons.

Thais are happy, Buddhists are happy, Thais are unique because,... ergo, no mental health problems.

Load of old nonsense.

Winnie

The rate of mental disorder in Thailand is, however huge. And ignored/denied for idealogical reasons.

Thais are happy, Buddhists are happy, Thais are unique because,... ergo, no mental health problems.

Load of old nonsense.

Winnie

No mental health problems! 5555. Have you seen Thai soap operas.

Half the country is on prozac and the other half on the p1ss.

Although seriously, more likely to be linked to some form of corruption and embezzling of the budget.

Why is it likely to be connected to corrupt activities and stealing the university's budget? Your batty comment is suspiciously specific.

It is not a batty comment, in this corruption riddled third world country, probably committed by some one who went through the education system here and left as dumb as when he entered it.

I read, I believe in a Bangkok Post piece on this,, that it started with a heated debate between professors that escalated.

F.A.C.E.

the good old (feadal) way to get killed around here giggle.gif

Police declined to comment is somewhat unusual as they normally issue a very quick statement to list several potential motives.

..I like it when they say nothing at all..the way it should be...instead of cow towering to the Press all the time.

Load of old nonsense.

Winnie

No mental health problems! 5555. Have you seen Thai soap operas.

Yup.

Winnie

U are sooooo wrong !!! 1/4th on prozac, 1/4th on boose and 1 /4th on BOTH. the other 1/4th is living on rice and fermented fish sauce and has the brain of a bird coffee1.gif

(just kiddin', i'm sure there's 1/4th who's doing just fine and dandy but i keep those objective compliments for other sites than TVF)

tongue.png

I think we may have found our suspectclap2.gif

U are sooooo wrong !!! 1/4th on prozac, 1/4th on boose and 1 /4th on BOTH. the other 1/4th is living on rice and fermented fish sauce and has the brain of a bird coffee1.gif

(just kiddin', i'm sure there's 1/4th who's doing just fine and dandy but i keep those objective compliments for other sites than TVF)

tongue.png

Nothing wrong with having the brain of a bird, people are people and all people have the same intrinsic value - in my opinion.

What annoys me is people who subject other people to unrelenting propaganda to make them think they're something other than what they are. But it isn't the fault of the propagandee, it's the fault of the propagandisers for taking egregious advantage of an uneducated and superstitious people in a cynical attempt to restore what time had made obsolete and to feather the 0.1% of nests in the country.

And it's still going on, whatever fictions and outright lies are told, the purpose of the 2 last coups was to ensure that the processes continues unabated for the benefit of the same old dogs who do not wish to give up the bone they awarded themselves. I do not believe it can be rehabilitated - partially because it has created the Thailand and the Thais we can all see and it has gone too far for remedy by correction to the course of the exercise. Incidents like at the University are merely symptomatic of the malaise which has been foisted upon the Thai people by others who have no morals and no principles, and whose only ethic is to steal more and more. For these people, enough is never and never will be, enough. So much for 'por-jai'.

I believe incidents like these will become more and more frequent and more and more extreme until the whole thing explodes or regresses back to the stone age.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Colleges in thailand have big gang problems among the students. It's a big problem here. Unheard of in the states.

Yet this has nothing to do with student gangs.

It was a Professor who shot 2 lecturers.

Motive apparently an argument.

Colleges in thailand have big gang problems among the students. It's a big problem here. Unheard of in the states.

Yet this has nothing to do with student gangs.

It was a Professor who shot 2 lecturers.

Motive apparently an argument.

One would have expected more from academicians at this level. That it happened at all is symptomatic of a collapsed education system, a failed cultural system and the stresses of a collapsing economy.

Keep watching, there's going to be more.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

"Hello,Mom?"

"Hello Honey, how are things at the University?"

"A man walked into the room and shot two professors dead right before my eyes."

"Sh*t, are those the one's I gave all that money to so you can graduate?"

Gang shootings unheard of in US schools and collages....what are the reasons for the mass shootings in these establishments there then ? Please supply your own carpet to sweep this issue under.

tongue.png

Hang on there for a minute. What many people seem to ignore is the fact that Thais are always supposed to remain calm no matter what. Imagine what effect this has on the brain. Research has shown that If you have to hide all your emotions all your life it will have a very damaging effect on the brain/self esteem. I guess this is also the reason why they explode if they become really angry. Think about it. Can you imagine never getting angry, upset, sad? It must be horrible. Perhaps this is also the reason why they let of steam in groups, good examples being the recent attacks in Hua Hin and the coppers sons who chopped the disabled guy to death. Throw in the constant noise of barking dogs that keep whole streets up many a nights, trucks with huge soundsystems driving through the soi all day, the yabba guys who play Isaan techno all day long and lots of other noise pollution that would drive any sane person over the edge. Don't forget the heat, the corruption, the toxicity of the food being cooked in aluminium pots and pans, the neighbours who burn their plastic every night, the amounts of sugar consumed, booze, drugs, bs on tv, unaware driving.....I have to stop there, the list is endless. It's actually quite a hard job being Thai and I have to say that I am really surprised that the amount of madness is not much higher than it is. To be able to live with so much bs Thai people have to be very tough. Not to forget the crazy farangs who actually live here voluntarily. Anyone who survives all of this without losing his marbles or his life is either a genius or a very lucky person and when you have survived it and look back at it all in years to come you will burst out laughing. It's time for some peacefulness again

Edited by DaveinAsia

The Thai habit of extreme retaliation for a loss of face crosses all SES and academic strata, apparently...

The weak ego of the Thais is amazing...you would think an academic could stand an verbal argument...

Seriously, Thais are in such a state of arrested development...

you are actually correct, a land full of child mentalities with lethal adult "toys" a very dangerous combination in a land were laws and punnishment are not fully established or enforced, maybe in 50 years someone will get it - it cannot go on like this

The shooter was identified as 60 year-old Dr Wanchai Danaitamonut who lectured in Buddhist Philosophy at the institute. The two deceased were shot while invigilating an exam. Police have already found Danaitamonut's abandoned car.

TD7gOjU.jpg

Wanchai Danaitamonut

If he already has a police mugshot, then quite possibly he has killed or maimed before in a rage?

The shooter was identified as 60 year-old Dr Wanchai Danaitamonut who lectured in Buddhist Philosophy at the institute. The two deceased were shot while invigilating an exam. Police have already found Danaitamonut's abandoned car.

Wanchai Danaitamonut

If he already has a police mugshot, then quite possibly he has killed or maimed before in a rage?

Er, no.

Have you never seen a Thai ID Card?

Didn't take long for the Tvf detectives to come up with their nonsense theories.

CSI TV is always ready to solve crimes.