Cyclist Crushed by Truck After Misjudging Move

webfact

From watching the video it appears that the lorry driver didn't even notice the accident happen therefore he is not responsible in any way. Running over a person's head would be like running over a water melon, unnoticeable.

Maybe not if they were wearing a helmet. coffee1.gif. (Sometimes I can't contain it)

Edited by silent

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleeing the scene again.

They should bring in a law, making it a more serious crime than it is already, but we know they won't.

I doubt the truck driver was even aware someone had gone under his wheel. Your head wouldn't give the truck to many problems.

Fleeing the scene again.

They should bring in a law, making it a more serious crime than it is already, but we know they won't.

I doubt the truck driver was even aware someone had gone under his wheel. Your head wouldn't give the truck to many problems.

If you read a previous post of mine, I indicated that I was not the reporter. I merely went from what was printed in the newspaper article.

I think your head would have written off the truck.

Was he wearing a helmet?

Dr Henry Marsh is probably England's # 1 neurosurgeon is also a keen cyclist - but he never wears a helmet because he says it's a waste of timeohmy.png

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10866273/Cycle-helmets-are-useless-says-brain-surgeon.html

He may be a great neurosurgeon but with that statement it also shows that he isalso a qualified DUMB A"S

The guy is wearing black at night , no lights ,on a bicycle and passing trucks in the fast lane in Bangkok! Obviously personal safety is the last thing on his mind. You might even think he had a death wish. My gosh it came true. Unbelievable!

cycling at night - wearing black - appearing to have no reflector or rear indictor lights.....I have seen this so many times on the roads here, I just can't fathom the un-common sense of it.... in both Thai and Farang.

Splitting lanes with a dump truck at night on a bicycle, maybe not such a good idea.

Riding a bike in Bangkok is very foolish during the day. At night it is idiotic.

I'm stunned that bicycles in Bangkok have no proper front and back light at night. Just a silly blinking led at the front or rear.

Safety means they must be seen from other traffic participants. This is more important than wearing a helmet.

Some bicycles even ignore the rules of traffic lights....

Thai don't need no freaking lights, they have good eyes which see very well in the dark...now why would they spend money on lights?rolleyes.gif

Cycling in Thailand is one of the worst things you could possibly do. If the pollution doesn't get you, the crazy motor vehicles will. Accident or not, why would you trust that others on the road will give way to you, IF they even see you?

looks to me like no rear lights on bicycle or motorbike, but nice the motorbike fled the scene, the lorry driver may have not even noticed so could have a valid excuse or with the size of potholes here assumed it was that, I have little sympathy as its a daily occurrence easily preventable in 99% of cases

Splitting lanes with a dump truck at night on a bicycle, maybe not such a good idea.

Riding a bike in Bangkok is very foolish during the day. At night it is idiotic.

I'm stunned that bicycles in Bangkok have no proper front and back light at night. Just a silly blinking led at the front or rear.

Safety means they must be seen from other traffic participants. This is more important than wearing a helmet.

Some bicycles even ignore the rules of traffic lights....

the blinking leds are a very good way to show others u r there and are very bright.