Renewal-extension Non Immigrant O (Guardian) visa

I'm about to renew/extend my non immigrant O visa for Guardians.

1. I've got the paper work from the School for my son. And for me being his guardian.

2. I've got a certified copy (by the embassy) of his birth certificate showing I'm his father.

3. I've got over 500k in the bank in my name (been that way for the last 3 months)

4. photo copies of all relevant pages from my passport and his passport

5. Receipt showing my sons tuition fees have been paid one year in advance

6. I will get the bank to write what my current balance in my bank account is.

My two questions are

1. Do I need to get a certificate of residency from the Government office in Promenada Mall before I get the visa renewal?

2. Our visas expire around 16 June. Can I go now for renewal/extension?

• Like 1

You could of posted in this topic you did last month. Gardian/Caretaker visas 2016 immigration rules

Again I will state you are applying for an extension of stay (not a visa) based upon being the parent of a child attending school. There is no guardian visa or extension.

You do not need a certificate of residency but you will need proof of your residence. Normally a rental agreement with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached is needed.

You can apply for the extension now since you are within the last 30 day of your current extension.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I found this thread looking for information on the requirements for the extension of stay for being a guardian of a child attending school.

I have a question regarding the requirement to have 500K in thai bank.  Is it possible to instead show Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family ) ?  I found this on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

If it is does anyone know what this would entail?  (for example last 3 months bank statements showing income)

Thanks!

4 hours ago, NCNC said:

Hi,

I found this thread looking for information on the requirements for the extension of stay for being a guardian of a child attending school.

I have a question regarding the requirement to have 500K in thai bank.  Is it possible to instead show Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family ) ?  I found this on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

If it is does anyone know what this would entail?  (for example last 3 months bank statements showing income)

Thanks!

You must have the 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days (first extension after that 90 days) to apply for an extension of stay based being the parent of a child attending school at an immigration office.

The MFA info is only to apply for a visa at an embassy or consulate.

• Like 1