Embassy Letter, Proof Of Income

Hi knowledgeable ones :D (yes it was hintet at you lop.)

I would like to know how many days/years the letter from my embassy stating my pension as proof of income is vallid.

i.e. do I need a new one every year, and if, how many months in advance can i obtain it from my embassy/consulate?

I just got one now to finance some stuff (paeng mak), and my visa reneval is due in feb. 07

Morty :o

How good is your luck? I get each year immediately before I visit immigration but understand being in Bangkok helps in that regard. Some have been able to use for many years. But from recent wording of Sunbelt posts I would guess that we may be needing a new one each year more often. Am not aware of any time limit but bank letter is usually regarded as one week so expect it would be at least that long and suspect a month, or even current year would probably be accepted by most officers.

Short answer; I don't know and don't know that there is an answer.

I would like to know how many days/years the letter from my embassy stating my pension as proof of income is vallid.

i.e. do I need a new one every year, and if, how many months in advance can i obtain it from my embassy/consulate?

I just got one now to finance some stuff (paeng mak), and my visa reneval is due in feb. 07

Morty :o

Depends on the officier. Most cases its ok to use the one from the year before. Other times, they want you to renew it.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

How good is your luck? I get each year immediately before I visit immigration but understand being in Bangkok helps in that regard. Some have been able to use for many years. But from recent wording of Sunbelt posts I would guess that we may be needing a new one each year more often. Am not aware of any time limit but bank letter is usually regarded as one week so expect it would be at least that long and suspect a month, or even current year would probably be accepted by most officers.

Short answer; I don't know and don't know that there is an answer.

tnx for your prompt response, I think I will pit on my hansum man look and try with the latest letter I have.

BTW. I would have thought you knew the answer, but it might be as Sunbelt says, there are no rules

:o

Keep up the good work!

Morty

What do the UK Embassey need , so they can provide me a letter of proof of income?

The UK Embassy will require documentary evidence supporting your income claim.

There is no 'Honour Code' as with the US Embassy, if indeed that system is still in place...

What do the UK Embassey need , so they can provide me a letter of proof of income?

You need to be registerred at the Embassy in BKK

You need to provide them with your passport or at leats a copy.

You need to provide them with originals of income satements/contracts that will enable them to verify that you have a regular yearly/monthly income of XXX baht

Thye will appreciate copies of the riginals for their records and return the originals to you

Also the charge nearly 1.800 baht to issue the letter which will state your nationality passport number adress in thailand and your monthly income in baht

Morty :D

I have been using the original for years but bring a current bank statement showing the direct deposit of pension check and SS to my credit union.Go tomorrow and will see if it still works. :o:D:D:D