I need a battery charger

JAS21

hi all

I am in bkk and or Pattaya and trying to find a trickle charger to hook.up for 6 months, any hints on where to find would be appreciated. Now in Samut Prakan looking but only finding regular chargers so far...

Thanks in advance

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

@kuma

If the battery on the vehicle you have now is not in need of charging,  then disconnect,  get it checked and fully charged and for just 6 month it'll be fine. 

Kwasaki

Hey thanks for that. I have suspended looking for a trickle charger after today, no luck.

Will do as you suggest, it is in top shape now, so will disconnect and store in an appropriate place til I get back.

Cheers

On 8/1/2017 at 2:59 PM, kuma said:

hi all

I am in bkk and or Pattaya and trying to find a trickle charger to hook.up for 6 months, any hints on where to find would be appreciated. Now in Samut Prakan looking but only finding regular chargers so far...

Thanks in advance

We're in 2017. Shopping is done online ;)

http://www.lazada.co.th/ctek-mxs-50-222674.html

Edited by mortenaa

Maybe Pib could comment on this …

I hadn’t used the Everest for a while so put the CTEK on the battery and left it for about three days.

Yesterday evening I checked the voltage at 13.2something V… and then removed the charger. I noticed some white deposit on the charger –ve terminal and it had attacked the clip. A tinge of blue so guess it was Copper Sulphate. The bonnet had been open all the time so it is possible that a very light mist of rain water could have blown over the engine when it was rainy and windy. There was no deposit on the –ve battery  terminal. I have left the charger my batteries before and under the same roof but never noticed any deposit on the charger terminal. I suppose that it is possible that the -ve terminal clip picked up a tiny deposit from another battery terminal that did have a small amount of white residue. 

Mid afternoon the battery voltage was showing 12.94V. I unlocked the car and switched on the lights for a short time, then re-locked the car.  Battery voltage was then showing 12.51V.

Two hours later the battery voltage had recovered to 12.90V.

Measurements with my Fluke which I suspect could be reasonably accurate.  

By the way ... On a previous comment of yours ... the 666 was actually the supposedly measured CCA

Edited by JAS21