Best way to get rid of cockroaches?

SS1

What is the best way to get rid of cockroaches from my condo? They are mostly around the kitchen and livingroom. We keep places clean and empty the bins daily.. I have tried poisoning them with a spray but it only seems to work temporarily, even when I try to spray every corner of the house. There will always be some hiding somewhere that start to make more baby cockroaches in a few days.

I also bought those little disks that you put on the floor but they don't really seem interested.

Any efficient trap or something that I can use to kill the whole population in my condo?

I would check your drain covers as it is the most easiest way that they can move from condo to condo. You keep your condo clean but that does not mean your neighbours are doing the same. Also keep your eyes open for little almost 1cm brown/black cocoons as these hold the eggs of the cockroach. Keeping cockroach numbers down is an uphill struggle and will never really be achieved. Just keep cans of the bug spray on and and maybe put bleach down the drains and hopefully this will give you some peace of mind.

If you are keeping your place clean and free from loose garbage and food leftovers, then I would guess the whole building in infested with roaches, probably climbing up through cavities from the ground floor.

Even if you put down traps of some sorts they will soon be replaced by other roaches from other parts of the building. I think your best way is to have some words with your neighbours and ask if they are having similar problems and if they are then take it up with your managing agents. If you are renting then talk to the landlord. The problem has to be sorted from the source of where they are entering the building and treated accordingly by a professional pest extermination company.

If you are keeping your place clean and free from loose garbage and food leftovers, then I would guess the whole building in infested with roaches, probably climbing up through cavities from the ground floor.

Even if you put down traps of some sorts they will soon be replaced by other roaches from other parts of the building. I think your best way is to have some words with your neighbours and ask if they are having similar problems and if they are then take it up with your managing agents. If you are renting then talk to the landlord. The problem has to be sorted from the source of where they are entering the building and treated accordingly by a professional pest extermination company.

Which is nice but suspect it will take only a few neighbours to do nothing and the problem will continue..............he could try stirfrylaugh.png

Yep - every room in the condo building every month using an insecticide with a good residual action (long lasting - leaves a white residue after spraying) and don't clean the floors for a few days after spraying.

The eggs are pesticide proof, which is why regular spraying is needed.

If management will not spray all condos, then spray a wide band around the wall/floor junction of all rooms and under doors, and spray in the drains and get out the condo for a while to let the air clear. Do not clean the floors for a week. Repeat again at least once every month.

Leave sink and bath plugs closed when you are out and at night.

Traps do not work as a control, but they are a way to see if your spraying is working.

Every western country has a very lethal roach killer being sold in any supermarket, the one that are being sold here are useless and very old

formulas, Ask a bring a couple of cans back with you on your next trip home or ask a friend to bring you some...

Every western country has a very lethal roach killer being sold in any supermarket, the one that are being sold here are useless and very old

formulas, Ask a bring a couple of cans back with you on your next trip home or ask a friend to bring you some...

Not sure if you can still carry aerosols (you mention cans) on planes anymore. Can anyone confirm?

I had a bag held up some years ago because there were two aerosol samples in it. I did not find out until I waited for my second bag at the end of the journey. They had to remove them and sent the bag on a later flight. This was at a Chinese airport as well.

I think your can get the 'smoke bomb' type foggers at Home Pro. Clear the center of the room, open all internal doors including cupboard doors and drawers. Cover eating plates, cups and eating utensils. Close all external doors and windows. Fans and air conditioning turned off. Place a small ovenproof bowl in the middle of the room with about 1 cm of water in it (the fogger gets hot). Pop the tab on the can and place in the bowl. Retreat to the door and check to see it start fogging. When it does, leave, lock the door and stay away for 6 hours.

Come back, sweep up all the bodies, wipe down only the surfaces you will be handling food on or doing personal hygiene on, like the kitchen work surfaces, sink, wash hand basin, shaving stand in the bathroom, makeup table, etc.. Wait 2-3 days before mopping the floors.

Also listen to your neighbors suddenly complaining about a surge in cockroaches.

I agree with other posters that it really needs a building-wide approach from the management. You should take it up with the building management company. At my condo, they fumigate the drains every month.

I would check your drain covers as it is the most easiest way that they can move from condo to condo. You keep your condo clean but that does not mean your neighbours are doing the same. Also keep your eyes open for little almost 1cm brown/black cocoons as these hold the eggs of the cockroach. Keeping cockroach numbers down is an uphill struggle and will never really be achieved. Just keep cans of the bug spray on and and maybe put bleach down the drains and hopefully this will give you some peace of mind.

I am in and out of the country quite frequently, and the best way I found to avoid roaches entering my unit is indeed to cover/block all drains (including the sinks). When I come home after being away for some time, I boil water with a kettle, and then when I open the drains again, pour in the boiling water to afford those potential roaches hiding inside the drain a pleasant hot shower, followed by some BAYGON spraying into the drain. So far, I am very pleased with my results. never found roaches again after being away for a while

I remember a sudden torrential rainstorm in Bangkok last year which quickly flooded sukhumvit - wife and I took refuge in a coffee shop and I then carried her piggy back to Asok. We then saw the roaches, literally hundreds had climbed to safety, clinging to posts, walls, anything. And lots of screaming Thai women lol

I find the other way. Poison on sale here is much more powerful than in the west, where they are forbidden due to stricter regulations.

Boric acid powder mix with water, seal all cochrocher hiding places with silicon pasta, darns cover, pipes inlets regular insect spraying. Poisonous Roach Baits. Door/floor flap seal in all doors. Edited by evilebxxx

Keep the place scrupulously clean.

Wash up immediately after eating. Leave nothing open for them to eat. Rubbish tied and disposed of asap.

A kettle of boiling water twice a day down every drain.

Spray behind all cupboards and around all possible entry points.

If going away for a few days a thorough spray everywhere.

Hire a professional. Anything else is not going to work well or for long. I just moved from one house to another. The new one uses an exterminator. On occasion I see bugs on their backs dying. The old place I tried everything but never completely gor rid of them.

Get a company to come and spray the condo. For a year it is around Baht 8,000 but tey come every couple of months and spray everywhere. We have it done at the house and we have not seen one roach other than the odd one in the drive on its back dead

cockroaches like to eat sweet things, the same as ants. put six teaspoonfuls of baking soda and six teaspoons of confectioner's sugar on a flat plate or tray and sprinkle some water droplets on the misture to make it moist. when they consume it, the baking soda explodes their stomach and they are hgoners. I use the same mixture for ants that kept getting in my house. At the end of the week, millions of dead ants and no more problem. Check it out on google.com

I think your can get the 'smoke bomb' type foggers at Home Pro. Clear the center of the room, open all internal doors including cupboard doors and drawers. Cover eating plates, cups and eating utensils. Close all external doors and windows. Fans and air conditioning turned off. Place a small ovenproof bowl in the middle of the room with about 1 cm of water in it (the fogger gets hot). Pop the tab on the can and place in the bowl. Retreat to the door and check to see it start fogging. When it does, leave, lock the door and stay away for 6 hours.

Come back, sweep up all the bodies, wipe down only the surfaces you will be handling food on or doing personal hygiene on, like the kitchen work surfaces, sink, wash hand basin, shaving stand in the bathroom, makeup table, etc.. Wait 2-3 days before mopping the floors.

Also listen to your neighbors suddenly complaining about a surge in cockroaches.

Whats about the smoke detector?wink.png

Years ago,i lived on a very nice estate,on Nermplab wan.the hoses were ll bungalow type.The drains ran under the house from back to front.Once a month a few buddys and their girls would come over for 'Cock Roach death night'.The girls would go and sit around the pool,eating and chatting.We would sink a few beers and i would slightly lift the back yard manhole cover.I,then would spay a canister or two of roach spray(bug be gone or something) down the man hole.We would wait a few minutes and then go to the front of the house and do the same with the front manhole.Each of us would be armed with a flip flop.When the Roaches ran out we would set about slapping down the little darling's..it was fun,especially when youve had a few.i was surprised to find out that they aren't that quick and can easily be squashed.There were hundreds of them. it was fun

and a good social night to boot.

now,if there are any Cock Roach protection leagues out there ready to condemn my cruelty...Save it!