Patong Mayor stays firm on Paradise Beach building demolition

rooster59

Patong Mayor stays firm on Paradise Beach building demolition

Suthicha Sirirat

post-247607-0-38664000-1463871830_thumb.

PHUKET: The mayor of Patong Municipality, Chalermluk Kepsap, yesterday (May 20) stated that the demolition of a building at Paradise Beach at the south end of Patong will still need to go ahead as the land owner’s SorKor1 document is unclear and because the building sits in a land reform area.

However, prior to Mayor Chalermluk statement, a legal representative of the company who leases the land, Paradise Beach Management Company, held a press conference in which they stated the building is legal and that they are prepared to take legal action against Patong Municipality regarding the matter.
Speaking to The Phuket News yesterday Mayor Chalermluk said, “Regarding the building at Paradise Beach, Paradise Beach Management Company failed to convince us that the SorKor1 document numbered 276 that they hold is in fact for the land where the structure sits.
“Neither the Provincial Land office nor Kathu Land Office could confirm that the Sorkor1 relates to the land in question. They could only confirm the existence of it,” she said.
“We have asked Paradise Beach Management Company to bring more proof of land ownership, and also requested that the actual land owner and owner of neighbouring land come forward. This has not happened.
“In addition, the land official who has told Paradise Beach Management Company that the land document is legal is in fact from another district.
“I am certain that the Sorkor1 document held by Paradise Beach Management Company is for the land where the building sits and that the land is within land reform territory. Furthermore, the court has already issued an order that the claimant of the SorPorKor abandon the site.
“All information held by my office is clear, so why should we allow any building to be constructed there?
“Paradise Beach Management Company’s paperwork is incomplete and the committee overseeing the issue has no voted for the building to be demolished,” she added.
At the press conference held by Paradise Beach Management Company’s legal representative Mr Nathat Prasetnatikul, he said, “Paradise Beach Management Company made a request for a building permit in Aug 2015 and Patong Municipality accepted all relevant documents on September 4. However, they later informed that the paperwork was incomplete and that additional documents were required.
“On October 22, Mayor Chalermluk issued a letter to the Provincial Land Office and Agricultural Land Reform Office (ALRO) requesting they investigate the Paradise Beach land and confirm whether it falls within forest land or land reform territory,” Mr Nathat said.
“Then on November 3, Mayor Chalermluk told Paradise Beach Management Company that they needed 45 days more to reexamine all the documents,
tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-05-22

Will he really stay firm or will it become the Thai version of such a stance ?

The mayor of Patong is a woman FYI... Surin Beach was cleared of all the beach clubs, so why not Paradise Beach?

Edited by Jimi007

Will he really stay firm or will it become the Thai version of such a stance ?

The mayor of Patong is a woman FYI... Surin Beach was cleared of all the beach clubs, so why not Paradise Beach?

I think that the situation at Surin Beach was more straightforward. Some of the buildings were actually built by (and owned by) the local government to aid the locals after the tsunami. It shouldn't have taken as long as it did to demolish the buildings there, but it's obvious some kind of deal was struck to delay demolition to the end of high season.

The owner of the land has not come forward as requested. Perhaps he doesn't want to be recognisedgigglem.gif

The land "owner" was identified by name in one of the PG articles referenced in another thread.

There seem to be two issues: (1) the SorKor1 for the land does not specify the actual plot of land, and (2) it is suspected that some of this land is actually SorPorKor land, which is under control of the Land Reform Committee, cannot be sold, and can be used only for agricultural purposes.

The people who have NOT been publicly identified, afaik, are the owners and investors in Paradise Beach Management Co, Ltd - the people who are leasing the land, have constructed buildings, and are operating a business on the land in question.

Blame it on the builder, hey couldn't find the correct site on the document, so picked a closer spot..........case solved - demolish it and the owners charge the builder.giggle.gif

Demolition will be delayed forever.

Do you mean like what took place at Surin Beach? I think PB is doomed.

Yes, you might be correct. Many of us were very sceptical of the Surin demolition, but it did take nearly 2 years. Land title is much more complex at PB ...

Demolition will be delayed forever.

Do you mean like what took place at Surin Beach? I think PB is doomed.

Yes, you might be correct. Many of us were very sceptical of the Surin demolition, but it did take nearly 2 years. Land title is much more complex at PB ...

Well well ... demolition order posted. Well done army ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/919556-paradise-beach-demolition-order-posted/?p=10779234

Well well ... demolition order posted. Well done army ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/919556-paradise-beach-demolition-order-posted/?p=10779234

Posting of the demolition notice is just the first step of this dance.

I'm fairly certain that June 22nd will pass with no demolition having taken place.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think these people will not go quietly.