Opinion polls suggests Australia's July 2 election is close

webfact

Opinion polls suggests Australia's July 2 election is close

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — A poll in Australia showed a narrowing preference for Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull to be the country's leader two weeks into the campaign for July 2 elections.

The survey by Sydney-based market researcher Newspoll published on Monday revealed that 46 percent prefer Turnbull as prime minister over opposition Bill Shorten, down 3 points since the last poll.

Shorten's popularity, meanwhile, climbed 4 percentage points to 31 percent, with 23 percent of respondents uncommitted.

A poll taken two weeks ago showed a close race, with 51 percent of the respondents intending to vote for the opposition and 49 percent for the government. That was within the survey's 2.4 percentage point margin of error.

Turnbull said Monday that only his government has an economic plan that will benefit Australia.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-05-23

What Australia will end up With is more of the same.

Which ever side gets in, it will be relying on other minor parties and independents to get stuff legislated, it will be another 'slurry of nothing' in the day to day grind of stupidity.

I don't think I would feed either Shorten of Turnbull. It's a real shambles,

It use to be a great country Australia but now it's just shenanigans, shenanigans and more shenanigans.

Dull politics at its best, the Aussies kind of make the European Politicians look smart.......I said, almost !

There is such little respect for Shorten especially with the "Rapist" sword hanging over him. However i am sure that there will be one big protest vote against Malcombe Turncoat and his merry band of backstabbers due to the way he ousted the popularily voted Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Mr Turncoat can try all he wants, but his filthy back stab will never be forgotten. He might just win this election, but only because the public are generally terrified of another Labour disaster government like the last. This election under Tony Abbott would have been a 'shoo in' but not any more.

There is such little respect for Shorten especially with the "Rapist" sword hanging over him. However i am sure that there will be one big protest vote against Malcombe Turncoat and his merry band of backstabbers due to the way he ousted the popularily voted Prime Minister Tony Abbott. Mr Turncoat can try all he wants, but his filthy back stab will never be forgotten. He might just win this election, but only because the public are generally terrified of another Labour disaster government like the last. This election under Tony Abbott would have been a 'shoo in' but not any more.

Really where on Earth did you come up with 'rapist'. That issue was put to rest years ago. Not even a feint shadow on the political radar screen. That's exactly the type of gutter politicking your mate Abbott would engage in.

You should thank your lucky stars that Abbott got taken out the back and politically 'knee capped' by Malcolm because Abbott lost 30 consecutive Polls. He was about as popular as a dose of the clap. With that Right Wing Abbott weasel at the helm it wouldn't have been a loss at the election it would have been 'regime change' of epic proportions. The electorate would have taken out the electoral 'baseball bat' and did what they did to 'Little Johnny'. Looking at Abbott pan-handling leaflets at the local train station recently even his electorate after sighting him gave him the swerve like he had Ebola.

Yeah so terrified they have Labor ahead of a Turnbull government.

I hate to break it to you DelCons but the Australian electorate knows what the slogan 'Jobs and Growth' means. Classic Right Wing 'Trickle down economics' BS. Keep it up and you know where the electorate is going to shove that red hot poker don't you.

A "shoo in" under Abbott? Probably the most unpopular PM in history? Surely you jest. That was the reason Turnbull backstabbed him in the first place.

You really don't understand parliamentary democracy. Oz is not a presidential system. We vote for local members. The PM is elected by a group of similarly inclined members ( nowdays called a party). If he loses the support of a majority of those people, he can be replaced. Labour is spelt Labor, by the way, when used in relation to the ALP. OK, you are one of the small number of people who liked Tony Abbott; get over it.

A "shoo in" under Abbott? Probably the most unpopular PM in history? Surely you jest. That was the reason Turnbull backstabbed him in the first place.

Not to mention that tony back stabbed Abbott originally knifed Malcolm, years ago, to take control of the lib leadership. Malcolm s just been sitting back waiting for the right time to strike.

Tony Abbott was, is a thug, he got what he deserved.

Bill shorten is a thug, a unionised thug.

Julia Gillard was crooked.

Kevin 07, was a phoney.

Little Johnny was the last decent leader this country saw, which is sad as that's a decade ago and he wasn't at his best on thelast. Year or two.

Australia has no decent politicians, or very few, none of which are I commanding positions.

The country is going down the gurgler, end of story.