Lawyers appeal against death sentences over murder of British tourists in Thailand

webfact

The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.

After the Samui Court judgment 24 December 2015, it was said said that nobody goes swimming at 3 AM when they are so drunk that they can hardly walk. Then persons on ThaiVisa chimed in with personal anecdotes of having done just that.

Then in the recent TV4 documentary the family of Nick Pearson claimed that he had to be the victim of foul play because nobody goes swimming at around 3 AM when they are so drunk that they hardly walk. You can fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong going east one time zone or you can fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong going west 23 time zones but you end up in the same place.

JLCrab

Nick Pearson was not so drunk he hardly could walk, the TV documentary makes it clear the reason why he had to be helped into bed.

The family repeatedly said as to his maybe going for a swim that he would have never done that.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.

After the Samui Court judgment 24 December 2015, it was said said that nobody goes swimming at 3 AM when they are so drunk that they can hardly walk. Then persons on ThaiVisa chimed in with personal anecdotes of having done just that.

Then in the recent TV4 documentary the family of Nick Pearson claimed that he had to be the victim of foul play because nobody goes swimming at around 3 AM when they are so drunk that they hardly walk. You can fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong going east one time zone or you can fly from Bangkok to Hong Kong going west 23 time zones but you end up in the same place.

JLCrab

Nick Pearson was not so drunk he hardly could walk, the TV documentary makes it clear the reason why he had to be helped into bed.

The family repeatedly said as to his maybe going for a swim that he would have never done that.

JL I am not disputing the claim he would never go for a swim , it is the blindingly drunk accusations . The mother as you quite rightly say gives an interview with other members of the family, and she states the reason why the father assisted Nick into bed.

However this is not really about the Nick Pearson, and I cannot comment within any degree of certainty or uncertainty about foul play or not.,

As far as I am aware, none of the friends and family of the deceased who are reported to be in support of the guilty verdict were actually on the island at the time of the murders, let alone out and about with the deceased in the hours before they were slain. I think a lot can be learned from the actions of David's and Hannah's friends who were with them that night, such as Chris Ware. Chris was apparently a childhood friend of David's and it's been reported that they were travelling together and were sharing a room on Koh Tao. The CCTV footage released shows him out with David that night, and TV reports show him clearly distressed as he is shown images of David's body and apparently being asked to identify some of David's belongings. Initially he was even considered a suspect.

After the trial, Chris must have felt under enormous pressure to release a statement that agreed with the statement released by the family of his childhood friend, confirming that he also believed the guilty verdict was the right verdict. It could've put the whole thing to bed once and for all if someone so close to the events of that night came forward and said that he believed the right guys had been charged with committing the murders and that he supported their conviction. I'm sure he would like nothing more than to see his friend's killers brought to justice, and publicly offering his support to the charges and the verdict handed down to the B2 may also have removed any lingering doubts people may have had about his involvement in the murders. In other words, there would appear to be a lot of benefits to Chris offering his public support to the guilty verdict if that is what he truly believed. But he didn't, and as far as I am aware to this day he hasn't. He's remained silent, as have the other friend's of David and Hannah.

Not so long ago, before the trial, I viewed the silence of the friends of the deceased who were with them that night with disdain. I have since changed my opinion, and I now think their silence actually speaks volumes.

You mean that by remaining silent Chris Ware is prepared to see two innocent people executed. Really, is that what youu are saying? Because that is what his silence will bring if your interpretation is correct.

What I mean is that by remaining silent Chris Ware is clearly refraining from throwing any support behind the convictions of the B2, as are the rest of David & Hannah's friends, and under the circumstances I am not so sure that any more can be expected of them.

Please tell me what you think would be the outcome of Chris speaking out in the event that he had strong beliefs about who the real murderers were...?

If Chris Ware or anyone who was on the island at the time and had strong evidence that there has been a mis-carriage of justice then I would expect them to speak out about it. Why would they keep information that sees two innocent people executed?

What would be the outcome, apart from two innocent lives being saved? Well there would be no danger to them now that they are back in the UK and out of Thailand. Indeed Jimmy, there are lots of people such as yourself in Thailand making accusations against certain islanders for almost two years and I don't know of anyone coming to any harm, do you?

Jaysus, just had a look at Andrew Drummond's FB page, the freaks are out today. Why on earth would a journalist allow such drivel to be posted such as

" Hannah was on her period..... David was alive and Mon drowned him.."

Drummond lost credibility as a journalist a long time, which is a shame as at one time he was a top bloke

Coming from a person sitting behind a keyboard using a pseudonym and spewing out bs doesn't give you much credibility either .

Regarding Nick Parsons:

Home Office pathologist Dr Michael Biggs said Nick had 237 mg of alcohol in his body. The UK legal limit for driving is 80 mgs.

He said: “There were some bruises on his face. He could have fell, bumped, or been assaulted. From a pathologist’s point of view, his injuries are not from an assault but I can’t rule it out.”

He said a lot of the injuries had occurred after his death.

Ms Pinder said: “Nick had been experiencing pain in his knee and he had consumed alcohol but he was fit and well when he was last seen at 2am.”

It seems the pathologist considers it unlikely Nick was assaulted..

Re the overly nested post above: To me it is simple: When the ThaiVisa vox populi want to say some may go for a swim with a high blood alcohol level at 3 AM that's fine and when the ThaiVisa vox populi want to say or support the notion that one would never go for a swim with a high blood l alcohol level at 3 AM, that's fine as well.

The Witheridges deserve all manner of sympathy from their horrid experiences with that photo stunt but they were not as involved in the trial, [ EDIT as the Millers] and Laura has been in contact with the kool aid dispenser.

Stay classy!

Mocking the sister of a rape and murder- victim, because she doesn't agree with your @#$%&^ up version of reality!

I am not mocking her, I'm mocking the kool aid dispenser.

I'm mocking 200, 000+ followers of We Are AnotherNonyMous who believe, heck worship the unadulterated lies a 28 yo kid in Oz put out in a video.

I'm mocking the person who is so completely out of touch with reality, she posts love letters to Zaw Lin on her FB page and uses, for a profile pic a truly bizarre LSD inspired montage of his image and goats.

I'm mocking the biggest fool of an expat in SEA who believes he is part of a legal defense team as he states repeatedly on Drummond's FB page while he brags of posting lese majeste on community pages he's banned from.

I'm mocking posters here who are so confused, so utterly flip flopping, so brainwashed, they cannot ask coherent questions much less answer one.

And one who set himself up for a joke, and then does not have the grace to accept it and instead resorts to snide, weak retorts.

Jaysus, just had a look at Andrew Drummond's FB page, the freaks are out today. Why on earth would a journalist allow such drivel to be posted such as

Drummond lost credibility as a journalist a long time, which is a shame as at one time he was a top bloke

Coming from a person sitting behind a keyboard using a pseudonym and spewing out bs doesn't give you much credibility either .

Yes, you are right, I am sitting behind a keyboard and like all here using a pseudonym but I’ve known Drummond long time and in my opinion he has lost credibility as a journalist and that’s why very few, if any agencies will touch him.

As far as I am aware, none of the friends and family of the deceased who are reported to be in support of the guilty verdict were actually on the island at the time of the murders, let alone out and about with the deceased in the hours before they were slain. I think a lot can be learned from the actions of David's and Hannah's friends who were with them that night, such as Chris Ware. Chris was apparently a childhood friend of David's and it's been reported that they were travelling together and were sharing a room on Koh Tao. The CCTV footage released shows him out with David that night, and TV reports show him clearly distressed as he is shown images of David's body and apparently being asked to identify some of David's belongings. Initially he was even considered a suspect.

After the trial, Chris must have felt under enormous pressure to release a statement that agreed with the statement released by the family of his childhood friend, confirming that he also believed the guilty verdict was the right verdict. It could've put the whole thing to bed once and for all if someone so close to the events of that night came forward and said that he believed the right guys had been charged with committing the murders and that he supported their conviction. I'm sure he would like nothing more than to see his friend's killers brought to justice, and publicly offering his support to the charges and the verdict handed down to the B2 may also have removed any lingering doubts people may have had about his involvement in the murders. In other words, there would appear to be a lot of benefits to Chris offering his public support to the guilty verdict if that is what he truly believed. But he didn't, and as far as I am aware to this day he hasn't. He's remained silent, as have the other friend's of David and Hannah.

Not so long ago, before the trial, I viewed the silence of the friends of the deceased who were with them that night with disdain. I have since changed my opinion, and I now think their silence actually speaks volumes.

You mean that by remaining silent Chris Ware is prepared to see two innocent people executed. Really, is that what youu are saying? Because that is what his silence will bring if your interpretation is correct.

What I mean is that by remaining silent Chris Ware is clearly refraining from throwing any support behind the convictions of the B2, as are the rest of David & Hannah's friends, and under the circumstances I am not so sure that any more can be expected of them.

Please tell me what you think would be the outcome of Chris speaking out in the event that he had strong beliefs about who the real murderers were...?

If Chris Ware or anyone who was on the island at the time and had strong evidence that there has been a mis-carriage of justice then I would expect them to speak out about it. Why would they keep information that sees two innocent people executed?

What would be the outcome, apart from two innocent lives being saved? Well there would be no danger to them now that they are back in the UK and out of Thailand. Indeed Jimmy, there are lots of people such as yourself in Thailand making accusations against certain islanders for almost two years and I don't know of anyone coming to any harm, do you?

Chris Ware has decided to stay silent and try to move on with his life, after the harrowing double experience of his childhood friend being brutally murdered and him being accused of the murder in a fit of gay rage. It follows that they must be guilty! Hang them at dawn!

Welcome to 'unlucky' Koh Tao, the friendly party island where you have an abnormally high chance of meeting your maker through brutal murder or, more likely, bizarre (but 'perfectly explainable' of course) circumstances.

Stealth seem to have strangely been promoted from twitter feeder and news link for the last year to abusing posters Islandlover just set up a new account next time it might look less suspect

Re: the overly nested post above on the chances of meeting your maker on Koh Tao, sure -- but those chances can swing both ways based upon who it is that chooses to travel to Koh Tao and what they choose to do when they get there.

Stealth seem to have strangely been promoted from twitter feeder and news link for the last year to abusing posters Islandlover just set up a new account next time it might look less suspect

I suggest you stop smoking that crazy weed you make absolutely no sense at all I take directions from nobody.

The dna being forwarded to Songkla 20 days after the B2 arrest for race determination, to me raises 2 issues

What precipitated the RTP to forward the dna, they already have identified the B2 , what could they possibly ascertain from the test.

How did they determine the earlier result where it was announced the sperm was asian

Where does it state, "after arrest, this was for race determination" Any further testing would be as a check- for a capital case I would hope this would be done.

The initial semen samples were sent to Singapore.

Sept 21 2014

Semen found on the body of one of the two British tourists murdered on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province last Sunday will be examined in a Singapore laboratory, national police chief General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday.....

...the police's Institute of Forensic Medicine's DNA test was capable of only identifying the sex.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/DNA-tests-will-be-done-in-Singapore-30243745.html

The Witheridges deserve all manner of sympathy from their horrid experiences with that photo stunt but they were not as involved in the trial, [ EDIT as the Millers] and Laura has been in contact with the kool aid dispenser.

Stay classy!

Mocking the sister of a rape and murder- victim, because she doesn't agree with your @#$%&^ up version of reality!

I am not mocking her, I'm mocking the kool aid dispenser.

I'm mocking 200, 000+ followers of We Are AnotherNonyMous who believe, heck worship the unadulterated lies a 28 yo kid in Oz put out in a video.

I'm mocking the person who is so completely out of touch with reality, she posts love letters to Zaw Lin on her FB page and uses, for a profile pic a truly bizarre LSD inspired montage of his image and goats.

I'm mocking the biggest fool of an expat in SEA who believes he is part of a legal defense team as he states repeatedly on Drummond's FB page while he brags of posting lese majeste on community pages he's banned from.

I'm mocking posters here who are so confused, so utterly flip flopping, so brainwashed, they cannot ask coherent questions much less answer one.

And one who set himself up for a joke, and then does not have the grace to accept it and instead resorts to snide, weak retorts.

Wow!

Enough hot air to fill balloons!

You don't even understand, why your religion- comparison doesn't work and you are not the one who should talk about grace, really!

The dna being forwarded to Songkla 20 days after the B2 arrest for race determination, to me raises 2 issues

What precipitated the RTP to forward the dna, they already have identified the B2 , what could they possibly ascertain from the test.

How did they determine the earlier result where it was announced the sperm was asian

Where does it state, "after arrest, this was for race determination" Any further testing would be as a check- for a capital case I would hope this would be done.

Sept 21 2014

Semen found on the body of one of the two British tourists murdered on Koh Tao in Surat Thani province last Sunday will be examined in a Singapore laboratory, national police chief General Somyot Poompanmoung said yesterday.....

...the police's Institute of Forensic Medicine's DNA test was capable of only identifying the sex.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/DNA-tests-will-be-done-in-Singapore-30243745.html

from a defence lawyer

Police claimed DNA collected from the scene was sent to Singapore for testing and determined the suspects were Asian. Thai police experts later stated this race determination was only revealed by testing at Prince of Songkla University hospital lab twenty days after the suspects were arrested. It was later revealed DNA samples were never sent to Singapore. Regardless, this set the stage for racial profiling of potential suspects.

I suggest you stop smoking that crazy weed you make absolutely no sense at all I take directions from nobody.

"When the donkey does not know argue it sends kicks"
You inflicted us your gross speculation since the beginning of this case. Now that the facts give you wrong you insult at all.
In your place I would have already died of shame.

Chris Ware has decided to stay silent and try to move on with his life, after the harrowing double experience of his childhood friend being brutally murdered and him being accused of the murder in a fit of gay rage. It follows that they must be guilty! Hang them at dawn!

Welcome to 'unlucky' Koh Tao, the friendly party island where you have an abnormally high chance of meeting your maker through brutal murder or, more likely, bizarre (but 'perfectly explainable' of course) circumstances.

Look at the pics of the pub crawls, every single week, hundreds, over the years hundreds of thousands, maybe a million have had a great time on Koh Tao. Two people got murdered by migrant workers.

One man committed suicide, one man tumbled off a building while intoxicated, one man among large rocks, and one woman OD'd while a resident in poor health fell ill. Hardly bizarre deaths and do we really know, per capita this is not repeated throughout the nation, even the world in fact, where young people bent on partying their tails off congregate to do just that?

How much of this entire dialogue of KOh tao deaths over the last two years is based on pure sensationalism put out by AD to get hits on his site?

You inflicted us your gross speculation since the beginning of this case. Now that the facts give you wrong you insult at all.

Be precise what facts would that be ?

Yes, you are right, I am sitting behind a keyboard and like all here using a pseudonym but I’ve known Drummond long time and in my opinion he has lost credibility as a journalist and that’s why very few, if any agencies will touch him.

AD seems to mock or block anyone who sticks up for the Miller Family or has the audacity to think the B2 are guilty.

The best conspiracy I have seen on there is that the so called cover up has to do with brexit because Boris Johnson is friend with abihist and Suthep runs KT how do they come up with this sh*t.

running out of likes. lol

Sept 21 2014

from a defence lawyer

Police claimed DNA collected from the scene was sent to Singapore for testing and determined the suspects were Asian. Thai police experts later stated this race determination was only revealed by testing at Prince of Songkla University hospital lab twenty days after the suspects were arrested. It was later revealed DNA samples were never sent to Singapore. Regardless, this set the stage for racial profiling of potential suspects.

From a guy on facebook quoting defense lawyer...

We think they are guilty and so we really don't want anyone looking into DNA evidence too closely, that's why we have not taken the offer up to retest DNA.

Not really, but get the point? Do you have a a link or are we to participate in a fantasy you're part of the defense team...

Sept 21 2014

from a defence lawyer

We think they are guilty and so we really don't want anyone looking into DNA evidence too closely, that's why we have not taken the offer up to retest DNA.

Not really, but get the point? Do you have a a link or are we to participate in a fantasy you're part of the defense team...

Do a bit more research you may find it and the defence lawyer has given permission to use this information.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

AD seems to mock or block anyone who sticks up for the Miller Family or has the audacity to think the B2 are guilty.

The best conspiracy I have seen on there is that the so called cover up has to do with brexit because Boris Johnson is friend with abihist and Suthep runs KT how do they come up with this sh*t.

I

AD tabloiding the deaths- he's got legions hitting his site monthly- his FB page is rumour central- disallows contrary opinons

We Are Anonymous, all manner of conspiracy central- 200,000 +, all watching and sharing a crap video- disallow contrary opinions

Thailand Justice site and FB, repost flawed articles by Aussie property lawyers en masse- disallows contrary opinion

TVF 100,000 viewers to these threads, Condense and disseminate all of the above, all the baked to facts lies- attack, intimidate, ridicule, diminish contrary opinion.

Sept 21 2014

from a defence lawyer

What is the defense lawyers name ?

Why are you in contact with the defense team ?

Funny how you claim not to be Islandlover but you also have connections to the defense what a coincidence.

Lets just hope you don't have a bereavement and have to get one of your friends to set up a Thaivisa account to let us all know.

Sept 21 2014

from a defence lawyer

What is the defense lawyers name ?

Why are you in contact with the defense team ?

Funny how you claim not to be Islandlover but you also have connections to the defense what a coincidence.

Lets just hope you don't have a bereavement and have to get one of your friends to set up a Thaivisa account to let us all know.

Do a bit more research maybe you will need to get some one to read AD's site for the lawyers name is on there at the bottom of the letter.

Edited by StealthEnergiser

Sept 21 2014

from a defence lawyer

Do a bit more research you may find it and the defence lawyer has given permission to use this information.

Which defense lawyer? There are several, all Thai and since the case is in Thai and I don't read Thai, and since you already know of it, perhaps you would kindly provide the link.

Are you now claiming to know Chris Ware ?

Murdered man's friends say guilty verdict 'brings some comfort

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2015-12-27/murdered-mans-friends-say-guilty-verdict-brings-some-comfort/

Again you are welcome to provide me with a link or tell me how you know Chris.

We can set up a pool, what date if ever will they be put down like dogs? I say, they appeal the death sentence after all conviction appeals fail, and will sentenced to prison for 212 years, then it will be commuted to 50- then down to 25 and they will be out in 14.