Buying Shoes

Beng

hmmm. well i don't know why you are opposed to the malls. i always buy dress and casual shoes at Central and have had very good luck. there is a Florsheim in MAYA which has some VERY nice dress shoes. there is another place in the Night Bazaar and a branch in KSK close to Bangkok Bank that has an excellent selection of good quality leather shoes. i have one pair that i have owned for about 5 years which is still in good shape and very comfortable. another good chain of which the name escapes me too...has a branch in Big C Super Highwy on the 2nd Floor right near the pharmacy. i think the logo is a panda bear or something. about 4-5K per pair and they were offering a 2 for 1. i own those too and they are very comfortable. in Bangkok there is Bally.... so many choices but many/most are in malls.

hmmm. well i don't know why you are opposed to the malls. i always buy dress and casual shoes at Central and have had very good luck. there is a Florsheim in MAYA which has some VERY nice dress shoes. there is another place in the Night Bazaar and a branch in KSK close to Bangkok Bank that has an excellent selection of good quality leather shoes. i have one pair that i have owned for about 5 years which is still in good shape and very comfortable. another good chain of which the name escapes me too...has a branch in Big C Super Highwy on the 2nd Floor right near the pharmacy. i think the logo is a panda bear or something. about 4-5K per pair and they were offering a 2 for 1. i own those too and they are very comfortable. in Bangkok there is Bally.... so many choices but many/most are in malls.

I know, but I don't like those mall, plus rents are expensive in there and so are the prices. I just prefer an ordinary shoe retailer.

If for sports as indicated why not try the Sportsworld at KSK or Promenada.(yes I know they are malls but have cheaper rent than Festival and also have benefit of bulk purchasing)

Yes they can be expensive but they also seem to have very good brands being discounted as well, as well as some of the cheaper asian/local brands.

Good range and sizes and fit for purpose, sure they would have something to satisfy.

Edited by mamborobert

If for sports as indicated why not try the Sportsworld at KSK or Promenada.(yes I know they are malls but have cheaper rent than Festival and also have benefit of bulk purchasing)

Yes they can be expensive but they also seem to have very good brands being discounted as well, as well as some of the cheaper asian/local brands.

Good range and sizes and fit for purpose, sure they would have something to satisfy.

Thanks, but I need ordinary/casual shoes, not sports shoes.

I don't know the name of the road, but when you are on the Superhighway, and just go past Tesco, there is the road that turns left...it goes past Kamtieng plant market...keep straight on that and well before you hit the moat, you will see on your right many second-hand clothing shops all together. They have many kinds of shoes and other things. I bought a biking helmet there and a small backpack.

The second-hand stuff has been reconditioned and looks pretty okay to me, if you can accept that. And the prices are nice.