To Run or Not to Run?

I didn't realise there was a top 20 list of Bangkok schools. And they are using an agency to recruit and paying 32k a month? They sound amazing.

Get on Ajarn.com, get your CV out and see what's about. Always easier to leave when you have something else lined up.

Hang on, they have aircon? Screw it, it's only the next 11 months of your life. What's the worst that can happen?

A: falling out with that woman. She will make your life miserable. The attendance stuff could e handled by a trusted student. Wasting time like this, I doubt the school will maintain its position in the top 20 of Bangkok.

The fact that education can often be a woman's world, and woman are much less likely to have ever been on a team often shows. I used to claim a full days pay, because they scheduled me for 4 hours and five minutes, and according to the rules, more than four hours was a full day. Extremely vindictive beaches. Supply and demand come to mind.....

Nice to see that teaching is still a 'vocation' and that people are not just in for for the money. thumbsup.gif has he bolted yet over the loss of 3k a month? no wonder falang teachers are often despised by the native ones.

I switched school districts in 1998 for 5 more USD per day and free lunch....that would be 3500 thb per month...it's good to give stingy people a taste of their own medicine sometime. Not necessarily in it for the money, but last time I checked the electric company didn't take excuses, and there is a 200% tax on decent shoes, and a 60% tax on imported fruit (unless it's from their Chinese cousins).

Why do a runner which could lead to you being blacklisted and will let your employer and students down. Your issue is with one teacher . Is she your senior with formal authority over you? Talk to your real boss - say you are not happy and explain why. Find out what the school rules and policies are on the procedures you are unclear about. You sound a bit wet to me and on your own admittance are lazy and deceitful. Grow up and do your job properly. At a 1000 dollars a month you might be overpaid!

Why do a runner which could lead to you being blacklisted and will let your employer and students down. Your issue is with one teacher . Is she your senior with formal authority over you? Talk to your real boss - say you are not happy and explain why. Find out what the school rules and policies are on the procedures you are unclear about. You sound a bit wet to me and on your own admittance are lazy and deceitful. Grow up and do your job properly. At a 1000 dollars a month you might be overpaid!

Blacklisted. Believe that do you?

You have to be Nuts to work for 35K .You earn that in any Country if you are a Decent Worker in 3 Days ,,,not a Bloody Month,,,A Pensioner get more than that,,, wai.gif

And what is your monthly rent 'in any country' ?

Hey, give the OP a break. Who isn't lazy (sometimes) may throw the first stone.

The hostility by this Thai colleague doesn't bode well for the future. Chances are, she might spread rumors or somehow convince others that you are a bad person or whatever it is some females say. (I once rented a motorcycle from a truly lazy matron who would sometimes have the brightest M4 girls come and do her work coram publico. Pre-paying several months' rent in cash led to demands for payment. One might think that this Thai teacher has enough to do to mind her own business)?

You will be appreciated more elsewhere.

Does it have to be Bangkok?

Personally, I wish to avoid the big expensive city. Getting home takes a few minutes. And you won't find any cafe charging 95 Baht of a coffee.

Q: Got the B-Visa sorted?

My employer just hired someone in your situation. He will start this Thursday.

I know it for a fact. It's not a formal ditributed list but word of of mouth warning , reference checking and circulating info on undesirable applicants and past employees.

I know it for a fact. It's not a formal ditributed list but word of of mouth warning , reference checking and circulating info on undesirable applicants and past employees.

Well, I was only there for two days. I doubt they will have spread the word about me.

It's been a couple of weeks since I pulled the runner and I feel I made the right decision. I know things would have been hell working with that one Thai teacher. Plus the kids were not exceptional despite it being a top 20 school in Bangkok. I was very irked to teach male students again.

I asked what would you bring to a desert island that begins with "n" and of course some jackoff had to say "n**ger."

if I'm going to put up with stuff like this then I expect my standard pay of 35,000 a month. None of this bonus stuff to try to discourage me from walking out on the job.