M Pass toll road anyone obtain one, if so where?

dannywla

Bought a fast pass last week hoping to avoid the long Q's on the tollway. Came to find that doesn't work on the tollway to Bangkok.

Need both, all I could find that possibly Krung Thai Bank may sell. Anyone purchase one if so where?

I don't know where you'd buy one but I did ask my regular cabbie why he didn't have one.

He told me that he & few of his drivers did but that quite often the M-way gates on the 7 didn't work properly & weren't being maintained properly.

He claims that he really slowed him down as he then had to back up & get into back into the regular lanes.

"same same everywere Thailand, pay big more for new project but not spend for fix" to quote my man.

These posts from Thaivisa shed a fair bit of light though & no posts complaining about gates not working:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/838382-motorway-m-pass-toll-card-on-sale-tomorrow/

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/07/06/motorway-m-pass-toll-card-sale-tomorrow

As what Sid wrote, the Easy Pass or M-pass gates are often out of order, closed or the "blue-striped run way" is blocked by the regular users.

I think that every toll plaza has some kind of office. Just hop in there and ask about the device and service.

Edited by joepattaya1961

M-Pass available at KTB. Seems crazy that you need both M Pass and Easy Pass if you want to drive into Bangkok. Had M pass for over 6 months now, and never had an issue using it. Only annoying thing is it does not show the credit balance you have when you pass through, it just shows the amount being charged.

M-Pass available at KTB. Seems crazy that you need both M Pass and Easy Pass if you want to drive into Bangkok. Had M pass for over 6 months now, and never had an issue using it. Only annoying thing is it does not show the credit balance you have when you pass through, it just shows the amount being charged.

But they send you an SMS when your balance is low so you can go to the bank and top up oy at the ATM.

The M pass and Easy Pass are known to interfere with each other so that you may not be able to mount them both behind the mirror. Thainess, creating systems that are not compatible,

Was able to sort it all out. Yesterday went to KTB and they were able to issue me the MPass remote with 1000 baht prepaid. I went to the Central Festival Mall 4th floor Bank. They required my passport and license and completed all the paperwork in Thai.

Last post states the two remotes may not work correctly if mounted behind the mirror. Only time will tell, find that comment without merit as they are looks to garage remote on different frequencies.

KTB will tell you that they may not work together. Mine conflicted. First the M Pass stopped the Easypass working. When I changed the easy pass, the Mpass would not work. I leave the Easypass behind the mirror and hold the Mpass outside the window to go through motorway toll. They were supposed to be combined so that you could use either card on both systems by May. They did not say which year