Motorbike tax

joskeshake

Today i was standing on the red licht on Pattaya Tai crossing with Sukhemvit and polit aks my drivers licence, so I showed it and he grabbed it out of my hand and told me to put motorbike aside the road,what i did and i open the bike for take papers , because I thought i was a check for this, but no, he stardet to write me a ticket> I asked why, but he ignored me,and took more and more drivers aside of the road.I asked him again, and all he answerd was , soi 9.He held my drivers licence,so i went home and ask my wife what is this ? I had a ticket to pay because my tax paper with the year was nor outside my motorbike.I went to soi 9 , polit station and they confirmed this. I have bought 2 new motorbikes over the past 5 years,and nobody ever told me I have to put i outside. So people with motorbikes, be aware and put this little paper outside.Oh yes, from the amount of 1000 baht told by the one who wrote the ticket, i had to pay 400 baht.

I don't own a motorbike, but I guess this is similar to the requirement to display your registration sticker on the window of a car. Makes sense, I suppose. But I've never heard of it being applied to motorbikes. You'd obviously have to enclose it in plastic to protect it from the rain. Still, it seems it could easily be stolen.

Any further comment on experience with this from other bike owners?

It should be on display,mine used to be under the seat protected until I was informed that it could lead to some over zealous pc giving me a ticket so I bought a proper licence holder cost me 60 bah,therefore saving me not getting a 400 baht fine thumbsup.gif

I don't own a motorbike, but I guess this is similar to the requirement to display your registration sticker on the window of a car. Makes sense, I suppose. But I've never heard of it being applied to motorbikes. You'd obviously have to enclose it in plastic to protect it from the rain. Still, it seems it could easily be stolen.

Every bike shop sells the plastic tubes that are screwed to the bike licence plate, tax sticker is rolled in there with year visible. Received the tube for free with the new bike.

Bike shop insisted that it is the law to show the sticker. That was 9 month ago.

? I had a ticket to pay because my tax paper with the year was nor outside my motorbike.I went to soi 9 , polit station and they confirmed this.

Thanks for the report.

I remember some know-it-alls (know better than the Thais) from past threads who laughed at my hint on that and the plexiglass container that many use for the sticker.

"I have it under the seat, no prob". The usual forum rubbish.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Every bike shop sells the plastic tubes that are screwed to the bike licence plate, tax sticker is rolled in there with year visible. Received the tube for free with the new bike.

Bike shop insisted that it is the law to show the sticker. That was 9 month ago.

I went yesterday to the honda shop where i bought 2 motorbikes, and bought the capsule 50 baht, but they didn't know it also you have to put it outside, its all crazy , when i was in soi 9 to pay te fine, i looked at the m/b outside and on 30 there where 6 who had it correct, so ???? Even the farang who works for the police ( not a tourist polit) he didn't know it also , he admiddet.

I went yesterday to the honda shop where i bought 2 motorbikes, and bought the capsule 50 baht, but they didn't know it also you have to put it outside, its all crazy , when i was in soi 9 to pay te fine, i looked at the m/b outside and on 30 there where 6 who had it correct, so ???? Even the farang who works for the police ( not a tourist polit) he didn't know it also , he admiddet.

Guy at Honda was a lier. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang