Another Visa Question...

Hi!

My name is Martin and I have lived for 4 months now in Ayutthaya Thailand. I'm still on my tourist visa and I go to Aranyaprathet every month to extend it.

I met my wife in Sweden 6 years ago and we are married in Sweden. (She is Thai) Now I finally have all the marriage paper ready in thai language and we have been to "Ampeur" and got our THAI marriage paper. So now I'm ready to apply for my non immigrant visa...But where???

I know I must apply outside the country right? At a Thai embassy or consulate. Where is the nearest consulate? In Laos? Cambodia? Myanmar?

And what do I need more than the marriage papers, my passport and her Thai ID card?

Pleas help me

Martin

Are you planning to live in Thailand? Do you have family income of 40k baht per month that you can use to extend your stay?

If you need visa entry for more than 90 days you would be well advised to visit either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore to obtain a multi entry non immigrant visa (do not believe any other consulate in the area is likely to provide).

Are you planning to live in Thailand? Do you have family income of 40k baht per month that you can use to extend your stay?

If you need visa entry for more than 90 days you would be well advised to visit either Kuala Lumpur or Singapore to obtain a multi entry non immigrant visa (do not believe any other consulate in the area is likely to provide).

I have plans to stay here a long time yes. I don't have an income yet (I'm 26 years old) But I will work as an egnlish teacher. But to be able to wok I need my non immigrant first. It's illegal to work with a tourist visa. I have two sons. One is 3,5 years old and the younger one is 1, and as I said my wife is Thai.

Kuala Lumpur or Singapore...That´s quite long travel. How about the Thai consulate in south of Laos?

You are not likely to receive more than a single entry visa anywhere else. If you will meet the requirements for extension of stay for either work or marriage and can use that route then yes, you can use Vientiane; but if in any doubt I would suggest you obtain a multi entry from the longer route using one of the discount air carriers.

You are not likely to receive more than a single entry visa anywhere else. If you will meet the requirements for extension of stay for either work or marriage and can use that route then yes, you can use Vientiane; but if in any doubt I would suggest you obtain a multi entry from the longer route using one of the discount air carriers.

Thank you very much for your fast replies. Do you live in Lopburi?

Where are you from originally?

I'm as I said 26 and I live in Ayutthaya and I come from Sweden.

From US and live in Bangkok but wife originally from Lopburi.

Aha ok. I only know one person from US here. I work extra mondays and fridays as an English teacher at IIE at Future Park Rangsit, and one of the teatchers there (ED) is from the US.

Here in My town there aren't too many farangs staying permanent. I only know one English man running a small hotel with swimmingpool and good farang food :o

Can you speak Thai?

There are conditions to apply for change of visa so if you meet them, yes, you may be able to do inside Thailand. If you have a job lined up you might be able to convert under the teacher procedure with the listed paperwork. But use the "required documents"/"change visa" page from the link you gave.