Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

snoop1130

This sort of incident typifies what an obnoxious species humans are generally - both parties are self centred arrogant a**holes and should be given time at a behaviour management centre - sometimes called a prison and given resticted rations to appreciate how lucky they are to be alive

fully agreed. i don't need them in prison, just have them watch 10 documentaries about the UNIVERSE so they can maybe understand how insignificant, useless, meaningless and utter-little they are. after that show them 10 documentaries about ants, bees, termites and the likes and tell them they are basically the same but then the insects don't have an inflated EGO...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do u Hav any proof that he threw it in his face?

theres nothing here, just the Thai guys side of the story and his story is probably badly translated from Thai. to me, after watching the guys primitive behaviour in the video, I think more likely a scam that didnt quite go to plan

i knew this thread would top over 200 replies.......key OP words......'british tourist punched'

true the words ''sarn + who + a'' are less catchy .... clap2.gif

nothing to do with catchy.......and don;t be a smart##se.........Asssaults(and worse) of recent times act like a magnet....

700 baht of cocktails? We're only hearing one side of the story here.

Looks to me that the snotty nosed <deleted> was determined to get his own way and use the toilet. So he ordered anything to gain access to the toilet and had no intentions of paying.

The snot nose should be the one facing criminal charges not the restaurant owner.

As said 700 Bahts seems very steep for a cocktail in backpackers town.

I smell a rat.

I think the owner made up much higher price on the spot, because he was pissed off the Brits ordered a drink to by-pass his stupid refusal to use the loo.

For God sake this is Kao Sarn Road not The Ritz.

I smell a rat.

I think the owner made up much higher price on the spot, because he was pissed off the Brits ordered a drink to by-pass his stupid refusal to use the loo.

Who would order 700 baht in cocktails, if he only wanted to use the loo? Does one believe the bar manager's account here? Need the full story from the victim.

My guess is Will waltzed in off the street to take a leak. Bar manager doesn't like this and thought he'd be a smart ass and put up the cocktails and demand 700Bt. Will said no bloody way was he going to pay 700Bt for drinks he didn't want and didn't order, so he pulled out 20Bt and tossed that at the bar manager to cover the cost of using the toilet.

None of this is a big deal really, these sort of things unfortunately do happen around bars when folk have been drinking hard. A shame the bar manager resorted to violence; a policeman could have smoothed things down easily.

I'm with the manager on this, disgusting behavior by the Brit lout

I agree. The manager is quite within his rights to state that the toilets are for the us of customers only, and for the man to order refreshments in order to use the toilets, and then refuse to pay for them is bang out of order. And to then throw a 20 baht note in the managers face is absolutely disgraceful behaviour. It is the Brit who should be charged not the restaurant manager, and by the way, I'm British.

The manager of the restaurant is wearing the blue polo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFxJaQXLrg

Arrogant little prick, he's lucky a bunch of Thai's didn't teach him some manners, free the manager!

Watching the movie, there's more to it. The youngish guys must have said something very impolite to the guy like fragg your mom, which really upset him and he's damn right.

Then the one guy saying " Get away" to the guy who made this film wasn't gentleman like at all. These little bricks were looking for troubles and will find them sooner, or later.

And the 3 Kathoeys seem to be their wives. The manager is as innocent as my mother in law.

Would a Thai throw a few pence into a Liverpool bar owner's face after ordering, but not paying a cocktail and leaving the shop after using the bathroom, the Thai's mom would have problems to identify her son.

I smell a rat.

For god's holy sake, it's Khao San road.

i knew this thread would top over 200 replies.......key OP words......'british tourist punched'

true the words ''sarn + who + a'' are less catchy .... clap2.gif

nothing to do with catchy.......and don;t be a smart##se.........Asssaults(and worse) of recent times act like a magnet....

humor ... coffee1.gif

95% of TVF newstopics are click bait. the site lives from it.

they could also have used:

- Brit doesn't pay cocktail bill and gets knocked by manager....

- Brit gets charged 700 thb to use the toilet

- Thai manager loses cool with free-peeing cocktail fan

- etc

thumbsup.gif

Watching that video of the guy in the blue shirt shows that he is not a very friendly guy and is looking for a fight. What ever happened to the rule of law. If the guy walks out without paying call the police. It's violence that is a major problem here and is out of control. And for Gods sake the guy had to take a leak, what ever happened to being nice or is it only take take take in this world. All this could have been avoided if the guy had just left the young man take a leak. He may have then sat in the bar all night drinking with his mates.

Not to pay the consumption and throw 20 Baht in face of the manager is a no go. This tourist has no decency and should be prosecuted by the police for embezzlement.He's a crappy cheap Charly with the behavior of a small child.The manager might need a small correction of his behavior, but is absolutely in the right.

had he pulled this crap back home he woulda got a broken beer bottle in the throat, what on earth makes these dumb <deleted> think they can pull that crap here ?

Did I see right Don?......a broken beer bottle in the throat back home.

What kind of low life do you come from?

Absolutely disgusting disgraceful remark.

had he pulled this crap back home he woulda got a broken beer bottle in the throat, what on earth makes these dumb <deleted> think they can pull that crap here ?

My question is if you need to go to the toilet urgently why should you buy something first? I went to a shopping complex(Bunning's ,Good guys ect. spread over about 4 hec area) in Australia and all of a sudden I had to use the toilet .The place was unfamiliar to me so I don't know if there are any public toilets. I ask the security guy at the Good guys if there are any toilets close by. He told me there are two ,one at Bunning's and one at Gloria beans but it is for customers only .So where do the people shopping have to go? Do it right there in public on the footpath like a frigging dog?

In which case you could be arrested for a public disorder offence. But I see your point - I don't think I have seen any public toilets here apart from at bus stations and train stations, and they usually have a cover charge of 5 or 10 baht. So, if you are desperate to relieve yourself, what's the difference to paying in a railway/bus station to paying in a bar? Actually, usually when you are in a bus/train station, you are a customer, so you shouldn't have to pay. At least if you are a customer in a bar, you don't have to pay!

On emerging he tried to leave the restaurant without paying and threw a twenty baht note in the face of the manager.

And I'm already waiting 15 years that my wife's throwing one thousand baht in my face......giggle.gif

​ P.S. They should deport the Brit to Australia.....biggrin.png

Well you certainly wouldn't be welcome in Australia, we have enough arsxxholes already. Edited by Artisi

Don comes from Whitetrashistan or Machostan I guess coffee1.gif

I can only guess he's from Glasgow.

What i can tell is that these touristy places like KS road are full with Thai who suffer from Farang-fatuigue. I have only been there once, during the early evening, and its recipe for disaster. These kids think they are hot shots "cuz they are in Bangkok"... Their arrogance/ignorance is massive. TAT should clean up that place. Get rid of all the dodgy offers/stuff. But then the cash might leave too and money talks ....

Ironically there's a public toilet along the side of the police station on Khaosan road, no need to enter the station, it's in an alley between the station and the next building, all the locals use it, or they did when I last used it over 20 years ago!

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

I could not agree more, try that at home and see what you get. People like these are the reason many ordinary people are refused service when caught short, probably did not ask nicely in the first place, probably thought it was like a McDonalds.

»Will then ordered cocktails to the value of 700 baht and went to use the facilities in the restaurant. He emerged soon after and tried to leave the restaurant without paying his bill. Weerawut got angry. The Brit then threw a twenty baht note in his face making him furious and resulting in the assault in which the tourist was hit in the face.«

Sound like the kind of quality tourists that must be protected for any price – if I was restaurant owner, I would also be sad, if someone leave without paying – or do we only hear part of the story in the news..?

And it's quite common, that toilets are for guests only – some places they have a price of 10 baht or 20 baht for non guests using the toilet; which is fair enough, paying one's share for use and cleaning...

The manager should have immediately been suspicious when someone on Khao Sahn road spent so much!!!!

What "tourist image"? Can anyone define what it means? And if indeed it exist, is it that fragile?

Besides, what is tourism?

“Another important difference between tourist and traveler is that the former accepts his own civilization without question; not so the traveler, who compares it with the others, and rejects those elements he finds not to his liking.”

Paul Bowles, The Sheltering Sky

Edited by jlwilliamsjr18

And if they would only of let him use the head there would not of been a problem !! I own a bar restaurant and I allow everybody and anybody to use the head !! I know it's hard for some to understand this but it's called being nice & polite NOT BEING A DOUCHEBAG !!

In Europe you have to pay to use the washrooms in restaurants, and they have people at the door to collect the money, and if you don't pay you can't go.