Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

snoop1130

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense e.g. football, all day long. At least in Ireland you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything, even sober people, 555! No seriously, a Dutch bodybuilder who is calling the Irish stupid, that's hilarious. What have the Dutch ever accomplished besides building dikes and canals and robbing other countries blind? Look what you did to the Indonesians. The NL's is responsible for the apartheid and segregation in Southern Africa. I could go on for hours. The good thing about us 'drinking' Irish is that we are loved throughout the world for our culture of friendliness and warm heartedness and that we have never conquered any other countries and of course our literature, music and great whiskey's. You guys still can't win the world cup even though you've been in the final 3 times clap2.gif

You started the generalizing not me when you were loosing your argument, Irish are painted as the pissheads of the world and you as a bar owner drinking your own product you don't even deny that you were your own best customer. I have looked up the average IQ of the Irish and its below 100 while in the Netherlands its averaged at 102

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/top-10-countries-by-highest-average-iq/?view=all

So facts even show that Irish are not that bright. Especially given the fact you don't know your history that well about apartheid that South-Africa was taken over by the English long ago from the Dutch before apartheid ever existed. Now you are 100% right about Indonesia, no need to deny that as its a dark part of history. As for soccer find an other guy to tease about that if there is something that I absolutely dislike.. soccer.

So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations.

Now, if you can't see it cost money to run a bar and operate a toilet and keep it clean in a tourist place like Khoasarn where there are loads of freeloaders then at is your problem. Then denying that bars often have signs that say toilets only for customers all over the world. Strange to say the least. Then you called all Dutch cheap because i said you (you brought the whole generalizing into it not me)were cheap by wanting to go to a toilet for free instead of doing the civilized thing and order and pay for a cheap drink. So who started the whole battle between countries that you as al ex alcoholic Irish bar owner from a nation with a considerable lower IQ as the Netherlands started. I am a bodybuilder, but I am also an accountant and tax adviser who has good business insights and knows business don't need freeloaders.

So now we traded insults can we get back to the topic at hand or do you need more punishment.

Do I need more punishment? Do you really see this as if you gave me a 'beating'? 555!

The only thing you ranted on about was how Irish people are a bunch of drunks and how stupid they are. The amount of drunks in NL is many many times higher as in IRE and I'm pretty sure that the amount of not too bright cloggies easily out numbers that of IRE. The only thing that gave the Dutch 2 points higher on their IQ tests was probably their ability to count their money faster so let's not argue about 2 points difference in IQ according to that idiot website you quoted.

I know my history very well. The Dutch were the first Europeans who started the slavery trade from Africa even though they claim to be so liberal these days(which is a big lie btw). The only reason they have chosen to be liberal is to generate more money through trade. I would call them more right than liberal but that's just my point of view(and 100's of Dutch friends).

So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations.

And you know your history very well I see, 555! We actually brought culture to you peasants over in the swamps called the Low Lands. We were writing poetry and making music while you guys were still running around in bear furs raping women and hunting mammoth. 555. No seriously. What have the Irish done? Never heard of U2? Or James Joyce? You must know JFK? Liam Neeson? Here's a list of famous Irish people still alive today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_people

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/famous-irish

Here's what the lower class who shipped off achieved, lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_Americans

http://www.irishcentral.com/business/influencers/The-Power-50-the-most-powerful-people-in-Irish-America.html

I'm sure you can show me an equally impressive list like this Rob, from NL. The only famous Dutch person died 2 months ago; Johan Cruyff(RIP). Who else was there? Rembrandt? That was 4 centuries ago. Jeroen Krabbe? 555. Who needs more punishment? LOL

I didn't drink back when I owned a pub in Belfast, that actually only started when I moved to TH in 98 and still it's at a very low level, so wrong again Rob. I never denied anyone the usage of my toilet and it always worked out in my favour. You are Dutch and see other human beings as mere economic beings who need to pay for everything or else they are freeloaders. The Dutch are well known for their business tactics throughout the world and indeed you would steal anything you could get your hands on back in the day, so don't call other people freeloaders, you robbed all your wealth from The Dutch Indies. The reason the Dutch royals are so rich is because of that and what they made from the slave trade over in Curacao. These days NL is not stealing from other countries, only from their own citizens who are sucked dry by the tax office, so I can imagine accountants and tax advisers are needed a lot over there wink.png

I never lost an argument against you, not the one about steroids, nor this one and I'm pretty sure I would stand my ground in Dutch against you too. Being a big boy through weightlifting doesn't make you stronger in words too Rob.

All the best!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you can show me an equally impressive list like this Rob, from NL. The only famous Dutch person died 2 months ago; Johan Cruyff(RIP). Who else was there? Rembrandt? That was 4 centuries ago. Jeroen Krabbe? 555. Who needs more punishment? LOL

I didn't drink back when I owned a pub in Belfast, that actually only started when I moved to TH in 98 and still it's at a very low level, so wrong again Rob. I never denied anyone the usage of my toilet and it always worked out in my favour. You are Dutch and see other human beings as mere economic beings who need to pay for everything or else they are freeloaders. The Dutch are well known for their business tactics throughout the world and indeed you would steal anything you could get your hands on back in the day, so don't call other people freeloaders, you robbed all your wealth from The Dutch Indies. The reason the Dutch royals are so rich is because of that and what they made from the slave trade over in Curacao. These days NL is not stealing from other countries, only from their own citizens who are sucked dry by the tax office, so I can imagine accountants and tax advisers are needed a lot over there wink.png

I never lost an argument against you, not the one about steroids, nor this one and I'm pretty sure I would stand my ground in Dutch against you too. Being a big boy through weightlifting doesn't make you stronger in words too Rob.

All the best!

Can someone tell me what this Dutch v Irish confrontation has to do with the fact that a Thai restaurant manager thumped a guy who threw 20 baht in his face?

Edited by sambum

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense e.g. football, all day long. At least in Ireland you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything, even sober people, 555! No seriously, a Dutch bodybuilder who is calling the Irish stupid, that's hilarious. What have the Dutch ever accomplished besides building dikes and canals and robbing other countries blind? Look what you did to the Indonesians. The NL's is responsible for the apartheid and segregation in Southern Africa. I could go on for hours. The good thing about us 'drinking' Irish is that we are loved throughout the world for our culture of friendliness and warm heartedness and that we have never conquered any other countries and of course our literature, music and great whiskey's. You guys still can't win the world cup even though you've been in the final 3 times clap2.gif

You started the generalizing not me when you were loosing your argument, Irish are painted as the pissheads of the world and you as a bar owner drinking your own product you don't even deny that you were your own best customer. I have looked up the average IQ of the Irish and its below 100 while in the Netherlands its averaged at 102

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/top-10-countries-by-highest-average-iq/?view=all

So facts even show that Irish are not that bright. Especially given the fact you don't know your history that well about apartheid that South-Africa was taken over by the English long ago from the Dutch before apartheid ever existed. Now you are 100% right about Indonesia, no need to deny that as its a dark part of history. As for soccer find an other guy to tease about that if there is something that I absolutely dislike.. soccer.

Now, if you can't see it cost money to run a bar and operate a toilet and keep it clean in a tourist place like Khoasarn where there are loads of freeloaders then at is your problem. Then denying that bars often have signs that say toilets only for customers all over the world. Strange to say the least. Then you called all Dutch cheap because i said you (you brought the whole generalizing into it not me)were cheap by wanting to go to a toilet for free instead of doing the civilized thing and order and pay for a cheap drink. So who started the whole battle between countries that you as al ex alcoholic Irish bar owner from a nation with a considerable lower IQ as the Netherlands started. I am a bodybuilder, but I am also an accountant and tax adviser who has good business insights and knows business don't need freeloaders.

So now we traded insults can we get back to the topic at hand or do you need more punishment.

Do I need more punishment? Do you really see this as if you gave me a 'beating'? 555!

The only thing you ranted on about was how Irish people are a bunch of drunks and how stupid they are. The amount of drunks in NL is many many times higher as in IRE and I'm pretty sure that the amount of not too bright cloggies easily out numbers that of IRE. The only thing that gave the Dutch 2 points higher on their IQ tests was probably their ability to count their money faster so let's not argue about 2 points difference in IQ according to that idiot website you quoted.

I know my history very well. The Dutch were the first Europeans who started the slavery trade from Africa even though they claim to be so liberal these days(which is a big lie btw). The only reason they have chosen to be liberal is to generate more money through trade. I would call them more right than liberal but that's just my point of view(and 100's of Dutch friends).

And you know your history very well I see, 555! We actually brought culture to you peasants over in the swamps called the Low Lands. We were writing poetry and making music while you guys were still running around in bear furs raping women and hunting mammoth. 555. No seriously. What have the Irish done? Never heard of U2? Or James Joyce? You must know JFK? Liam Neeson? Here's a list of famous Irish people still alive today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_people

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/famous-irish

Here's what the lower class who shipped off achieved, lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irish_Americans

http://www.irishcentral.com/business/influencers/The-Power-50-the-most-powerful-people-in-Irish-America.html

All the best!

You forgot to mention that crazy Dutch guy that cut his ear off and shot himself coz no one liked his paintings.lol

All the best!

Can someone tell me what this Dutch v Irish confrontation has to do with the fact that a Thai restaurant manager thumped a guy who threw 20 baht in his face?

i guess its time to give one month holiday to roblok, he is just harassing otthers members...

I smell a strategy: arrest a local against whom there is not a strong case and show up what a nasty bunch tourists can be. There will no sympathy for the Brit and some for the Thai. The cases to worry about are the innocent tourists being ripped off, bashed, murdered. Arrest a few more of those perpetrators and it would be more impressive. This case is small beer and with a motive.

Agree.. one reason I.left Thailand was to avoid the possibillity of such a case happening whether I would actually be involved or not... it amazes me how many 'farangs' remain (family reasons apart|)- Thailand is a corrupt dump, has been for decades...enjoy it? Yes, for a month or so and back to Spain...seems to me half or more of the people on this site are stressed out just by wanting to complain or point out how dumb those who don't understand all things Thai are...and those are not usually Thai anyway.....

All the best!

The Thai bar manager punched the tourist in the face because the tourist didn't want to pay for using his toilet and our discussion is about hospitality and letting members of the public use your toilet if you are a bar/restaurant owner. Rob believes everyone should be forced to pay for this or else he/she is a freeloader. I believe toilets should always be public and free. We got into a discussion about Dutch/Irish culture and hospitality/friendliness, that kind of stuff. Make sense now?

All the best!

The Thai bar manager punched the tourist in the face because the tourist didn't want to pay for using his toilet and our discussion is about hospitality and letting members of the public use your toilet if you are a bar/restaurant owner. Rob believes everyone should be forced to pay for this or else he/she is a freeloader. I believe toilets should always be public and free. We got into a discussion about Dutch/Irish culture and hospitality/friendliness, that kind of stuff. Make sense now?

Yes it was started when the Dave was calling the Dutch cheap for their willingness to pay for a toilet while he would not. Strange arguments must have been the alcohol. But so he started bringing nationality in it when he could win it the normal way.

Then he started bringing up some ancient history about the Irish that nobody really remembers them for, I do remember them bombing everyone stuff like that. In reality the Irish might have done some things back then, just as I can bring up how the Dutch were master water workers long before everyone else.Had a fleet that sailed the world rivaling that of the Brits but having a far smaller country. But who cares about ancient stuff countries have done. Its the more recent stuff that counts. Irish did not do much..besides bombing. Can't say that the Dutch did much in recent history either.

Fact is calling people cheap for the willingness to pay for a toilet makes no sense.. calling people freeloaders for not willing does however.

Fact is its a business model that is accepted all over the world that toilets are for paying guests. Then the vindictive response of ordering expensive cocktails with the intention of skipping out on the bill would have made everyone mad. Now that does not mean the owner should have resorted to violence but just had the guy locked up for theft. Personally i rather get beaten up (if you can call that what happend really being beaten up) then put in jail but that is just me.

I think the police are in a difficult position here. One one side, there is pressure to

preserve the positive image of Thailand, and on the other hand, they have to deal

with idiots like these Brits. From what I have read so far, it seems the Brit deserved

what he got.

I don't care how much the cocktails where ... he could have ordered a bottle of water.

The restaurant has the right to set it's prices as they see fit. And customers can either

order and pay for the items or move on ...

This Brit was obviously a retard and got what he deserved ...

The manager should have kept his cool as well ... but I don't see abusive behavior

from the Manager, just a reaction to an action ....

I hope this type of "tourists" stay home - we don't need more of these shit heads ...

Well put, im amazed that most posters here do agree that the Brit was out of line and the cause of the trouble. Usually its .. farang good.. Thai bad case close.. oh.. bash Thais a bit more ad infinitum.

I'm just wondering why Brits have to drink their beer in plastic cups back home? Would they really hit each other with glasses and bottles?

And they told me at primary school that British people invented the gentleman. I'm confused and lost in Isaan. facepalm.gif .

The days that the English were considered gentlemen are long gone, there is not one nation that is better or more civilized (Canadians excepted maybe). We a got our idiots and trouble makers, in the Netherlands they often also drink beer from plastic cups in risk area's. Give me a party full of people on MDMA instead of alcohol and it will be far less violent.

i've never once seen cocktails or beer served in a plastic cup in the USA. It's a fascinating phenomenon. Maybe it's the pub goers that should be recycled rather than the plastic...

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

I can see from the "likes" that many people agree with you, but you are wrong.

If the guy did what he did, ordered a drink to trick the waitress so he could use the toilet and then walked out refusing to pay then he is wrong for sure, and if he threw the 20 baht in the Managers face then he is wrong and insulting for sure. So, what should have happened is the Thai manager insisted he paid the tab, if he didn't he simply calls the police and reports him.

Then it would be the foreigner in the police station being arrested and the bar owner holding the high moral ground.

Whatever way you look at it, the Bar owner is wrong. Assaulting someone for "insulting" you is not acceptable. When you own a bar you are going to get people who insult you, behave badly and maybe both, it goes with the territory. If you cannot handle that then don't open a bar. What you can't do is simply assault anyone that does something you don't like.

You should not advocate it, you should be boycotting it. As far as i am concerned violence is wrong, this assault is wrong and it does not matter now what the foreigner did.

All the best!

Yes it was started when the Dave was calling the Dutch cheap for their willingness to pay for a toilet while he would not. Strange arguments must have been the alcohol. But so he started bringing nationality in it when he could win it the normal way.

Then he started bringing up some ancient history about the Irish that nobody really remembers them for, I do remember them bombing everyone stuff like that. In reality the Irish might have done some things back then, just as I can bring up how the Dutch were master water workers long before everyone else.Had a fleet that sailed the world rivaling that of the Brits but having a far smaller country. But who cares about ancient stuff countries have done. Its the more recent stuff that counts. Irish did not do much..besides bombing. Can't say that the Dutch did much in recent history either.

Fact is calling people cheap for the willingness to pay for a toilet makes no sense.. calling people freeloaders for not willing does however.

Fact is its a business model that is accepted all over the world that toilets are for paying guests. Then the vindictive response of ordering expensive cocktails with the intention of skipping out on the bill would have made everyone mad. Now that does not mean the owner should have resorted to violence but just had the guy locked up for theft. Personally i rather get beaten up (if you can call that what happend really being beaten up) then put in jail but that is just me.

"Irish did not do much, apart from bombing"

I guess there is no real measure for ignorance, if there were you tip the scales. Have you ever been to Ireland? I have, many, many times. Did you know that there is a North and South, the North coming under UK the South independent and part of the Euro camp?

Do you know anything?

If you had been to Ireland you would probably know that they are warm, friendly people who love to laugh and enjoy a drink or 2. In fact I can't think of a better place to go if you fancy a drink in real pub full of people who are there just for the talk and laughter. I have never been threatened in any way and the most I have encountered is some teasing about my Nationality (a fun bit of teasing not aggressive)

So, I claim your post as the most ignorant post this month, written by an idiot who clearly has the brain capacity of a goldfish.

"So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations."

George Bernard Shaw

James Joyce

Oscar Wilde

W.B.Yates

Samuel Becket

Jonathen Swift

Iris Murdoch

Flann O'Brien

Bram Stoker

C.S. Lewis

Van Morrison

Conor Walton

David Nolan

Not to mention the likes of Mary Robinson and Veronica Guerin

I'd say the irish have done a lot...

Edited by Bluespunk

I am British BUT I am with the Thai bar owner on this. In the UK the Brit would have got more than just a smack in the mouth.

700 Baht for cocktails seems a bit steep. Was he alone or with a crowd or a Thai lady ?

He was lucky to get off so lightly Thais often settle arguments with guns

"So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations."

George Bernard Shaw

James Joyce

Oscar Wilde

W.B.Yates

Samuel Becket

Jonathen Swift

Iris Murdoch

Flann O'Brien

Bram Stoker

C.S. Lewis

Van Morrison

Conor Walton

David Nolan

Not to mention the likes of Mary Robinson and Veronica Guerin

I'd say the irish have done a lot...

Not to mention Rory Gallagher and Paul Brady

I am British BUT I am with the Thai bar owner on this. In the UK the Brit would have got more than just a smack in the mouth.

700 Baht for cocktails seems a bit steep. Was he alone or with a crowd or a Thai lady ?

And it would be assault with bar owner arrested as he should be.

Back in the days I side-lined in a bar, a "rough" place with occasional visits by genuine scum/criminals that had been banned from the bar for fighting, dealing, harassing women, etc. Our boss/the owner insisted we did NOTHING except calling the cops when for example one of the scumbags entered the bar, high on speed/coke and came behind the tap taking his own glass of beer. Even - in theory - if they wanted to steal the cash register, the owner insisted we didn't risk our lives or took action BECAUSE we had a working law system/police force. The latter is missing in Thailand hence you get all kinds of cowboys thinking they are above the law. A guy NOT paying his bill should not get hit, period. The police (555) should deal with it.

Gotta laugh at the sad, insecure fellas on here that are trying to turn this little episode into an anti Thai or anti British thing........a young fella's had too much to drink, acted like a c---, got chinned. Young blokes from every country sometimes drink too much and act like c----. Fair play to the restaurant owner for using his fists to dish out the lesson rather than using a weapon........end of story. Move on. :)

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

I can see from the "likes" that many people agree with you, but you are wrong.

If the guy did what he did, ordered a drink to trick the waitress so he could use the toilet and then walked out refusing to pay then he is wrong for sure, and if he threw the 20 baht in the Managers face then he is wrong and insulting for sure. So, what should have happened is the Thai manager insisted he paid the tab, if he didn't he simply calls the police and reports him.

Then it would be the foreigner in the police station being arrested and the bar owner holding the high moral ground.

Whatever way you look at it, the Bar owner is wrong. Assaulting someone for "insulting" you is not acceptable. When you own a bar you are going to get people who insult you, behave badly and maybe both, it goes with the territory. If you cannot handle that then don't open a bar. What you can't do is simply assault anyone that does something you don't like.

You should not advocate it, you should be boycotting it. As far as i am concerned violence is wrong, this assault is wrong and it does not matter now what the foreigner did.

Thank you for your opinion that I am wrong. We were both not there so what we write is our opinion. We are both allowed to have our own opinions. We also know that the Thai police do get things wrong. Have a good night.

Gotta laugh at the sad, insecure fellas on here that are trying to turn this little episode into an anti Thai or anti British thing........a young fella's had too much to drink, acted like a c---, got chinned. Young blokes from every country sometimes drink too much and act like c----. Fair play to the restaurant owner for using his fists to dish out the lesson rather than using a weapon........end of story. Move on. smile.png

Ok....it seems the bar manager defenders think in some threads,violence is on the increase and LOS is changing from 20yr ago or so.

But if you act like a little prick(if pom ever did?)or make a thai lose face,then it's ok to Bop someone in the face..

I'd like to know if any of you are ever hit unfairly.....that the words Mommy Mommy don't come out of your mouth.....smile.png

Here's for all the argumentative people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

On Thai Visa a lot of farangs are arguing in their free time when they could be making 5 pounds, or in present day money, 20 pounds, for a mere 3 minutes of automatic gainsaying, according to the video above.

i urge the current owners of Thai Visa to adopt the policy seen in the video above.Already in the news forum,contradiction and negation,regardless of known facts to the participants, are essential prerequisites in any debate.

It is but a small step to opening an office where Thai Visa could employ proficient debaters to contest any news issue or event, however important or trivial,with members who are aware of perhaps only10% of the facts. The opportunity for misunderstanding between members is thus limitless, and hence enticing more and more members to join the debate

A win- win for advertisers and owners alike!

Are you sure you're British?

Because if you were you'd be well aware that every single pub in the country would allow you to use their toilet.

So he'd have walked in had a leak and walked out with no need for a disagreement. Its because Thai's see us as fair game to rip off that they lack the basic decency to let someone use a toilet.

Everybody complaining about 700 for a drink. This place is full of cheap charlies.

You're just being foolish or being a poser if you think that is normal. That's a lot to pay for a drink anyplace, but especially this market. That isn't disparaging to Thailand, its just an economic truth. Google average cost of living NYC and BKK. It's not the same by scale. Just facts, not Hiso posturing.

Tall poppy syndrome at its best. Why frown upon people you perceive to be better than you? I accept everybody, no matter their social standing,or lack of.

I think the police are in a difficult position here. One one side, there is pressure to

preserve the positive image of Thailand, and on the other hand, they have to deal

with idiots like these Brits. From what I have read so far, it seems the Brit deserved

what he got.

I don't care how much the cocktails where ... he could have ordered a bottle of water.

The restaurant has the right to set it's prices as they see fit. And customers can either

order and pay for the items or move on ...

This Brit was obviously a retard and got what he deserved ...

The manager should have kept his cool as well ... but I don't see abusive behavior

from the Manager, just a reaction to an action ....

I hope this type of "tourists" stay home - we don't need more of these shit heads ...

Id like to read in any managers handout or any training curriculum anywhere in the world where it is ok and condoned to conduct violence i.e. "Anusive behavior" against any human being at any time. Please enlighten us all with your information.

Here's for all the argumentative people https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense.

That was your comment wasnt it Daveinasia? Shallow nonsense!!!!!!!!!!

All the best!

What makes sense is the fact that you have summarised quite well the fact that your discussion/argument/mudslinging is about Dutch/Irish culture and hospitality, and nothing at all to do with the Thai restaurant manager thumping a customer!

Edited by sambum

I'm with the manager on this, disgusting behavior by the Brit lout

Throwing the bill is rude. Not paying bill is low. Being punched in face is jai ron. Kaosan. Walked through it literally once. What a shithole that is...

Agree with you 100%.

I suspect that when angry westerners on this forum talk about how Thailand doesn't "respect" farangs [anymore], it's actually because something like this happened.

Now where in the world would anyone not have had a similar reaction to this kind of disgusting behaviour.

Why did he order cocktails for 700 THB? If I need to use a toilet when not at home i order a soft drink, do my thing on the toilet, drink my ordered drink, pay and leave. No big deal. Costs you maybe 40 Baht.. This guy was clearly drunk, or just being an A**hole tongue.png

Edited by SamuiAxe