Police arrest Khao Sarn restaurant manager who punched a British tourist

snoop1130

Then pay for a drink become a customer.. or are you such a cheap guy that you want to solve your problems at an other guys cost.

So an other guy with a business must oblige you because you have a problem and are to cheap to buy a drink and become a customer.

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense e.g. football, all day long. At least in Ireland you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything, even sober people, 555! No seriously, a Dutch bodybuilder who is calling the Irish stupid, that's hilarious. What have the Dutch ever accomplished besides building dikes and canals and robbing other countries blind? Look what you did to the Indonesians. The NL's is responsible for the apartheid and segregation in Southern Africa. I could go on for hours. The good thing about us 'drinking' Irish is that we are loved throughout the world for our culture of friendliness and warm heartedness and that we have never conquered any other countries and of course our literature, music and great whiskey's. You guys still can't win the world cup even though you've been in the final 3 times clap2.gif

You started the generalizing not me when you were loosing your argument, Irish are painted as the pissheads of the world and you as a bar owner drinking your own product you don't even deny that you were your own best customer. I have looked up the average IQ of the Irish and its below 100 while in the Netherlands its averaged at 102

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/top-10-countries-by-highest-average-iq/?view=all

So facts even show that Irish are not that bright. Especially given the fact you don't know your history that well about apartheid that South-Africa was taken over by the English long ago from the Dutch before apartheid ever existed. Now you are 100% right about Indonesia, no need to deny that as its a dark part of history. As for soccer find an other guy to tease about that if there is something that I absolutely dislike.. soccer.

So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations.

Now, if you can't see it cost money to run a bar and operate a toilet and keep it clean in a tourist place like Khoasarn where there are loads of freeloaders then at is your problem. Then denying that bars often have signs that say toilets only for customers all over the world. Strange to say the least. Then you called all Dutch cheap because i said you (you brought the whole generalizing into it not me)were cheap by wanting to go to a toilet for free instead of doing the civilized thing and order and pay for a cheap drink. So who started the whole battle between countries that you as al ex alcoholic Irish bar owner from a nation with a considerable lower IQ as the Netherlands started. I am a bodybuilder, but I am also an accountant and tax adviser who has good business insights and knows business don't need freeloaders.

So now we traded insults can we get back to the topic at hand or do you need more punishment.

Edited by robblok

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe any of this. Who actually made the complaint to the police? It is illogical for a 'victim' who knows he has some responsibility for an incident to report the assault, better to just get out and lick the wounds.

There are no public toilets on Kaosan Road. It is a major meeting point and hanging out place for thousands of dirty tourists wearing parachute pants and braiding their hair because they think That makes them look like a SE Asian tourist. If there are no toilets, where do the Thai think...oh, right...thinking hard mak mak.

I guess you haven't been over to Kao Sarn for a while then. You will mostly see middle class couples and couples with kids who look very clean with their socks, shoes, iPhones and credit cards.

What an arrogant and moronic thing to say; 'dirty tourists wearing parachute pants and braiding their hair'. How would you describe the tourists on Silom or Sukumwit? dirty old men hovering around go-go bars looking for cheap sex with ladyboys?

So, you hang out on Kaosan road so often that you can recognize tourist patterns?

Absurd. Make stuff up much?

The pom was a smart arse and deserved what he got. The patron should be the one prosecuted.

The Brit would not expect not to pay for his drinks in the uk, so why here, and throwing 20baht in the managers face is insulting.

kid is an idiot. and guilty of running on an unpaid bill. (if proven)

the manager should be responsible for assault

it is impossible to know details, as always.

95% of such event never make it to press in Thailand. I wonder how this kid is feeling / doing now that his face is youtubed

Then pay for a drink become a customer.. or are you such a cheap guy that you want to solve your problems at an other guys cost.

So an other guy with a business must oblige you because you have a problem and are to cheap to buy a drink and become a customer.

It's funny to see a Dutch guy accuse an Irish guy of being a cheapskate!! I thought you cloggies where infamous throughout the world for counting every penny you spend....555! In Ireland we don't charge people for having a leak in their pub as we are friendly, unlike in the NL's where one has taxes for everything, incl. toilet tax!! thumbsup.gif

Oh your Irish that explains it all, I thought i was talking to someone with a brain. You lot is well known to consume loads of alcohol and I bet in your bar your were your own best customer cheesy.gif

Let's continue with generalising for a bit. Let's not start about intelligence, lol. I lived in the NL's for a long time and I have to say that you lot are the most childish men I've ever met who talk nothing but shallow nonsense e.g. football, all day long. At least in Ireland you can have an intelligent conversation with anyone about anything, even sober people, 555! No seriously, a Dutch bodybuilder who is calling the Irish stupid, that's hilarious. What have the Dutch ever accomplished besides building dikes and canals and robbing other countries blind? Look what you did to the Indonesians. The NL's is responsible for the apartheid and segregation in Southern Africa. I could go on for hours. The good thing about us 'drinking' Irish is that we are loved throughout the world for our culture of friendliness and warm heartedness and that we have never conquered any other countries and of course our literature, music and great whiskey's. You guys still can't win the world cup even though you've been in the final 3 times clap2.gif

You started the generalizing not me when you were loosing your argument, Irish are painted as the pissheads of the world and you as a bar owner drinking your own product you don't even deny that you were your own best customer. I have looked up the average IQ of the Irish and its below 100 while in the Netherlands its averaged at 102

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/top-10-countries-by-highest-average-iq/?view=all

So facts even show that Irish are not that bright. Especially given the fact you don't know your history that well about apartheid that South-Africa was taken over by the English long ago from the Dutch before apartheid ever existed. Now you are 100% right about Indonesia, no need to deny that as its a dark part of history. As for soccer find an other guy to tease about that if there is something that I absolutely dislike.. soccer.

So what have the Irish done.. not much actually.. they were the lower class of the world shipped over the world to work and beg. They were looked down upon by most other nations.

Now, if you can't see it cost money to run a bar and operate a toilet and keep it clean in a tourist place like Khoasarn where there are loads of freeloaders then at is your problem. Then denying that bars often have signs that say toilets only for customers all over the world. Strange to say the least. Then you called all Dutch cheap because i said you (you brought the whole generalizing into it not me)were cheap by wanting to go to a toilet for free instead of doing the civilized thing and order and pay for a cheap drink. So who started the whole battle between countries that you as al ex alcoholic Irish bar owner from a nation with a considerable lower IQ as the Netherlands started. I am a bodybuilder, but I am also an accountant and tax adviser who has good business insights and knows business don't need freeloaders.

So now we traded insults can we get back to the topic at hand or do you need more punishment.

You're a racist who is breaking the board rules. Moderators, please issue a warning or I would prefer if you ban this village idiot.

There is not much to say about the matter here. are you a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. Englishmen are not the most polite people on this earth

You should qualify that, 'some Englishmen are not the most polite people on earth' we aren't all chavs from the slums, having said that i must admit that there are an awful lot about.

Spot on bundy, recently I also observed some loutish behaviour in a Suk hotel restaurant by some Brits, it was well past 6pm and most of them were not even in long sleeved shirts.

We used to get up to some shenanigans in the Mess, rugby and that with the Regiment silver, but all were dressed correctly.

And if they would only of let him use the head there would not of been a problem !! I own a bar restaurant and I allow everybody and anybody to use the head !! I know it's hard for some to understand this but it's called being nice & polite NOT BEING A DOUCHEBAG !!

Absolutely...

But they didn't allow him to..

Not paying the bill - or tossing $$ in someone's face is not being a "DOUCHEBAG?"

So, those that walk into your bar/ restaurant - can piss and shit in your toliet with no problem..

Give yourself a pat on the back for being so modest.

Do you have the same "user friendly" policy, when customers don't pay their bills in your establishment?

Dude it's a bathroom come and piss and shit all you want, Im not hung up on trying to squeeze money out of someone just for wanting to use the toilet !! And anyone who owns a bar or restaurant here will tell you sooner or later there will be some DOUCHEBAG that will walk out with out paying for the bill. If the staff catch them they tell them to pay , if they don't they call the police plain and simple !! It doesn't happen very often, life is to short to start kicking the shit out of every douchebag that doesn't pay their bill especially in a country where you don't know which side the cops are going to take !!

There is not much to say about the matter here. are you a jerk, you get treated like a jerk. Englishmen are not the most polite people on this earth

You should qualify that, 'some Englishmen are not the most polite people on earth' we aren't all chavs from the slums, having said that i must admit that there are an awful lot about.

Spot on bundy, recently I also observed some loutish behaviour in a Suk hotel restaurant by some Brits, it was well past 6pm and most of them were not even in long sleeved shirts.

We used to get up to some shenanigans in the Mess, rugby and that with the Regiment silver, but all were dressed correctly.

Since when has it been compulsory to wear long sleeved shirts after 6.00pm in Thailand ? I don't even own one.

I believe 'smart but casual' is accepted in most establishments.

Since when has it been compulsory to wear long sleeved shirts after 6.00pm in Thailand ? I don't even own one.

I think he was being sarcastic/ironic...

No. Guy enters bar. Can I use wc? No only customers. Ok in that case gimme a cocktail. Gut leaves for wc. Returns. Leaves cocktail untouched. Walks out w/out paying untouched drink. ? ? ??

The muppet ordered an expensive cocktail, what were the bar staff supposed to do, pour it back into the components' bottles?

No. Guy enters bar. Can I use wc? No only customers. Ok in that case gimme a cocktail. Gut leaves for wc. Returns. Leaves cocktail untouched. Walks out w/out paying untouched drink. ? ? ??

The muppet ordered an expensive cocktail, what were the bar staff supposed to do, pour it back into the components' bottles?

No offer it to the nats... Next t o the bananas and the rice....?

700 baht of cocktails? We're only hearing one side of the story here.

I dont know what size budget you live on , but i often pay around 1500 baht for cocktails.

You are soooooooo hiso!!! The most expensive drink I had in los was 100thb for a large Leo at the local karaoke/brothel joint. Stroking the girl's leg was included in that price ???

Everybody complaining about 700 for a drink. This place is full of cheap charlies.

Sure. You're here too? And not in French Riviera or Tuscany... Thailand IS and always was a destiny for cheap backpackers and sexpats. Highend tourist dont stay at KS Road...

Everybody complaining about 700 for a drink. This place is full of cheap charlies.

Sure. You're here too? And not in French Riviera or Tuscany... Thailand IS and always was a destiny for cheap backpackers and sexpats. Highend tourist dont stay at KS Road...

High end tourists who are young, want to mix with other fun loving young uns do, they dont want to waste their life posting on social media about someone hitting someone else. They have a life other than being key board warriors.

High end tourists who are young, want to mix with other fun loving young uns do, they dont want to waste their life posting on social media about someone hitting someone else. They have a life other than being key board warriors.

High end tourists who are young... LOL, they don't come to Thailand. Thailand is and always was home of (as for farlangs):

- cheap charlies (all ages, all kinds, all nationalities)

- wanna-be 'rich' (people probably like yourself who think being able to afford 700thb on a drink is actually highend)

- old guys (probably like yourself too) looking for uneducated females who are impressed when uncle farlang pays 700thb for drinks

thumbsup.gif

didnt read the whole thread but I still dont see any evidence the drinks were even ordered, unless you include the crazy thai guy thats likely on yabas testimony

and judging by the police reaction they dont seem to either

but hey, it was thems young people, they dont know that the grumpy olds mens club have got it in for them

Edited by phycokiller

You're just being foolish or being a poser if you think that is normal. That's a lot to pay for a drink anyplace, but especially this market. That isn't disparaging to Thailand, its just an economic truth. Google average cost of living NYC and BKK. It's not the same by scale. Just facts, not Hiso posturing.

Edited by JayInBKK

And neither are you to tar every Englishman with the same brush - are you a jerk? Yes!

I think he was being sarcastic/ironic...

Yes, some people don't appreciate it sarcasm or irony - usually non - Brits!

700 baht of cocktails? We're only hearing one side of the story here.

Agreed, some missing details.

Cocktails and in plural, so that is more than one. He was also part of a group. I have often paid in the 200bt range or more for cocktails does not sound strange at all. But this guy was just taking the pics vindictively ordering something expensive and then leaving without paying because he could not use the toilet for free.

I really wonder if you guys ever go out in Bangkok or even have been in Khaosarn the 700 for a few cocktails is quite believable.

A number of questions and issues with the whole thing

Firstly, as someone said early in the thread, what a couple of damn hooray henrys, man, they annoys me seeing their faces and listening to their voices! tongue.png

These are the 'backpackers' now, not like when I started travelling in Thailand. The middle classes, 'gap years' and more about getting hammered than temples but they still bring the same or even worse 'cheap' behaviour they utilise in their student days. Trying to get by on as little as possible all whilst posting on facebook on your super expensive phones! Switch Thailand for anywhere, they come away to get wasted and 'have fun' and Thailand is just the backdrop to that

[/Generalisation over] whistling.gif

That Thai bloke looked like an angry little fella too but having spent a lot of time in Khao San, I think dealing with some of these 'kids' has the potential to really try your patience. All the cliches you got about not wanting to spend money ... well, add more entitlement and a student-y feel rather than 'traveller' feel and that's Khao San nowadays

Also, someone mentioned public toilets, well, Khao San isn't that big, there are actual toilets in a small plaza there and it's 5 baht. There is so much street drinking there that you can go in almost anywhere and pay 5 or 10 baht to go to the toilet, it's really not a big deal, it's pretty much everywhere

If they're doing that and they just want to go somewhere to go to the toilet for free then I can see the manager getting annoyed. Imagine how many people trying to get something for nothing every day. The sheer volume of people in the streets there if you're giving out free toilet time you can guarantee everyone will be passing through

You may think it's a small thing to go to the toilet for free but it's Thailand ... I made my peace with it, you generally pay to go to the toilet in Thailand in a hell of a lot of places! It's the way it is and it's the way it is around Khao San

If he's saving himself 5 or 10 baht then he's an idiot. If he did order a bunch of drinks to make himself seem important and then walk off then he's a rude idiot as well. Play the game. Why are you avoiding 5 or 10 baht to go to the toilet? facepalm.gif Not sure what equated to 700 baht in drinks but can imagine 'yeah, we're gonna drink ... give me xyz' and then toilet and leave and annoying people, if that is what happened then you're not being clever you're being a <deleted>

No excuse for smacking people but honestly, even being around some of this lot, an entire few streets of them ... I can see how people get wound up.

High end tourists who are young... LOL, they don't come to Thailand. Thailand is and always was home of (as for farlangs):

- cheap charlies (all ages, all kinds, all nationalities)

- wanna-be 'rich' (people probably like yourself who think being able to afford 700thb on a drink is actually highend)

- old guys (probably like yourself too) looking for uneducated females who are impressed when uncle farlang pays 700thb for drinks

thumbsup.gif

Assumption assumption assumption. Me, cheap charlie, no wanna be rich , no , got plenty to see me comfortable, old guy,yes, but, looking for uneducated females,no,there are enough uneducated keyboard warriors already taking care of that.

didnt read the whole thread but I still dont see any evidence the drinks were even ordered, unless you include the crazy thai guy thats likely on yabas testimony

and judging by the police reaction they dont seem to either

but hey, it was thems young people, they dont know that the grumpy olds mens club have got it in for them

i was talking with a thai friend about this story, and he told me even thai people dont believe the thai manager. Most thai people do think the young british is innocent of any wrongdoing and the thai criminal just wanted a fight.

Now just go ask your thai gf/wife what she think, and you will get the same answer....smile.png

I'm with the manager on this, disgusting behavior by the Brit lout

Throwing the bill is rude. Not paying bill is low. Being punched in face is jai ron. Kaosan. Walked through it literally once. What a shithole that is...

Trying to leave without paying your bill is theft and illegal and is an arrest-able offence

So is punching someone in the face instead of calling policethumbsup.gif ............aren't .police supposed to side with thais smile.png

Pity he didn't take this kind of recoursewub.png

Ordering drinks and then refusing to pay is theft. He ordered them and thought he's simply piss off (no pun intended) and be a smart-arse Jack the lad.

He also committed an assault by throwing something, in this case ThB 20 in the face of the manager. An insulting assault.

Either pissed, arrogant prat or both.

No excuse for violence but one thump after someone chucked something in his face is pretty restrained. Maybe simply a reaction. Chuck something in someones face from close quarters and many will instinctively hit out.

Another lout from the UK we can do without.

I've worked in both countries. Irish hospitality - awesome. And I've never met stupid Irish person, male or female, in Ireland or Britain.

Netherlands - wonderfully liberal. No one judges you, and most people are helpful and friendly. Food is worst in Europe (even the French I worked with agreed) but it's one of the cleanest places I've been to.

Now, in either country, if you ordered drinks and then tried to leave without paying and threw money in someone's face and insulted them, what would be the likely outcome?

The Thai manager thumped him once. Pretty restrained and possibly simply a defense reaction.

Sure, it was mean to refuse use of the toilet. But many establishments in the UK have signs up saying rest rooms for patrons only. Pubs - Public Houses can't do that. They are open to all unless a person his specifically banned by the licensee.