Garbage in CNX

Beng

How do you think those mountains in the background originated, they weren't there 50 years ago. Seriously though, im guessing somewhere upstream of the towns water supply

Let's hope not.

I believe a lot of the green waste....that is food scraps and the like go to pig farms somewhere.

I've seen (And smelt) big trucks carting stuff both North and South of Chiang Mai.

Not great getting stuck behind one while riding a motorcy. They are pretty well covered with a tarp but sometimes leakage does occur...beware it's nasty stuff to get on you or your vehicle. Doesn't smell great either.

Large trucks haul it to a "landfill" between Chom Thong and Hot. Downstream of any water source for Chiang Mai.

That is min. a 4 hr return trip in a truck.

Ran across a large landfill in Mae Taeng mountain biking a few years ago. Constant burning and quite a few residents rummaging through the refuse. The smell in the area of plastic burning and organic decomposition was indescribable, and kept me from getting any closer than 200 meters from the entrance. The were essentially filling a canyon on a low ridge.