B-visa & Cancelling WP Question

Hi, and apologies for asking. I know it is somewhere in this forum, but I spent an hour looking with no direct answer to my situation, and my time here may be short or not. I simply need some closure on this issue so I can relax and move on with other plans.

Briefly, I have a business visa with a work permit. My company is cancelling my work permit but they won't tell me when and they have my work permit. Nothing bad going on here, but they are just too lazy (I guess) to tell me when. My passport shows my validation stamp up until July 30, 2016.

Question 1: If, say, my work permit is cancelled without my knowledge, any time before July 30, then am I OK to go until July 30 and not be on overstay?

Question 2: If I am OK and can go until July 30, then if, say, I want to go on a retirement visa, don't I need a cancellation letter from my former employer to close out my B visa properly in my passport?

Whether I decide to get any other kind of visa here in Thailand, or simply leave the country, I simply do not want any surprises at immigration, the border or the airport, whichever I decide.

It is the pesky work permit cancellation I am concerned about, and sure could use that time up until July 30 to grant me some breathing room to compose my thoughts. Thank you very much.

Are you SURE that you actually have a Valid "B" visa --------------If so nothing needs be done and you can remain in Thailand until the visa expires.

However, if you have an extension of stay based on work the extension becomes invalid on the day you cease(d) work.

Are you SURE that you actually have a Valid "B" visa --------------If so nothing needs be done and you can remain in Thailand until the visa expires.

However, if you have an extension of stay based on work the extension becomes invalid on the day you cease(d) work.

Hi, and sorry for the wait. I flipped through my passport and found this page. I believe this is the valid B visa you mentioned is needed.

https://goo.gl/photos/Kc1SEuh6ZQWsE4kK9

Appreciate any information from the photo, and thank you, johnatong.

Edited by Truckin Man

Hi, and sorry for the wait. I flipped through my passport and found this page. I believe this is the valid B visa you mentioned is needed.

That is dated 2009/10 and therefore long outdated.

You must have something in the passport which is more recent.

That is the stamp they do when you get a new passport. It has info about the old passport and info about the visa used for entry. The stamp below it is a stamp showing the date of that entry and date the permit to stay allowed by that visa ends.

A visa is on a full page visa sticker unless it a stamp done by immigration for a as part of a conversion to a non immigrant visa.

You probably have an extension stamp that looks something like this one.

post-66997-0-75922100-1427685885_thumb.j

That is the stamp they do when you get a new passport. It has info about the old passport and info about the visa used for entry. The stamp below it is a stamp showing the date of that entry and date the permit to stay allowed by that visa ends.

A visa is on a full page visa sticker unless it a stamp done by immigration for a as part of a conversion to a non immigrant visa.

You probably have an extension stamp that looks something like this one.

Hey UbonJoe... thanks. Honestly speaking, I saw a couple of your posts and I am impressed with your knowledge, even though sometimes I don't understand what you are talking about... but it makes sense, if that makes sense.

I have my old passport somewhere and I will dig it out and find that full page stamp and scan it to you guys. Thanks to the both of you. Gotta get some sleep now, but give me about a day or two to find that old passport. Really... thanks loads!

-Feeling better!