How to invite Family Mart to my condo development?

I am wondering if anyone has ever approached one of those convenient stores to invite them to start a business at your condo.

My current condo is 100 meters into the Soi, but we do have a 7 Eleven outside the Soi across the road. I have spoken to the Juristic Office before but they asked if I could help instead.

Please share your experience.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I would be surprised if one condo building had enough foot-fall to support a Family Mart or 7/11 on its own, especially if there is already another 100 yards away.

The franchise overheads on these places are high and they need a lot of turnover to show a profit. Why not just set up a Mom&Pop type store which can choose what it sells and has no franchise costs?

I would be surprised if one condo building had enough foot-fall to support a Family Mart or 7/11 on its own, especially if there is already another 100 yards away.

The franchise overheads on these places are high and they need a lot of turnover to show a profit. Why not just set up a Mom&Pop type store which can choose what it sells and has no franchise costs?

The local "entrepreneurs" will grab a shop or two at every new development to run their own minimart and laundry. More often than not, the minimart run by locals are "mai mee air", lazy and lacks everything. It's the residents who have to serve them, and they are quite happy to rake in 3000 baht revenue a day and close shop at 9 pm. Basically, these are the "parasites" of the any condo developments, which is why OP is looking for a 24-hour established brand to run the show.

Family mart works on the franchising principle, same as 7-11.you need to find someone willing to purchase a franchise to open jn yr condo. info here http://www.familymart.co.th/fc_en.html. Make sure a sufficient number ((majority) of the owners have approved the assignment of the common area space for commercial purposes by voting at an AGM or EGM.

Look no further than Atlantis @ Jomtien. In my opinion, the presence of 7 Eleven within the precincts adds value to the condo project.

Have a read of this article. It may answer some of your questions.

http://wanhoffs-thailand.blogspot.com/2014/04/why-are-so-many-711-in-thailand-7-in-my.html?m=1

If the author lives in Thailand he may want to reconsider his claims about CP cheating its business partners. pretty brazen even by US standards.

It's not the first time I hear that claim. I don't know what is the royalty fee that CP charges out of the franchisee's profits, but since almost half of the 7-elevens in Thailand are fully owned by them and not a franchise, it would not surprise me. It's obviously more profitable for CP to drive the franchisee out of business. Edited by lkv

I was thinking of the antii-defamation laws, whether or not the claims are true or not doesn't seem to be much of an issue in the enforcement of them.

Edited by Rob13

Have a read of this article. It may answer some of your questions.

http://wanhoffs-thailand.blogspot.com/2014/04/why-are-so-many-711-in-thailand-7-in-my.html?m=1

If the author lives in Thailand he may want to reconsider his claims about CP cheating its business partners. pretty brazen even by US standards.

Where did the author mention the word "cheat" or any word whose meaning is even remotely close to cheat?

Look no further than Atlantis @ Jomtien. In my opinion, the presence of 7 Eleven within the precincts adds value to the condo project.

The 7/11 at Atlantis is rather different in that it is on a busy main road, not 100 yards down some side soi. Also I wonder if the OP's condo is as large as Atlantis is.

Personally I walk past 7/11s and Family Marts to get to a little Mom&Pop store as it's cheaper and they have more interesting products. But I dont use it very often as 99.9% of my shopping is done at BigC and Makro. Given the choice I would prefer to live in a building with no shops or commerce of any type on the premises.

I am wondering if anyone has ever approached one of those convenient stores to invite them to start a business at your condo.

My current condo is 100 meters into the Soi, but we do have a 7 Eleven outside the Soi across the road. I have spoken to the Juristic Office before but they asked if I could help instead.

Thank you.

Why stop at a 7-Eleven or Family Mart?

Why not check if Pizza Hut or a McDonald's will move into the same building?

How about they move the beach to the front of your building?

Just goofing with you..

It would nice to have a 7-Eleven or Family Mart in the same property/building as your condo..

Good Luck....

Edited by D3030

Thank you.

Why stop at a 7-Eleven or Family Mart?

Why not check if Pizza Hut or a McDonald's will move into the same building?

How about they move the beach to the front of your building?

Just goofing with you..

It would nice to have a 7-Eleven or Family Mart in the same property/building as your condo..

Good Luck....

I am really pissed with the way the local convenience store living off the condo.