First a python now this - water monitor is latest visitor in a Thai house

rooster59

First a python now this - water monitor is latest visitor in a Thai house

post-247607-0-39857300-1464487638_thumb.

Image: Thairath

BANG PAKONG: Just days after an unwelcome python bit a man's never you mind as he was doing his morning business came another story from the same Bang Pakong area.

This time it was a three metre long water monitor causing all the trouble though it was more interested in the family cat than the family "jewels".

The lizard catchers had to be called in by Renu Chiawpramong,61, after the monster had taken up residence under a pile of wood in his garage. After trying to lasso the errant reptile a couple of men managed to grab him, hood him and tie him to a stretcher before taking him away to release in another area.

Renu said the monitor had tried to take a bit out of his cat and fears that family members might be in danger prompted him to call in the experts.

The Tha Kham area is very close to where the three metre python grabbed onto the man while he was squatting on the toilet earlier this week. That time there was a lot of blood and a hospital stay - this time it all passed off peacefully. The area is very close to water and swampy inlets and all sorts of snakes and lizards are common sights for people who live there.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-29

You do see the tail being held by the man in black jacket? Looks like 3 meters to me.

Edit: there are also more reports on snakes in toilets today - and these were western style - so better keep those eyes open before sitting.

Edited by lopburi3

They can grew up to 4.0-4.5 metres. I have two large ones in my khlong. They sometimes come out for a stroll around my garden, but are generally well behaved. It's the smaller ones (2.5 m teenagers and 1.0 m babies) that cause me problems by pooping in my pool and surprising me wife inside the house. None are aggressive and feed very well on the numerous large fish in the khlong. The smaller ones generally run away when I growl at them; but the larger ones just look at me with utter disdain. Those in Lumpini Park can get quite aggressive as I guess there aren't enough fish to go round.

Edited by catterwell

They can grew up to 4.0-4.5 metres. I have two large ones in my khlong. They sometimes come out for a stroll around my garden, but are generally well behaved. It's the smaller ones (2.5 m teenagers and 1.0 m babies) that cause me problems by pooping in my pool and surprising me wife inside the house. None are aggressive and feed very well on the numerous large fish in the khlong. The smaller ones generally run away when I growl at them; but the larger ones just look at me with utter disdain. Those in Lumpini Park can get quite aggressive as I guess there aren't enough fish to go round.

You're pooping in your pool????

You're pooping in your pool????

The monitor lizards!

Caught a 2 meter long one in the ceiling of my house on the 1st floor just last year, couple years ago there was one in the ceiling of my 2nd floor. One of the pillars in my house is hollow that is how they climb up, yes they can climb vertically.

Got the guard to help catch it, these lizards are strong, takes 3 men to pull it down as their claws are sharp and they have a strong grip.