Woman fails to save friend in Australian crocodile attack

webfact

The area was well sign posted. The Aussie Politician was right you can,t legislate against Human stupidity. Maybe he was too blunt in his statement but from Rockhampton North in Queensland is known as crocodile territory. <deleted> did they think might happen. for 50 of my 60 years I have read of croc attacks and the spread of the croc population. Only a complete idiot kiwi would not know that. Personally I have no sympathy. Would be the same as me walking into a Tiger cage. What do you think might happen. Here kitty kitty. She was stupid and paid the price. Ceste la viv. Blunt or not the Politician was right

Hilarious. Gotta love this disconnect as well as the elegance possessed by the Foster drinking, inbred tomatoed faced MPs in Australia. Lol, al least laser those dang capillaries if you are going to drink yourself into tomatoe face.

trying to emulate johnny depp? by the way, the only ones in australia who drink 'foster's are tourists.

Yeah get it right F450murci, NO ONE drinks Fosters in Oz except Barry Mackenzie and Paul Hogan sick.gif

Ya dill! gigglem.gif

You got me thinking though... maybe Barnyard does drink Foster's... he's dopey enough that's for sure.

Doesn't anyone drink Boags Export Lager? That was always my favourite. licklips.gif

One off-topic post has been removed. The thread isn't about beer. Please feel free to open a topic in another section of the forum if you wish to discuss the best types of beer in Australia.

It's easy to 2nd guess what happens in an emergency, but it might have been effective to jam a thumb into the croc's eye.

I think that would make the croc even more angrier.

And very hard to do when he takes you into his 'roll' - clearly no idea about crocs.

Only a person like those ladies would believe sticking a thumb in the eye would work - which the pollie summed up best.

Even though there are warning signs at prime threat locations, people (especially tourists and visitors) just don't appreciate how numerous these big lizards are along the coast, estuaries, and rivers of North Australia. And, their numbers are increasing as they expand their range into areas of human habitation.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Talk about legislating against stupidity, this is one practice that should be banned, teaching crocs to jump up alongside watercraft is incredibly STOOPID.

Damn fools.

You are right.. and wow.. that croc is huge... humans don't stand a chance. (unarmed)

Even though there are warning signs at prime threat locations, people (especially tourists and visitors) just don't appreciate how numerous these big lizards are along the coast, estuaries, and rivers of North Australia. And, their numbers are increasing as they expand their range into areas of human habitation.

attachicon.gif1.jpg

Talk about legislating against stupidity, this is one practice that should be banned, teaching crocs to jump up alongside watercraft is incredibly STOOPID.

Damn fools.

You are right.. and wow.. that croc is huge... humans don't stand a chance. (unarmed)

Hello old friend,

It's a terribly dangerous practice and there are a lot of large crocs up north these days, now that they're protected, a lot of these monsters lurk and fisherman sitting in little vessels now need to consider that some of these crocs have been 'conditioned' to lunge and jump for food. People think these creatures are stupid, but stupid they are not. They will sit, wait and watch their prey for hours, days and weeks, they learn patterns and then position themselves for the best time to strike.

Some years ago I spent a few months up north, each and every day I would head out to fish, not far from where I was staying there was a fantastic location but it was only about 100 yards long with only 3 or 4 'safe' locations to stand and fish from. Very quickly I learnt I was being watched and I made sure I constantly alternated my posy. A visit to any of these spots at nightfall revealed literally dozens of sets of beady eyes at the water line.

These guys are the ultimate survivors, they were here when large dinosaurs roamed the earth and been on the planet for nearly as long as some of these forum moderators :P

They beautiful to watch but there literally no chance of escape if they get you on or near the water, they will quickly drown you with a death roll.......these are NOT ALIGATORS.

The tourist croc jumping thing has been critised by many locals and there have been incidents of crocs attacking small vessels, which is a bit unusual really.

Have you read the story about 'sweetheart' ? Sweetheart is now on display in the Darwin Museam and it's only when you stand alongside this croc that you realise how massive they are. Terrifying.

Theres some awesome fishing at the top of Australia, anywhere through the gulf country from Qld thru to the Northern Territory and then across the top of WA, but you need to watch the tides up there. From memory, Derbys has tides up to around 10 metres and I've heard stories about guys hitting the waterways in small tin eyes with 20 & 30hp outboard motors being caught up when the tides move and sitting along a river in the one spot with their engines maxed out.......let. Me tell you, you don't want to be caught out on the mud flats sitting in your low sided tinnie with those big lizards sliding alongside your 4 meter vessel as it sits on the mudflats awaiting the tide to come in. 555555.

Even along the gulf coastline the tide moves 3-4 meters and it does it fast, best to fish up there with people that have been doing it a while ;)

Having said that, locals also get taken by crocs and it always happens when they get complacent. Anyway, I'd rather the crocs of northern oz over the lions, leopards and other huge eating cats of Africa 5555555 generally with the crocs you just need to stay out of the water and check the home pool before jumping in. Lol.

http://www.news.com.au/national/pranksters-dump-saltwater-crocodile-in-public-swimming-pool/story-e6frfkvr-1226128197004