Top Gear returns to BBC Two with new hosts

webfact

It was utter sh*te no matter how the Ginger Minger or the BBC wants to try and spin it. The " Extra Gear " was even more cringeworthy than the main program. It proves conclusively that just because you tick the politically correct BBC boxes doesn't make you any good in front of a camera. The black guy, sorry there is me being racist again, The person of colour presenter was absolutely pathetic. as were the rest. The only reason they got the job is because the BBC doesn't have to rely on talent, personality or a great screen presence because the stupid British public pays for it all. In the real world of broadcasting if you are <deleted> you simply do not get the job even if you are black, gay, female, non British or disabled.

If I was the BBC I would be trying to get Clarkson to buy the brand whilst they still have any brand left worth selling

It wasn't a fracas. Clarkson assaulted the producer physically. The moronic repetitive idiot deserved to be sacked and should have been prosecuted for assault. No doubt the "luvvies" at the Beeb pressured the victim not to press charges.

Producer girl?blink.png

How old Clarkson? How he can "assaulted the producer physically."?blink.png I hear producer not have even 40..

Baerboxer are you girl?rolleyes.gif

PS

Top Ger with out Clarkson look as pathetic freak. IMHO

You make me laugh Ardo. thumbsup.gif

It wasn't a fracas. Clarkson assaulted the producer physically. The moronic repetitive idiot deserved to be sacked and should have been prosecuted for assault. No doubt the "luvvies" at the Beeb pressured the victim not to press charges.

Producer girl?blink.png

How old Clarkson? How he can "assaulted the producer physically."?blink.png I hear producer not have even 40..

PS

The producer was male. Their age is irrelevant. You punch a co-worker in the face, you expect to get the sack - whoever you are.

Incidentally, I'm glad to see Chris Evans annoys a lot of people. Clarkson annoyed a lot of people, too, so he's a fitting replacement.

The difference is that although Clarkson may have upset a lot of people, the majority of people enjoyed watching him, whereas Evens is a complete tosser who will kill the show off.

I cannot find one decent review of Evans' first stab as the TG host.

Producer girl?blink.png

PS

The producer was male. Their age is irrelevant. You punch a co-worker in the face, you expect to get the sack - whoever you are.

What if you are a professional boxer? crazy.gif

Producer girl?blink.png

PS

Even if its going to cost you millions of pounds? and one other thing Clarkson made over 14 million quid by being sacked .

Incidentally, I'm glad to see Chris Evans annoys a lot of people. Clarkson annoyed a lot of people, too, so he's a fitting replacement.

The difference is that although Clarkson may have upset a lot of people, the majority of people enjoyed watching him, whereas Evens is a complete tosser who will kill the show off.

No. The difference is that this time he annoys you.

Plenty of us put up with Clarkson being annoying for years. I guess it's your turn to deal with it.

I thought he did ok. For some reason his voiceovers felt quite stilted at times, and the sound in the studio was quite poor which made him sound rather like a man shouting at a warehouse full of people much of the time - I think they've gone a bit over the top with the size of the audience which doesn't help. But he's not a write off for sure. Like any new show it needs a couple of episodes to work the bugs out, but I think he'll be fine.

He's not Clarkson. But Clarkson is gone. You either need to get over that or stop watching.

Producer girl?blink.png

PS

What if you are a professional boxer? crazy.gif

Fair point.

I'm not sure how well Clarkson would get on over a few rounds in the ring with a pro. But I'd pay to watch.

No. The difference is that this time he annoys you.

Plenty of us put up with Clarkson being annoying for years. I guess it's your turn to deal with it.

I thought he did ok. For some reason his voiceovers felt quite stilted at times, and the sound in the studio was quite poor which made him sound rather like a man shouting at a warehouse full of people much of the time - I think they've gone a bit over the top with the size of the audience which doesn't help. But he's not a write off for sure. Like any new show it needs a couple of episodes to work the bugs out, but I think he'll be fine.

He's not Clarkson. But Clarkson is gone. You either need to get over that or stop watching.

Have you not researched and read the reviews before you posted?

It's not just me that Evans annoys, it's near enough everyone that wrote a review (on the countless sites that I have found).

As for get over it or stop watching, I totally agree with you.

I will stop watching and so will the majority of the audience, who were until now faithful to the show.

Yes Clarkson is gone but with him gone the show is dead.

RIP Top Gear.

I judge things by watching them myself, not by reading what others think about them.

Sure, lots of people aren't prepared to give it a chance - Clarkson has become a kind of totemic figure for a certain group of men - but I've seen some cautiously positive reviews too.

I feel for Evans and his team to be honest. Launching a new show is tough at the best of times. Doing it with this weight of expectations must be a nightmare.

I judge things by watching them myself, not by reading what others think about them.

Sure, lots of people aren't prepared to give it a chance - Clarkson has become a kind of totemic figure for a certain group of men - but I've seen some cautiously positive reviews too.

I feel for Evans and his team to be honest. Launching a new show is tough at the best of times. Doing it with this weight of expectations must be a nightmare.

For the new presenters of Top Gear which I have not seen I will share the advice of my drill instructor from many years ago.

If you can't take a joke then you shouldn't have joined.

The trouble is he didn't launch a NEW show. He launched a very poor imitation of a much loved program and failed miserably. The only thing he changed was the track slightly and the car in the " star in a reasonably priced car " to a high performance, expensive car which sort of defeats the whole point of the program.

Evans was just what TV needed 30 years ago the trouble is he still thinks he is modern and with it so to speak. My money is he won't see it out till the end of this season. He takes criticism worse than a Labour leader does and predict he will spit out his dummy and rip the teddy bear to bits thumbsup.gif

Soi, Both the BBC and Evans do not understand just what made Top Gear as popular as it was. They just don't get that 3 Blokes that are as anti PC as you could get away with got millions of people watching. You just have to look at the politically correct box ticking presenter lineup. Clarkson, Hammond and May had that rare chemistry that only Blokes have. You cannot fake or copy this as was shown. The new presenters could remake a program word for word and it just wouldn't work. Take the three wheeler section. The boys did this a few years ago and it was hilarious. Evans and LeBlanc's version was cringeworthy in the extreme and Matt looked visibly embarrassed.

Evans had the chance to make the show his own and he bottled it and simply tried to copy Clarkson and the boys. Evans might get a few new followers because of who he is but the vast majority of Top Gear fans will not be watching it. Me included

• 1 month later...

Cameron, Boris, most of the shadow cabinet, Farage and now Ginger Nut, all resign following Brexit, Though I think Ginger jumped before he was pushed and it had nothing to do with Brexit. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Maybe the catering has not improved, well at least he did not beat up the producer.

Edited by Basil B

topic continues here:

'Top Gear' stalls as ratings plummet; host Evans quits
ADELA SULIMAN, Associated Press

LONDON (AP) — "Top Gear" host Chris Evans announced Monday that he's quitting the BBC's flagship car show after just one series.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/929593-top-gear-stalls-as-ratings-plummet;-host-evans-quits/

//CLOSED//

/Admin