'No need to ask, I'm going': Thai man shares uplifting story about his taxi-driving neighbor

webfact

'No need to ask, I'm going': Thai man shares uplifting story about his taxi-driving neighbor
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi1_0.jpg
Photo: Nattapol Mookkhun

BANGKOK: -- On social media, a Thai man shared the story of his new neighbor, a Bangkok taxi driver with a great attitude who never rejects passengers.

Facebook user Nattapol Mookkhun shared a photo of his neighbor with his green-yellow taxi, which circulated on Facebook last week. The taxi is full of messages written in permanent markers such as "No need to ask, I'm going," and "Free rides for border soldier and police. Show your card if you want free service."

The taxi driver, later identified as Theerapong Saenseeha, 42, said he gives free taxi service to border soldiers and police in order to show his support to those who serve the country because sometimes it just feels good to give.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/05/30/no-need-ask-im-going-thai-man-shares-uplifting-story-about-his-taxi-driving-neighbor

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-05-30

Being a taxi driver is boring, nobody ever talks to me.

And when they can be bothered to talk, all they say is "Hang on a minute, I don't live in the woods".......................................coffee1.gif

Nice little number. Makes a refreshing change from up U jack attitude and now how can I rip U off , this I might add is world wide plague and is not confined to anyone or particular employment , generally, caused by the I want it now Credit card syndrome and facebook........................coffee1.gif

Commendable attitude of a real-life hero.

Now, if only the other two gazillion rogue taxi drivers would follow his example and do what their self-chosen profession demands them to do, Thailand would be one little step closer to becoming a better society.

Was in MBK Sunday, normally have own transportation but not this time. You get a que number and taxi drivers that dont want to take you have to leave and go back to the end of the que. Good solution there slowly at some spots things do improve.

Granted, I don't use taxis that much as I usually drive myself. However I've never had any really bad experience with Thai taxis, besides the occasional bad driver or guy so obviously exhausted that he could fall asleep any time.

And I really do like chatting with them. Most of them are friendly and very curious to know more about me (and no, I'm not only thinking of the 2 or 3 same questions asked all the time)

Talking politics with taxi drivers is an interesting experience too, it's fun especially for hearing them talking trash of the junta.

I guess the tourist promotions are lacking of find some taxi driver who hunted around foreigner down to give him the hundreds of thousands of baht he entered in the taxi. So out with this story instead. So nice they had to go so far south to find him.

These guys are so annoying. In some tourist-areas where you are constantly bothered by lazy and greedy TucTuc- and Taxi-Drivers when you take a walk ("Hey. Mister! Hey! Hey. Where do you go? Yes! Hey. Massage?!") and honked at, I would love to spray the opposite on the doors of THEIR stupid vehicels: "No need to ask me! I am going by myself. Leave me alone!"

These guys are so annoying. In some tourist-areas where you are constantly bothered by lazy and greedy TucTuc- and Taxi-Drivers when you take a walk ("Hey. Mister! Hey! Hey. Where do you go? Yes! Hey. Massage?!") and honked at, I would love to spray the opposite on the doors of THEIR stupid vehicels: "No need to ask me! I am going by myself. Leave me alone!"

Many moons ago there were tshirts like that, no?

Give them a break they are just trying to make some money. If they just ignored you and you wanted a taxi you would be moaning even more. Motor cycle taxi's ask me when I am walking but I dont get upset by it. It is part of living in Thailand