What malls are in the srinakarin area?

PomRakBKK

Out of all the malls around here, Paradise Park is by far the best for my personal likening. Villa market which is no different than the one on Thonglor, then 9naliga to service / trade my watches.

Some casual sport shop to buy some gym clothes and I think they even got a cineplex. Not much people around for a Saturday evening, so my trip was very enjoyable.

I think I can really get used to this side of town. There is really no reason to drive back to Sukhumvit unless it's business related or to visit some friends. Everything you can find on Siam (except the high-end brand names), you can find in this part of town too, if you look hard enough.

Niche-Cars is around the corner too, so I can get my car serviced without driving half way across Bangkok. Lots of personal plus points for me around here.

So far so good - no complaints. Traffic is a bit of headache at certain times but therefor the housing prices are still reasonable as it's not overrun by foreigners, BTS/MRT lines or any of this stuff. Most people around here, or at least in our village seem to be higher middle class thais with a condo in the city for work (mo - fri) and pay off their mortgage for their house in the suburbs (Srinakarin), which they utilize on the weekends and holidays.

Just judging by the cars in the parking lots and the occupancy during the week vs the weekend.

Any more tips regarding restaurants, activities are welcome. Still looking for something like a proper Spa, preferable with a tennis court. Any leads would be great. Not a golfer, as I still have an active sex life - so I'll pass on that biggrin.png

Paradise (Seri centre as was) is an excellent place. Quiet too. We often go to the cinema there. We've never found a restaurant there that we really like unfortunately. Great to visit Villa. Parking most the time there is ok (must be the widest parking bays in Thailand). If Paradise was moved over night to central bkk it wouldn't be out of place but it's less frequented than other malls in the area. Rama 9 park behind Paradise is worth a visit. Traffic near Paradise has improved greatly since they built the underpass closeby. Yep, good place.

We've never found a restaurant there that we really like unfortunately.

Just down the road used to be a Mexican join the mrs and I loved going to.

In Paradise we love the Southern Thai food place.

Can you give more details?

Love Mexican food, there's a little place in Mega right next to Subway where I get mexican food now, but a mexican on srinakharin, where is it?

Where's the Southern Thai food place in Paradise? Can you remember which floor or its name as we'd like to try it.

Today I had lunch in Wine Connection in Mega. Very good as usual, place was half full of farlang families.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

We've never found a restaurant there that we really like unfortunately.

Just down the road used to be a Mexican join the mrs and I loved going to.

In Paradise we love the Southern Thai food place.

Can you give more details?

Love Mexican food, there's a little place in Mega right next to Subway where I get mexican food now, but a mexican on srinakharin, where is it?

Where's the Southern Thai food place in Paradise? Can you remember which floor or its name as we'd like to try it.

Today I had lunch in Wine Connection in Mega. Very good as usual, place was half full of farlang families.

On the Mexican place, bad news and good news.

I went to their website to find it has been closed.

Luckily they have a Face Ache page, which says they are moving to a new location on Suk soi 77,

https://www.facebook.com/ElMariachiBKK/

I know the place you refer to in Mega.

Southern Food place in Paradise Park.

I love Southern Thai food, this is the real deal.

http://theworldandhistuktuk.co.uk/roti-fatimah-outstanding-southern-curries-roti-eastern-bangkok/

Not mentioned by author or maybe he didnt know the name, mataba, its the best I have eaten, same same roti but different.

This place sometimes has a stall at CW immigration in the large hall right next to immi.

I bought food from the woman and asked where her shop was, she told me, I went to PP the next day and stuffed my face.

I know exactly where you ate, I cant drink as I drive, but if I lived out that way it would be a nice setting for a few pints.

Just an observation but if you are thinking of committing to buying a property maybe it would pay to go to that area and take a look in person?

Just an observation but if you followed the thread you might noticed that I commute from the area back and forth?

Just an observation but if you are thinking of committing to buying a property maybe it would pay to go to that area and take a look in person?

And IMO, srinakarin road is not the most interesting part of Bkk.... lack of soul, too much cement, endless road.

And IMO, srinakarin road is not the most interesting part of Bkk.... lack of soul, too much cement, endless road.

I don't see Srinakharin road as being greatly different to other outer suburbs but in its favour its got good shopping centres, Rama 9 park, not far from Bang pu seafood restaurants, close to the BTS with a new line to go down or close to srinakharin road in the future, close to bangna trat and outer ring road, and close to Suvarnabhumi. Not too shabby.

I don't see Srinakharin road as being greatly different to other outer suburbs but in its favour its got good shopping centres, Rama 9 park, not far from Bang pu seafood restaurants, close to the BTS with a new line to go down or close to srinakharin road in the future, close to bangna trat and outer ring road, and close to Suvarnabhumi. Not too shabby.

To be honest, i completely agree with you. I have been there only a few times, in spite i was living "near" in Bangkapi. Mostly because i didnt get any vibe from this part of town.... thats just a question of personal feeling.

Edited by Bender

To be honest, i completely agree with you. I have been there only a few times, in spite i was living "near" in Bangkapi. Mostly because i didnt get any vibe from this part of town.... thats just a question of personal feeling.

No doubts, it got a bit of a soulless feeling but it's the people who make your home a home. I think it's still quite affordable and some of the places can be bought up pretty cheap.

There is a BTS extension coming, towards the airport link and other things that will hopefully bring some ROI after 20+ years and I get to live for 'free' in it, in the meantime.

Example: Same developer, similar village.. house in Srinakarin 14mb - same house in the city centre 31m baht. Location, location, location...

Edited by PomRakBKK

No doubts, it got a bit of a soulless feeling but it's the people who make your home a home. I think it's still quite affordable and some of the places can be bought up pretty cheap.

There is a BTS extension coming, towards the airport link and other things that will hopefully bring some ROI after 20+ years and I get to live for 'free' in it, in the meantime.

Example: Same developer, similar village.. house in Srinakarin 14mb - same house in the city centre 31m baht. Location, location, location...

Location, location, location...

rent, rent, rent should be the motto.

Some people might like this area, but buying there is big no. First, as a foreigner you are not allowed to own a house. Two, to buy house under you wife's name is a real stupid thing to do.

And the bts extension will open, maybe in 5 years...

Just an observation but if you followed the thread you might noticed that I commute from the area back and forth?

So you commute back and forth from there but don't know what malls are there?

Yep, that's why most of us live in the suburbs.

The traffic on srinakharin has improved a lot in recent years, but the stretch from Bangna Trat to Theparak can be rot tit and a right pain.

So you commute back and forth from there but don't know what malls are there?

Usually keep my eyes on the road and trying to get some more info about the area hasn't hurt anyone yet, did it?

That's what the forum is for, no?