So you think you can sing?

Tonight it's been confirmed that I can't.

Went to KTV. For those who don't know what that is it's karaoke TV. Basically a big party venue where you hire rooms. These can range from modest to luxurious type ones depending n the venue ( I'm not in Thailand)

You order lots of food and alcohol. I'm not a drinker so cranberry juice but there were mixes with Vodka and green tea amongst some of the more weird tastes. We had porcupine which was unusual, no monkey brains but still.

Singing is the thing here. Strut your stuff more or less karaoke style.

Thousands of songs you can choose from but this one has to be my fave biggrin.png

Hilarious stuff.

I can sing it word for word in a duet.

So besides in the shower anyone tried this? It's fun.

When I first arrived in Thailand more years ago than I care to remember the girls where I worked invited me to karaoke. Now I sing about as well as Stephen Hawkins breakdances so went along just to be polite hoping I could survive the evening sitting in the corner nursing a drink or two. After a few bevvies and upon hearing the caterwauling coming from the girls mouths I thought " mca mate you've got no worries here" and treated them to a legendary in my own mind rendition of CCRs " Fortunate Son". After subsequent visits over the years to various karaokes with Thai friends and colleagues I fully realise their rapturous applause is more through politeness rather than my skills as a potential " The Voice" contestant.

Edited by mca

I "know" that I am a great Karaoke singer especially when I have had a few jars, but over the past few years even the local dogs ahve gone from this

post-5614-0-51328700-1464673050_thumb.jp

to this

post-5614-0-48833600-1464673080_thumb.jp.

I keep getting subtle and not so subtle messages about retiring my singing voice.

I faked 'the sore throat' at many a 'family occasion' where the aunties & cousins start insisting I have a go...

No chance, I hate singing because I know exactly how terrible I sound. I wish I could sing, but I just can't.

I also wish others who can't sing carried the same restraint.

How many times do I have to hear some song being absolutely murdered?... yeah, I know its fun, but gosh its painful !!!!.... \

I once went with my Wife and Son (then 2 yrs old) to a BigEcho in Tokyo... we all had fun, my son especially who wouldn't give up the mic... but that was in a private room, no one else was subjected to my scratching around for a note....

Edited by richard_smith237

Tonight it's been confirmed that I can't.

Went to KTV. For those who don't know what that is it's karaoke TV. Basically a big party venue where you hire rooms. These can range from modest to luxurious type ones depending n the venue ( I'm not in Thailand)

You order lots of food and alcohol. I'm not a drinker so cranberry juice but there were mixes with Vodka and green tea amongst some of the more weird tastes. We had porcupine which was unusual, no monkey brains but still.

Singing is the thing here. Strut your stuff more or less karaoke style.

Thousands of songs you can choose from but this one has to be my fave biggrin.png

Hilarious stuff.

I can sing it word for word in a duet.

So besides in the shower anyone tried this? It's fun.

At your age old girl, you'd need to be careful not to put your back or hip out.

Since when has the asylum been letting you out at night?

Yes - I can sing & it is great fun .....

Guessing Trans will be along shortly - his new CD is titled Boomerang.......

Because he keeps giving them away - and people give them right back to him.....

He calls it repeat business.....

Bada bing.......

Actually I wish he lived in the same area as me so we could go out & surprise a few people.....

Some of us actually can.....

Bada bing.......

Actually I wish he lived in the same area as me so we could go out & surprise a few people.....

I can actually sing myself, but it would not be the type of song Transam would sing

or probably you too, and I would only sing in front of a live band if I could also borrow the bass guitar.

Bada bing.......

I can actually sing myself, but it would not be the type of song Transam would sing

or probably you too, and I would only sing in front of a live band if I could also borrow the bass guitar.

No guitar - but wish I had learned early so it would've been a natural talent/second nature.....

I did with a filipino band in the US......They were a pretty talented group & it was a lot of fun.....I was the only white face.....

Mostly confined to karaoke now but did sing today accompanied by the owner of a local place - only one song though - an easy Elvis song....

Edited by pgrahmm

Bada bing.......

No guitar - but wish I had learned early so it would've been a natural talent/second nature.....

I did with a filipino band in the US......They were a pretty talented group & it was a lot of fun.....I was the only white face.....

Mostly confined to karaoke now but did sing today accompanied by the owner of a local place - only one song though - an easy Elvis song....

An easy Elvis song? Probably "Love me Tender".

Bada bing.......

An easy Elvis song? Probably "Love me Tender".
In The Ghetto & Don't Cry Daddy....

If we'd had the time And I Love You So would've got tacked on but his songs come pretty easy to me fast or slow - except some that I've now lost the higher ranges for.....

Edited by pgrahmm