PM Prayut says not the right time yet for parties to hold meetings

webfact

PM says not the right time yet for parties to hold meetings

139_PM-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said today (Monday) that it is not the right time yet for political parties to hold meetings or to stage other political activities.

He also insisted that the recent decision of the National Council for Peace and Order to lift overseas travel ban for blacklisted politicians and political activists was intended to ease political situation at home and that the move was not related to the national referendum due in August.

“Have the politicians changed?” he shot back at the reporters after he was asked whether political parties should be allowed to hold meetings as suggested by former Pheu Thai MPs.

He further said that he didn’t know when political meetings would be permitted, adding that he has to observe the situation first. “What if there are troubles and election cannot be held? Will I be blamed?” he asked.

The prime minister maintained that the government had done everything to make sure that peace prevail and the political roadmap is fulfilled.

Asked what made him decide not to ease ban on political meetings, General Prayut said that reporters themselves should be able to figure out by just looking at what they wrote in the social media or what they told the media.

From his own assessment from available information, the prime minister said: “They have not stopped. I don’t regard them as my enemy otherwise they should have been dealt with long time ago. But they don’t see the good things I have done for them while they persistently insist that they are right all along with no regard for the law,” said the prime minister.

Asked whether he can assure that corrupt politicians will not be able to escape out of the country, the prime minister shot back saying he cannot guarantee that they won’t escape. He said he didn’t allow them to escape but merely allowed them to go abroad to visit their families or relatives.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/165331

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-31

How can you have a fair election if only one party being the military junta are permitted to to meet, discuss and plan an election campaign? These things take time and we'll in excess of months, people need to know their choices of local candidates and their policies. When will they be permitted to meet, after the election when the junta is returned? Talk about stacking all the cards in favour of one side.

Edited by Thechook

It's my ball so I make the rules.

The time will be right for any issue you care to mention only when I decide and I can't emphasize enough that everything I do is for the benefit of the country.

I'm not asking you to believe me I'm TELLING you and you better believe that.

I am on a nice little earner here, i want to keep it that way.

I am enjoying all the attention, and overseas trips, and i want to keep it that way.

If i allow parties to hold meetings, people might listen to them, and i cannot allow that to happen.

Things we can do as Farangs is encourage others to spend holiday dollars in a more civilised country, where populations don't have liberties restricted with threats and imprisonment .

I asked my local member in Sydney about the trade we do there and our moral position ?

I have told girlfriend the business future is vanished there and her plans to sell woman's clothing is to be done in Sydney.

Demanding sanctions on websites and twitter won't be wise soon as this power grip tightens.

Those fleeing Thailand when the travel ban is lifted should serve as a warning to westerners there that things are not as calm as they appear from now.

Daily we see news items that remind us that this situation is delicately poised .

The general might need to survive the protests by simply crushing them .

But it's a question of "when" not "if " they occur

Edited by Plutojames88

From his own assessment from available information, the prime minister said: “They have not stopped. I don’t regard them as my enemy otherwise they should have been dealt with long time ago. But they don’t see the good things I have done for them while they persistently insist that they are right all along with no regard for the law,” said the prime minister.

This is classic stuff.

And a reminder of why the PM should not be allowed near a microphone.

Does anyone know the definition of a Dictator ?

Prayut does.

"I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha asserted yesterday that his government was not dictatorial although he admitted that it "may not be 100 per cent democratic". http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/778436-im-not-a-dictator-says-angry-prayut/

"But don't ask for democracy or an election now. I can't give it to you,"

Nothing has changed since November 2014.

Does anyone know the definition of a Dictator ?

Prayut does.

"I'm not a dictator, says angry Prayut. Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha asserted yesterday that his government was not dictatorial although he admitted that it "may not be 100 per cent democratic". http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/778436-im-not-a-dictator-says-angry-prayut/

"But don't ask for democracy or an election now. I can't give it to you,"

Nothing has changed since November 2014.

May not be 100% democratic?

How many percent?

W

I'm not a frog, I'm an eagle.

Oh, ok.

By the way, what does a frog look like?

Frogs are green, with powerful rear legs to hop, webbed toes, long tongues...

Oh, ok. Eerrr...you look like that!

Well, yes, I do, but I'm not a frog, I'm an eagle.

Can't be bothered to finish this...you get the idea. Didn't nail it with this, but thought I would post it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent appeal to Farangs to cut funding until the pitch folks come out.

Seriously this man is small.

He craves love and respect .

Invents polls.

Tries ( while jailing people for looking sideways) to say he isn't something article 44 says he is.?

Political opponents head to the monkey house.

Invalid constitution's steam rolled on the public ( that cater to elites ruling classes)

A self rape of democracy -

#All imposed on the fearful citizens

Democratic elected leaders ousted.

Replaced by army rule

He leads that group pretending its not only legit but lawfully , morally just.

All critics silenced.

Walk like a duck.......etc

This is an army coup .

Nothing more.

It's acting on behalf of elites awaiting an event.

Instead the soup mix for civil war Ferments with strong odour .

And it's likely Thailand will erupt in a mighty social and political uprising for that particular reason.

Millions can't be stopped if they get backing .

And clearly if the army fires on its civilians

UN has no choice but to side with the masses

And neutralise the Thai army with operations

Major major stuff ahead because it is a duck

Edited by Plutojames88

“What if there are troubles and election cannot be held? Will I be blamed?” he asked.
He's thinking ahead.
Note to ISOC: foment "troubles".

Or call up rabid Suthep and the mad monk again. Remind Thais what they're missing now they have all that 'happiness'. Oh, Suthep already admitted they'd plotted treason before so maybe not. Might try that little golem Panitan again... he's pretty precious.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu