Pagoda Dress Banned, Guess What is the New Mrs.Thailand National Costume

webfact

Pagoda Dress Banned, Guess What is the New Mrs.Thailand National Costume
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14646075941464607621l.jpg
Kanthicha ‘Yui’ Chimsiri presents her ‘Golden Pagoda’ costume for Mrs. Universe 2016 on May 17 in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Unlike last year’s tuk-tuk dress worn at the Miss Universe contest, the groundbreaking Golden Pagoda gown will not grace the international stage at the Mrs. Universe pagaent as Thailand’s national costume.

Beside the same authorities who two weeks ago flamed her choice of costume, contestant Kanthicha "Yui" Chimsiri on Monday announced it would no longer please her to wear the dress inspired by the pagoda at Bangkok’s Wat Phra Kaew, as it was deemed inappropriate.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1464607594&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-05-31

All they need to do is go down to Pattaya walking street to look for a recognized traditional Thai dress standing outside one of the traditional Thai clubs

Iam sure it will get a lot more votes than the cheesy tuk tuk outfit, especially more votes from the older male audiencewub.png

....their brains at work....

....like so many high school classes I have taught....

...tuk-tuks...pagodas....their origins are elsewhere anyway....

...or do you believe that 'rapping' and 'break-dancing' were invented in Thailand too...???

Looks like a bell you'd ring for service?

Not very flattering for the figure.

Since the tuk-tuk costume was such a winner, maybe a song thaew, green/yellow taxi, minivan inspired costume would work?

I guess a bus costume wouldn't do, what if the brakes failed? The contestant would have to do a runner.

....their brains at work....

....like so many high school classes I have taught....

...tuk-tuks...pagodas....their origins are elsewhere anyway....

...or do you believe that 'rapping' and 'break-dancing' were invented in Thailand too...???

Reminds me of a story my daughter told me when she was teaching English.

She asked the children in the class if anyone had eaten farang food. No hands went up.

She then asked them if anyone had eaten McDonalds or KFC. All hands were raised and every one of them thought this was original Tai food.

so instead of a pagoda, she will become a woven fish! Great! Why not just stick with the traditional dancing costumes with fancy head piece, but mix up by using sustainable material for eco aspect of the costume. Raise awareness for the hill tribes by incorporating their traditional outfits and patterns into an evening gown style....

so instead of a pagoda, she will become a woven fish! Great! Why not just stick with the traditional dancing costumes with fancy head piece, but mix up by using sustainable material for eco aspect of the costume. Raise awareness for the hill tribes by incorporating their traditional outfits and patterns into an evening gown style....

The major problem with the hill tribes is that they are, well. .......brown and the majority of them are not (allowed to be ) Thai citizens.

The major problem with the hill tribes is that they are, well. .......brown and the majority of them are not (allowed to be ) Thai citizens.

I agree, hill tribes are still being treated like outsiders even though they are native of the land. Being brown really isn't an issue, there are some hill tribes with pale skin. Many of the Mrs. Thailand are brown skin to begin with... if the judges are open enough, they would accept the hill tribe thing....at least the international community would be open about it, but the problem is getting past the thai judges first