Ex Cop 70 to marry Thai girl 17 - I wasn't being insulting says Facebook poster

webfact

(Mr)

Who cares really there choice there life. I hope they are happy for as long as it lasts. Maybe there's a hint of jealousy here

On the contrary, no jealousy at all, but maybe it has pricked your conscience with your age difference.

Love is blind, until money comes into the equation.

(Mr) oh yes I'm so concious of our 3 year age diffrence.

"Love is blind" yes I agree with that. Money has never come into any equation with us. Funnily enough nor with my circle of friends. But on here yes it seems to be a major factor

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

Despite your viewpoint in life, I find it very strange how you (obviously from a western country), can condone such a relationship ?

I would love to hear, if and when you and the boss have female offspring, whether you would be so conservative as you are now, if your daughter was in the same position ? I very much doubt it.

(Mr) will never be a problem have son won't be having any more. But to answer your question which I'd just my view I hasten to add. If I had a daughter and she came home at 17 told me she wanted to marry a 70 odd year old. I would sit her down and ask lots if questions to her I would voice my opinions/concerns (as all parents would have regardless of age of suitors). But if she was totally adamant then yes I would give her my full blessing. No I doubt MRS would have the same view. My views on life is live and let live people are free to make there own choices in life. As most on here have done by moving and living in Thailand. Yes I know it's easy to say as I have no daughter but it's what I belive I would do. Non judgemental is my way in life (exept for bullies or wannabe experts)

And if your daughter, if you had one, made her intentions clear to you and the boss, about her intentions to marry a man, 53 years older than her, would you not feel embarrassed, or, rather, like this family, would you be thinking ker-ching ?

(Mr)

If I gave her my blessing why would I then feel embarrassed? ?? You presume the girls family are thinking money you and everyone else have no concrete evidence on this at all. Have you considered the possibility of they are actually in love.

yea a 17 year old is in love with a 70 year old you are either trolling, naive or both

(Mr)

Your insults are very naive (I see you have amended your post removing the insult thank you) the concept of love is obviously lost on one such as yourself.

I'll give you the benefit of the very serious doubt and assume you are wearing rose coloured glasses. My instinct is to protect this child, probably born into financial difficulties, and stop this predatory 70 year old but I observe your 'instinct' is different and you seek to defend their 'love' as if this is something natural and acceptable. I could say many more things but I would get a ban.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Jasmine Dearden said: "The bride is so white."

Jesus...

the old adage:

black or white, pink inside thumbsup.gifwink.png

(mods I have good taste, pls don't ban me!)

wai.gif

...no your confused with a 'gutted rabbit'.

(Mr)

Who cares really there choice there life. I hope they are happy for as long as it lasts. Maybe there's a hint of jealousy here

On the contrary, no jealousy at all, but maybe it has pricked your conscience with your age difference.

Love is blind, until money comes into the equation.

(Mr) oh yes I'm so concious of our 3 year age diffrence.

"Love is blind" yes I agree with that. Money has never come into any equation with us. Funnily enough nor with my circle of friends. But on here yes it seems to be a major factor

To, (Mr, & Mrs),

Despite your viewpoint in life, I find it very strange how you (obviously from a western country), can condone such a relationship ?

I would love to hear, if and when you and the boss have female offspring, whether you would be so conservative as you are now, if your daughter was in the same position ? I very much doubt it.

(Mr) will never be a problem have son won't be having any more. But to answer your question which I'd just my view I hasten to add. If I had a daughter and she came home at 17 told me she wanted to marry a 70 odd year old. I would sit her down and ask lots if questions to her I would voice my opinions/concerns (as all parents would have regardless of age of suitors). But if she was totally adamant then yes I would give her my full blessing. No I doubt MRS would have the same view. My views on life is live and let live people are free to make there own choices in life. As most on here have done by moving and living in Thailand. Yes I know it's easy to say as I have no daughter but it's what I belive I would do. Non judgemental is my way in life (exept for bullies or wannabe experts)

And if your daughter, if you had one, made her intentions clear to you and the boss, about her intentions to marry a man, 53 years older than her, would you not feel embarrassed, or, rather, like this family, would you be thinking ker-ching ?

(Mr)

If I gave her my blessing why would I then feel embarrassed? ?? You presume the girls family are thinking money you and everyone else have no concrete evidence on this at all. Have you considered the possibility of they are actually in love.

yea a 17 year old is in love with a 70 year old you are either trolling, naive or both

(Mr)

Your insults are very naive (I see you have amended your post removing the insult thank you) the concept of love is obviously lost on one such as yourself.

I'll give you the benefit of the very serious doubt and assume you are wearing rose coloured glasses. My instinct is to protect this child, probably born into financial difficulties, and stop this predatory 70 year old but I observe your 'instinct' is different and you seek to defend their 'love' as if this is something natural and acceptable. I could say many more things but I would get a ban.

(Mr)

So you assume having never met or talked to the guy he is a predator you assume girl is born into financial difficulties proof please of both statements.You say I'm wearing rose colored specs ha ha

She chose to marry a man who chose a noble profession, rather than let guys take advantage of her.

Maybe he was a good man who was never given a chance to marry by unspiritual women.

BIB? Noble?

That's a new one on me.

She chose to marry a man who chose a noble profession, rather than let guys take advantage of her.

Maybe he was a good man who was never given a chance to marry by unspiritual women.

Do you not think that the man who chose 'a noble profession' is taking advantage of her ?

Jesus...

What's wrong with that, some get turned on by white, some by black, i prefer the dark skin myself, more erotic.

It's crass and unnecessary.

screw political correctness. its called biology. some people are attracted to white skin, some to tan skin, some to black skin, some to short, some to tall, some to skinny and some to fat.

Yeah but I keep changing my mind smile.png

Jesus...

What's wrong with that, some get turned on by white, some by black, i prefer the dark skin myself, more erotic.

It's crass and unnecessary.

You're true to form, i'll give you that. I'm sure that one day you will carry your PC so far that you will be afraid to speak for fear of offending someone.

If any of the people who think it is right had a 17yo daughter, who told them they wanted to marry a 70yo man, they would not be happy at all. So this 'good luck to them' is a load of <deleted>.

I think it would depend upon what I could do for my daughter as opposed to what the old man could do. It certainly may be better than have some pimply-faced ya ba smoking yayhoo get her pregnant and leave.

Would finances come into your consideration ?

Obviously it would.

Can't fool you; picked right up on that didn't you? However, finances was not even part of your biased statement. What is right for you may not be right for someone else. Old men have married young women forever. It makes sense, yes, financial sense as well as common sense. An older man is often ready to settle down and more prepared to take care of a woman than a younger man; since the older man may have the wherewithal to do so--the older may already have a house, car, finances and the ability to teach her a trade or send her to school. Young men may have those attributes too, but fewer of them do.

So get off your shaky high-horse and quit setting yourself up as judge and jury over the lives of others. Her parents are aware and they are violating no civil law or cultural norm.

If any of the people who think it is right had a 17yo daughter, who told them they wanted to marry a 70yo man, they would not be happy at all. So this 'good luck to them' is a load of <deleted>.

I think it would depend upon what I could do for my daughter as opposed to what the old man could do. It certainly may be better than have some pimply-faced ya ba smoking yayhoo get her pregnant and leave.

Would finances come into your consideration ?

Obviously it would.

Can't fool you; picked right up on that didn't you? However, finances was not even part of your biased statement. What is right for you may not be right for someone else. Old men have married young women forever. It makes sense, yes, financial sense as well as common sense. An older man is often ready to settle down and more prepared to take care of a woman than a younger man; since the older man may have the wherewithal to do so--the older may already have a house, car, finances and the ability to teach her a trade or send her to school. Young men may have those attributes too, but fewer of them do.

So get off your shaky high-horse and quit setting yourself up as judge and jury over the lives of others. Her parents are aware and they are violating no civil law or cultural norm.

Just out of interest, how many years difference between you and your wife?

Do you have any daughters? Would you give your blessing if one married 70 year-old man?

seems most of the people claiming this union could be for love are trying to maintain their own delusions that their much younger wife married them for love

It' obvious to those of us who married Thai women of a similar age to us at a normal age.

There are MANY MANY delusional old farts in Thailand and has been since I came her to live in 1985.

To be fair though, If my old Thai wife(we've soon be married 29 years) dies, I'd be interested in a 20 year old but i would not be deusional and would accept that I was a perverted old snake head unlike the ones you talk about.

An acquaintance of mine retired and settled in Uttaradit. When he was 65, he met a girl who was a few months short of 17 and they clicked. She continued to live with her family until she was 18 and then they married. Now she's 21 and he's 69. They're still together and seem to be very happy. And, by the way, his pension is small - less than 30,000 baht per month. He gave her parents 50,000 baht when they married and they haven't asked for anything since because they know he doesn't have much money. When he dies she'll get what's in their joint bank account -- he told me that they're saved about 200,000 now. (And since it's a joint account, she could take it and do a runner any time.) So it seems that it's not always about money, sometimes its about compatibility and -- dare I say -- love.

i know several such girls, they all had lost their virginity, (raped by familymembers, worked in karaoke-brothels, or left heartbroken by a thai boyfriend), and therefore had no more chance to find a thai husband. normally thais never marry second-hand woman, unlike in western countries. her only alternative would have been, to go to pattaya and work as a prostitute, so i think, she made the better decision.

Perhaps if you lived in a different place you wouldn't know so many poor, desperate girls like you do. But why do so many old men go to Pattaya? Could the high proportion of Thailand's poorest, desperate young girls have anything to do with it?

BTW, I think and I'm sure my many Thai friends would think that your friend is a monster. A 17 year old is a child in my eyes.

It's funny how men start to gossip like women as they get old.

Maybe the low production of testosterone is to blame.

I think this is their business and their lives.

The opinions of others does not matter in the least.

I wish them a happy marriage.

its not gossip. Its a fact that she is a child and looks like a child and evidently he is a paedo in disguise. If you think that this marriage is ok then maybe you think the same as this dirty old man

Equivalent of a whole army thinks the same as "this dirty old man" on this forum tongue.png

An acquaintance of mine retired and settled in Uttaradit. When he was 65, he met a girl who was a few months short of 17 and they clicked. She continued to live with her family until she was 18 and then they married. Now she's 21 and he's 69. They're still together and seem to be very happy. And, by the way, his pension is small - less than 30,000 baht per month. He gave her parents 50,000 baht when they married and they haven't asked for anything since because they know he doesn't have much money. When he dies she'll get what's in their joint bank account -- he told me that they're saved about 200,000 now. (And since it's a joint account, she could take it and do a runner any time.) So it seems that it's not always about money, sometimes its about compatibility and -- dare I say -- love.

i know several such girls, they all had lost their virginity, (raped by familymembers, worked in karaoke-brothels, or left heartbroken by a thai boyfriend), and therefore had no more chance to find a thai husband. normally thais never marry second-hand woman, unlike in western countries. her only alternative would have been, to go to pattaya and work as a prostitute, so i think, she made the better decision.

Perhaps if you lived in a different place you wouldn't know so many poor, desperate girls like you do. But why do so many old men go to Pattaya?

BTW, I think and I'm sure my many Thai friends would think that your friend is a monster. A 17 year old is a child in my eyes.

FYI, his wife was a virgin when they first met and stayed a virgin until they were married. Her parents insisted that she live at home, finish high school, and wait until she was 18 to be sure that she really wanted to marry him. He waited for her, she didn't change her mind, and her parents eventually accepted her choice.

Perhaps if you lived in a different place you wouldn't know so many poor, desperate girls like you do. But why do so many old men go to Pattaya?

FYI, his wife was a virgin when they first met and stayed a virgin until they were married. Her parents insisted that she live at home, finish high school, and wait until she was 18 to be sure that she really wanted to marry him. He waited for her, she didn't change her mind, and her parents eventually accepted her choice.

How did they meet?

"FYI, his wife was a virgin when they first met and stayed a virgin until they were married. Her parents insisted that she live at home, finish high school, and wait until she was 18 to be sure that she really wanted to marry him. He waited for her, she didn't change her mind, and her parents eventually accepted her choice."

"How did they meet?"

She worked at a coffee shop after school and they met there.

"FYI, his wife was a virgin when they first met and stayed a virgin until they were married. Her parents insisted that she live at home, finish high school, and wait until she was 18 to be sure that she really wanted to marry him. He waited for her, she didn't change her mind, and her parents eventually accepted her choice."

"How did they meet?"

How romantic. Did she hold his zimmer frame while he was sitting down?

I wonder what they talk about when sitting alone at night.

"How did they meet?"

Had to look up "zimmer frame"... No, he doesn't use a walker -- ex-military and still in very good shape.

Don't know what they talk about when they're alone. When I visited them last year, there was a lot of talk about their plan to try growing fiddlehead ferns.

"How did they meet?"

Had to look up "zimmer frame"... No, he doesn't use a walker -- ex-military and still in very good shape.

Don't know what they talk about when they're alone. When I visited them last year, there was a lot of talk about their plan to try growing fiddlehead ferns.

No talk of kids. The reason i got married. I can't see any other reason.

"How did they meet?"

Private nurse. A good choice for oldtimers about to croak and no family.

What's the happy couple actually done wrong?

Right with you nottocus.

Live and let live.

A song; "aint nobodys business but their own"

Another famous song sung by Nat King Cole was

They try to tell us we're too young

Too young to really be in love

They say that love's a word

A word we've only heard

But can't begin to know the meaning of

And yet we're not too young to know

This love will last though years may go

And then some day they may recall

We were not too young at all

"How did they meet?"

Try explaining that to Noi who is only after her dowry,house and toyota hilux.

Helmuts and Bjorns usually believe that the village will talk about her if they don't get married, even though they all know she has been working at the Pink Pussy Bar for 15 years!

What's the happy couple actually done wrong?

Right with you nottocus.

Live and let live.

A song; "aint nobodys business but their own"

Another famous song sung by Nat King Cole was

They try to tell us we're too young

Too young to really be in love

They say that love's a word

A word we've only heard

But can't begin to know the meaning of

And yet we're not too young to know

This love will last though years may go

And then some day they may recall

We were not too young at all

That song was also sung by Donny Osmond, early 70's.

I think you will find that it is about TWO young people, not about a 17yo girl and a 71yo perv.

Archived