Ex Cop 70 to marry Thai girl 17 - I wasn't being insulting says Facebook poster

webfact

I cannot imagine this kid really wants to be with this sack of bones...obviously pressured by the parents, who should be ashamed for blatantly selling their daughter....

The only good thing about this story is that this old dude will surely die in the next few years...and she'll be free again...

and yes, I'm being disrespectful...

Well acquainted with all the facts are you?

Any more interesting information you can pass along?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really are some shocking, disrespectful, Judgemental people on this forum.

I am actually amazed by the amount of marriage guidance experts alone.

Most should know what they are on about after several attempts at happiness

The old fella must have nerves of steel. Hanging around teenagers for more than 5 mins calls for an incredible amount of self discipline not to start fitting the noose over the branch, let alone marrying one.

I wonder when I get old will I also think that marriages to someone old enough to be one's grand grand dad is ok? Maybe another 40 years will change my heart.

Her: Honey I won my pokemon battle!

Him: what? Speak up child... you poked a man?

This shows it is not only old farangs going after and marrying young girls.

Must be his good looks she is marrying him for.

Must be his good looks she is marrying him for.

If so, a visit to the optician is in order.

It's funny how men start to gossip like women as they get old.

Maybe the low production of testosterone is to blame.

I think this is their business and their lives.

The opinions of others does not matter in the least.

I wish them a happy marriage.

Our opinions may not matter in terms of influencing what the bride and groom think or feel, but opinions do matter in the context of observing human nature, cultural, social etc dimensions, a debate on any ethical or other matters. There is value in it. Don't try to stiffle such debate.

If any of the people who think it is right had a 17yo daughter, who told them they wanted to marry a 70yo man, they would not be happy at all. So this 'good luck to them' is a load of <deleted>.

I think it would depend upon what I could do for my daughter as opposed to what the old man could do. It certainly may be better than have some pimply-faced ya ba smoking yayhoo get her pregnant and leave.

if he gets too excited she still could be a virgin for her next husband.

Virgin??

At 17 ?? in Thailand?? yeah, right,

She most likely already spent 2 years serving punters down at the local karaoke bar. and seems lucky she not popped out a child already.

And I am also not being insulting....

you are being incorrect if not insulting.

14 years ago. I married a good Buddhist woman who is a university graduate, never been in a bar or had a drink in her life. She is Thai.

At the time of our marriage, she was a 36 year old virgin. ( yes, I know hoe to tell )

I also know several of her friends with similar backgrounds who were virgins until the were married in their 30s..

It is not as uncommon in Thailand as many farangs assume it is.

Not every Thai woman is the type who entertain old men in Pattaya and places like that.

I guess if those are the only kind of Thai women you know, it is easy, but wrong, to assume they are all like they type you know.

I'd like to see you trying to defend yourself for marrying a 17 year old back in the good ol' US

I married at the age of 17 in the States. Currently, the age of consent is 16 to 18 in the States and in some cases with parental consent marriage is condoned earlier. In some countries in Europe, the age of consent goes down to 14. Of course, marriage and age of consent are not synonymous, but even puritans, I would suspect, would condone an early marriage before simple sex.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/what-age-consent-around-world-2802173

I'd like to see you trying to defend yourself for marrying a 17 year old back in the good ol' US

With parental consent, girls that young can marry in the good old U.S.as well.

I do not need to defend myself thank you.

I have been happily married to my Thai wife for almost 15 years now.

We have been married since she was 36 years old.

Younger or not, I do not seek any women other than my wife.

In Thailand a girl of 15 can be married, but only with the consent of her parents.

Many foreigners have misconstrued this and believe it is legal to have sex with a 15 year old in Thailand.

It is not.

The age of consent in Thailand, just like the good old US, is 18 years old.

14 years ago. I married a good Buddhist woman who is a university graduate, never been in a bar or had a drink in her life. She is Thai.

At the time of our marriage, she was a 36 year old virgin. ( yes, I know hoe to tell )

I also know several of her friends with similar backgrounds who were virgins until the were married in their 30s..

Not every Thai woman is the type who entertain old men in Pattaya and places like that.

I guess if those are the only kind of Thai women you know, it is easy, but wrong, to assume they are all like they type you know.

cheers willy!

but uni graduate in thailand means very little unless you simply wanted to tell us she's not a farm girl with 3 kids (from 3 different fathers) at the age of 19 clap2.gifcheesy.gif

You're all just jealous! whistling.gif

true i always wanted to be a 70 year old thai ex-copper 555

Might have given you a bit more class although breeding is a different problem.

cheers willy!

but uni graduate in thailand means very little unless you simply wanted to tell us she's not a farm girl with 3 kids (from 3 different fathers) at the age of 19 clap2.gifcheesy.gif

A uni graduate in Thailand means a person with a rather high level education for this country, period.

cheers willy!

A uni graduate in Thailand means a person with a rather high level education for this country, period.

rather high as in knowing the difference between Brussels and Brazil thumbsup.gif

if he gets too excited she still could be a virgin for her next husband.

Virgin??

At 17 ?? in Thailand?? yeah, right,

She most likely already spent 2 years serving punters down at the local karaoke bar. and seems lucky she not popped out a child already.

And I am also not being insulting....

Yes, you are as well as plain ignorant.

cheers willy!

You're not a graduate, are you?

This reminds me of the story where another 70-year-old was going to get married to a very young woman. His family was aghast.

One family member tells him: "All that sex could be detrimental to health and even result in death, you know?!"

He: "So what? If she dies, she dies!"

cheers willy!

You're not a graduate, are you?

I'm a master, self-master coffee1.gif

Archived