Sore Feet.

DUNROAMIN

Hi to everyone, Since I moved to Thailand for retirement about six months ago I have developed problems with my feet, about a month ago I noticed the shoulders of my feet started to ache, especially first up in the morning. I can feel that area on my feet have gone hard and lumpy. I have researched this problem on the Internet and have found that constantly walking on tiles and concrete bare footed is not good for your feet, apparently our feet are designed for irregular surfaces. Also flip flops are not good to wear on flat surfaces. I have never had any problems with my feet until I came to Thailand or am I just getting old.

If anybody has had the same problem with their feet, I would appreciate any feed back and maybe some suggestions on medical treatment or home remedy.sad.png

Consider getting carpeting put down in your home. The condo I bought had good quality carpets installed by the previous Thai owner and I love being able to walk around in bare feet. No painful soles or cold feet!

My carpets are over 15 years old, get professionally cleaned every 5 years or so and will probably outlast me. No smell, rot or other problems you might expect in a hot humid climate.

And the best thing is that I can drop watches, phones, glasses etc onto the surface and no breakages!

Since I put insoles (from Scholl) in my sport shoes and wear sandals/flipflops/clapclaps from Spenco, I can walk without hurting.

Two days ago my S Healt application measured 12'600 steps. No problem.

Since I put insoles (from Scholl) in my sport shoes and wear sandals/flipflops/clapclaps from Spenco, I can walk without hurting.

Two days ago my S Healt application measured 12'600 steps. No problem.

Thanks for that. I will check at shopping centres today. I live near Mukdahan and not sure if Scholl and Spendco are available up here. We have a Robinson store here, so fingers crossed. I think I made a mistake by following Thai tradition here and went bare foot around the house on tiles. Bad decision..

Cheers

Agree, better shoes and wear slippers inside.

If this doesn't do the trick see a podiatrist

Had inflamed Achilles tendon. Very painfull to walk. Tried hot packs and cold packs and Counterpain. A little bit better.

Went to a physical therapy near Chalong (Phuket). Had "shock wave therapy", electro-massage, hand massage. Went 5 times. Didn't help a bit.

Went to Dr.Dirk Weeber Arayatumsopon in Bangkok, to treat ingrown toenails. He also checked my Achilles, and suggested to wear insoles. So I did. No more pain.