British man wanted on alleged multi million pound Ponzi fraud arrested in Bangkok

webfact

It is really funny to read all these feedback from (mostly) expats. How many would like to be in his place with his money and they could (they think) outsmart everybody. The later is always a problem with all those "smarts".

It is really funny to read all these feedback from (mostly) expats. How many would like to be in his place with his money and they could (they think) outsmart everybody. The later is always a problem with all those "smarts".

Latter you mean ?

how stupid can you get?

With £3.9 million he could have afforded to employ someone just to look after his personal affairs including his immigration status

he should have become a MONK.

how stupid can you get?

With £3.9 million he could have afforded to employ someone just to look after his personal affairs including his immigration status

Perhaps that is exactly what he did. How stupid can you get?

You think we are reading all these John Grisham books for fun?

Hang the small, and let the big ones (FED, Goldmann Sachs, etc.) walk... thumbsup.gif

I would not call 3.9 million pounds small...

If it were a 300 grand, ok. In fact they probably would not even look to hard for him, but 3.9 million you are on the run for the rest of your days.

And rightly so, with that amount it is certain he must have destabilized and maybe even impoverished dozens of people, who maybe now might see some of their money back.

I am glad they caught the bastard, luckily more and more these days get caught, much more than before the Army was in charge....

The world is a smaller place nowadays. The decision to chase someone overseas for stealing money is more about how cost effective it is rather then the crime itself. But big sums like this they will always bother.

You're right someone definitely felt the pain after stealing an amount this big. He won't be seeing the light of day for some time, if ever.

Good, I hope he spends a lot of time locked up. Thai style.

I have been a victim of similar and the guy is still out free as the UK wheels of justice slowly grind.

Keep your hard earned close to you and if it looks too good to be true....it is.

It's 'the wheels of justice grind exceeding slow' (and i didnt misspell exceeding,theres no 'ly' at the end)

lts "The Mills of God grind slowly,

but they grind exceedingly fine"

Hang the small, and let the big ones (FED, Goldmann Sachs, etc.) walk... thumbsup.gif

I would not call 3.9 million pounds small...

If it were a 300 grand, ok. In fact they probably would not even look to hard for him, but 3.9 million you are on the run for the rest of your days.

And rightly so, with that amount it is certain he must have destabilized and maybe even impoverished dozens of people, who maybe now might see some of their money back.

I am glad they caught the bastard, luckily more and more these days get caught, much more than before the Army was in charge....

The world is a smaller place nowadays. The decision to chase someone overseas for stealing money is more about how cost effective it is rather then the crime itself. But big sums like this they will always bother.

You're right someone definitely felt the pain after stealing an amount this big. He won't be seeing the light of day for some time, if ever.

What do you mean, "if ever"?

If he hires a quality brief when he gets shipped back, he'll get 7 years and do 3.5