Low Load for Extension Phuket

As I have an OA Retirement Visa I have the opportunity with the last one year stamp to set the month for future Extensions at Phuket Immi which is often choked up with applicants.

Any experiences on time of year consistently prompt service for Retirement Extensions?

I have mobility problems and have been stuck in December for 8 years which is an all-day bunfight the last few years.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

If you have a 1 year permit to stay from entering with a non 'O-A' visa you will only be able to apply for a 1 year extension of stay in the last 30 (maybe 45) days of the current stay.

An application for an extension of stay will only be accepted during the last 30 days of your current permission to stay.

Interesting that I have never enjoyed an all day bun-fight at Phuket immigration ---------in and out within a couple of hours.

The quietest time of the year in Phuket is during the low season.

As you can choose the month you get your last one year stamp and don't worry about getting the full two years or the visa expiry date and just work off the last stamp you can choose the month for all your future Extensions - Right?

Once the visa has expired the permission to stay stamp rules - Correct?

As you can choose the month you get your last one year stamp and don't worry about getting the full two years or the visa expiry date and just work off the last stamp you can choose the month for all your future Extensions - Right?

You can apply for an extension during the last 30 days of any permission to stay derived from the visa.

• Like 1

No.

Yes.

If you are planning to apply for a 1 year extension of stay the only date that is important is the 'admitted until' date stamped in your passport. You can only apply for the extension within the last 30 days of that date.

No.

Yes.

If you are planning to apply for a 1 year extension of stay the only date that is important is the 'admitted until' date stamped in your passport. You can only apply for the extension within the last 30 days of that date.

I'm sorry you don't understand the Question - which was asked in two different ways - Same question.

It can't be No and Yes.

However others have confirmed my supposition.

Low season in Phuket is currently good and relatively painless - Phuket have recently set up a special room/desk for Retirement Extensions (Room !03 - Down stairs).

Friend of mine was recently in/out for a Retirement Extension within 30 mins of arriving with the correct paperwork (signed stamp in passport is now collect next day after lunch).

In other words, right around now in low season might be a good time to exit and re-enter on your second one-year visa. If you re-enter on June 15, that would put the application period for your extension of stay next year between the early part of May and June 14. Good luck.

In other words, right around now in low season might be a good time to exit and re-enter on your second one-year visa. If you re-enter on June 15, that would put the application period for your extension of stay next year between the early part of May and June 14. Good luck.

Assuming he still has a valid, unexpired O-A Visa, if he left and returned, he'd have a new one year permission to stay, not a second one year visa. The visa would expire one year from the date it was issued. For timing the month when extensions could be applied for, the expiration of his permission to stay is what matters.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2